The official, Predict the 2015 White Sox record thread

southsider2k5

How many games will the White Sox win in 2015?  

77 members have voted

1. 1. How many games will the White Sox win in 2015?

• <59
    • 60-64
    • 65-69
    • 70-74
    • 75-79
    • 80-84
    • 85-89
    • 90-94
    • 95-99
    • 100+

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

80-82

QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Mar 30, 2015 -> 03:40 PM)
80-82. I don't believe in Avisail Garcia, I don't believe in the back end of the rotation, and I have to predict that a couple guys get hurt just because usually a couple guys get hurt. If those things happen, the team has some real holes.

I agree with this. Sox have holes at Catcher, 2B, 3B, RF, and back of rotation (as well as a below average manager). Bullpens are always iffy. I wouldn't be shocked if things go right and they make the playoffs, but as they stand right now 80 wins seems about right.

Edited by South Side Fireworks Man

QUOTE (South Side Fireworks Man @ Mar 30, 2015 -> 03:51 PM)
80-82

I agree with this. Sox have holes at Catcher, 2B, 3B, RF, and back of rotation. Bullpens are always iffy. I wouldn't be shocked if things go right and they make the playoffs, but as they stand right now 80 wins seems about right.

60W 60 L Record in the other 42 games :25-17 .

To all who say that we have holes at C, 2B, 3B, and RF... I'd argue that none of those are holes, except maybe 2B. You can't expect every position to be played by an all-star caliber player. Those particular positions aren't covered by all-stars/proven, above-average players, but they are definitely not "holes".

Edited by Jose Abreu

QUOTE (Vance Law @ Mar 31, 2015 -> 03:21 AM)
suffering from clinical pessimism

i am going crazy over here. i just can't see why many are predicting a lower ranking than i.

i must really be blind.

that is the truth. i keep going over the roster and the sp and pen. i come up with a possible great season.

Edited by LDF

QUOTE (South Side Fireworks Man @ Mar 30, 2015 -> 05:51 PM)
80-82

I agree with this. Sox have holes at Catcher, 2B, 3B, RF, and back of rotation. Bullpens are always iffy. I wouldn't be shocked if things go right and they make the playoffs, but as they stand right now 80 wins seems about right.

2B, 3B, & RF may be question marks, but I wouldn't call them holes. Johnson & Garcia have legit upside, and Conor has been extremely effective against RHP. I think you could argue C is a hole if you don't believe Flowers can replicate his offensive output from last year and the #4 spot in the rotation is currently a hole, but that will likely be filled Rodon before June. I'm not sure I think Danks or Noesi as your #5 starter is really that bad.

I think many posters on this site seem to think our competition is flawless when in reality they have as many question marks and/or holes as we do.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Mar 30, 2015 -> 10:16 PM)
2B, 3B, & RF may be question marks, but I wouldn't call them holes. Johnson & Garcia have legit upside, and Conor has been extremely effective against RHP. I think you could argue C is a hole if you don't believe Flowers can replicate his offensive output from last year and the #4 spot in the rotation is currently a hole, but that will likely be filled Rodon before June. I'm not sure I think Danks or Noesi as your #5 starter is really that bad.

I think many posters on this site seem to think our competition is flawless when in reality they have as many question marks and/or holes as we do.

It is really easy to look at the rest of the teams in the AL central and find some big holes. The Tigers pen is still a disaster, as is their team defense. The Royals are going to struggle to score runs again, and their starting pitching took a big hit. The Indians have the worst starting five out of the top four teams in the AL central.

Five or so below .500. I hope the team is much better, though. I bought mlb.com package.

Nothing would surprise me. I've said it time and again ... can this team start winning series in the Central? I hope we get one in KC to open the season. It would be buzzkill to get swept by the AL Champs who will be playing with house money as everybody honors them opening series.

88-ish wins, tight finish, maybe a wild card berth. Division will black and blue each other, with four tams finishing close. Rodon comes up by late May and front 4 are great (as long as healthy), offense ends up very good. Bullpen is erratic though, and defense will still be an issue.

Hope I'm wrong but I don't see this team winning more than 82 games. The bottom of the starting rotation, Noesi and Danks is BAD. It's as bad as any bottom of a rotation in MLB. I'm still hoping Hahn adds another starting pitcher before Opening Day. Danks and Noesi have no business being in any starting rotation. Both of them will probably be out of MLB soon. I realize that its water over the damn but I wish Hahn would not of traded Addison Reed last year for Davidson. If they would of kept Reed they would not of spent all that money on Robertson. That money could of gone for another starting pitcher.

Edited by WBWSF