2015 Opening Day Thread

Jose Abreu

• Replies 831
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 3, 2015 -> 01:51 PM)
Something I think we're going to see a lot this year is Johnson being replaced by Beckham or Sanchez for defensive reasons in the later innings.

SSS had a short piece today suggesting Robin will probably shift Conor to first and put Beckham in at 3rd a lot, which I can already promise you will make me angry because you're risking an Abreu-less lineup in extras.

QUOTE (shysocks @ Apr 3, 2015 -> 07:54 PM)
SSS had a short piece today suggesting Robin will probably shift Conor to first and put Beckham in at 3rd a lot, which I can already promise you will make me angry because you're risking an Abreu-less lineup in extras.

And because Beckham isn't good defensively at 3rd

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 3, 2015 -> 01:57 PM)
And because Beckham isn't good defensively at 3rd

It's a stupid idea IMO and this is Robin's make or break year. Hawks' right about one thing: this is the year he has to manage. If he's pulling Jose he better sure as s*** make sure he can close out the game -- with this pen I'm not sure that's a very good bet.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Apr 3, 2015 -> 07:59 PM)
It's a stupid idea IMO and this is Robin's make or break year. Hawks' right about one thing: this is the year he has to manage. If he's pulling Jose he better sure as s*** make sure he can close out the game -- with this pen I'm not sure that's a very good bet.

If the team gets off to a slow start, then he absolutely should be let go. The sloppiness of the last two years seemed to continue during ST.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 3, 2015 -> 02:02 PM)
If the team gets off to a slow start, then he absolutely should be let go. The sloppiness of the last two years seemed to continue during ST.

15-20 years ago, a guy like Robin wouldn't have been hired in the first place. He wouldn't be given a contract extension after a 99 loss season.

I know where you're coming from, but Robin Ventura is bullet proof.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 3, 2015 -> 01:49 PM)
I like Avi batting behind Alexei because Alexei being in motion much more frequently than Abreu/LaRoche should open up some more holes on the infield for Avi.

I think Ramirez should hit 6th, or even 7th if Gillaspie is hitting righties like he was until July last year. Garcia might be the second best hitter on the team. If he's not there yet, I think he'll get there, passing Melky because of his power. He's poised to have a monster year with 4 high-OBP guys ahead of him.

Ramirez can still get his RBIs a little lower in the lineup.

QUOTE (flavum @ Apr 3, 2015 -> 07:05 PM)
15-20 years ago, a guy like Robin wouldn't have been hired in the first place. He wouldn't be given a contract extension after a 99 loss season.

I know where you're coming from, but Robin Ventura is bullet proof.

wasn't Robin still playing ball? ;)

Edited by LDF

QUOTE (flavum @ Apr 3, 2015 -> 12:21 PM)
Yes.

Barring rain-

KC- Samardzija, Quintana, Danks

Min- Noesi, Samardzija, Sale

Cle- Quintana, Danks

Det- Sale, Samardzija, Quintana

Fixed it to what I think they should/maybe will do

Edited by soxfan2014

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Apr 3, 2015 -> 02:39 PM)
Fixed it to what I think they should/maybe will do

I'm going to that Friday game in Detroit.

Finally seeing Sale would be so dank.

Edited by woods of ypres

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Apr 3, 2015 -> 12:52 PM)
mlb.tv has added a Roku option for 2015, so I have made my purchase and will be watching the game!

Awesome! I will be using Apple TV as I also made my purchase. I am trying something new this year. Since I decided to eliminate cable and think it is ridiculous to be blacked out from something you pay for, I found a way to bypass the blackout system and enjoy White Sox baseball all year long using MLB.TV from Apple TV. There is a website called unlocator that allows you to bypass blackouts. If you live in the Chicagoland area and are done with the super expensive cable bills, unlocator is exactly what you need! FINALLY, NO MORE BLACKOUTS!

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 3, 2015 -> 11:26 PM)
On paper, we don't want to play this opener. Shark vs. Superstar Kid.

What paper are you talking about. Ventura is 1-1 with a 4.76 ERA versus the sox. Try facts they work better than your paper.