L. Cain

E. Hosmer

K. Morales

S. Perez

M. Moustakas

O. Infante

J. Dyson

Edited by Jose Abreu

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Apr 3, 2015 -> 12:07 PM)
Projected lineups-

Eaton

Cabrera

Abreu

LaRoche

Garcia

Gillaspie

Ramirez

Johnson/Flowers

Flowers/Johnson

against

A. Escobar

A. Gordon

L. Cain

E. Hosmer

K. Morales

S. Perez

M. Moustakas

O. Infante

J. Dyson

WHY IS CABRERA HITTING SEC -

Wait. Sorry, old habits.

How are they working pitching?

Samardzija for the opener

Quintana

Danks

Noesi for the home opener

Then samardzija again

Then sale?

Wouldn't they eventually want samardzija between Quintana and sale?

QUOTE (kev211 @ Apr 3, 2015 -> 12:18 PM)
How are they working pitching?

Samardzija for the opener

Quintana

Danks

Noesi for the home opener

Then samardzija again

Then sale?

Wouldn't they eventually want samardzija between Quintana and sale?

Yes.

Barring rain-

KC- Samardzija, Quintana, Danks

Min- Noesi, Samardzija, Sale

Cle- Quintana, Danks

Det- Noesi, Sale, Samardzija

Cle- Quintana, Danks, Noesi

Edited by flavum

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Apr 3, 2015 -> 12:24 PM)
The Sox really really need Garcia to be a good hitter. He can make or break the lineup.

I have confidence in him. I think we may see a .275/25/80 type of season from him.

I would love to have an opening day that I could watch live for a change. Always working on opening day. Why cant Sunday be opening day every year? Wouldnt that make the most sense?

QUOTE (shipps @ Apr 3, 2015 -> 01:09 PM)
Good God, seeing it on paper it really hits home of how important Johnson is going to be to the bottom of the order. If he doesnt exceed expectations it will be a huge whole in the lineup for the bottom three.

We really need to see Gillaspie not be terrible too. Make the routine plays, hit .275 with 10 homers, and knock in some sac flys when needed.

Good God, seeing it on paper it really hits home of how important Johnson is going to be to the bottom of the order. If he doesnt exceed expectations it will be a huge whole in the lineup for the bottom three.

If Gillaspie's in there then odds are it's against a righty and I wouldn't call him a hole. He's legitimately good at hitting right handed pitching.

Conor put up a 124 wRC+ against RHP last year. Even with some regression, 3B is far from a hole as long as Robin platoons Conor with someone capable against LHP. I'm little worried about Beckham being in that role though.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Apr 3, 2015 -> 02:18 PM)
Conor put up a 124 wRC+ against RHP last year. Even with some regression, 3B is far from a hole as long as Robin platoons Conor with someone capable against LHP. I'm little worried about Beckham being in that role though.

In order I'm worried about:

catcher

2b

back of pen

back or rotation

3b

conor, as long as he is protected against LHP, is a completely cromulent 3B.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Apr 3, 2015 -> 01:27 PM)
I'd prefer Avi batting 5th, but maybe he will on Monday. However this Charlotte lineup today may be our Opening Day lineup.

Based on recent spring training games, this is Monday's lineup.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Apr 3, 2015 -> 01:22 PM)

catcher

2b

back of pen

back or rotation

3b

Honestly, your order looks spot-on to me. I have zero faith in Flowers offensively and we have no real backup plans at catcher if you assume Soto can't take on a regular's workload. At least with 2B and the pitching staff, we have actually some options in AAA that could possibly help at some point. As for 3B, I'm pretty confident we can get league average production out of the position if Robin platoons appropriately (again, assuming Beckham carries his weight).

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Apr 3, 2015 -> 01:18 PM)

Time for a little Beckham love like non-dislike: He will be a better option than Gillaspie in all aspects when we're facing a lefty starter. That said, his platoon splits last year are a bit of a mirage, they fluctuate year-to-year seemingly at random, and they come out more or less even for his career. But he still clears Gillaspie's bar.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Apr 3, 2015 -> 12:22 PM)

catcher

2b

back of pen

back or rotation

3b

My worry list in order:

Pen, overall (May need a boost or two thru the season, especially some power arms)

Back of rotation (How soon will Rodon be helping?)

Catcher (How big a role will Soto have?)

2B (Micah needs to be decent or better, otherwise, the competence of Sanchez, or some other less exciting option comes into play)

3B (Agree that if platooned properly, not much of a worry)

RF (Avi at the plate and in the field may be the biggest key to overall team success)

Edited by Stan Bahnsen

Avi and Micah and Johnson are the highest variance players for sure. I would not be suprised to see Avi turn into a 3 WAR player with a 280/330/480 line with 20 steals and solid defense. I also wouldn't be surprised if he was only a 1 WAR player.

He is certainly a huge x factor this year.