2015 Opening Day Thread

Jose Abreu

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Apr 3, 2015 -> 11:36 PM)
What paper are you talking about. Ventura is 1-1 with a 4.76 ERA versus the sox. Try facts they work better than your paper.

Samardzija is 0-2 with a 5.40 ERA vs. KC. So if that's what you're going by, he might be right.

• Replies 831
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Leonard Zelig @ Apr 4, 2015 -> 06:50 AM)
Samardzija is 0-2 with a 5.40 ERA vs. KC. So if that's what you're going by, he might be right.

However if you are going by his 15 straight scoreless innings on opening day, he may be wrong. However if you are going by his awful ST performance, he may be right. However if you are going by a coin toss for him over Q, you probably found the answer.

QUOTE (MAX @ Apr 4, 2015 -> 11:39 AM)
Not that I minded your post but I forsee myself getting fed up with people talking about 10 years ago as the season goes on.

Fair enough. I'd probably enjoy the whole 10 year anniversary thing a lot more if they actually didn't suck so much over the last 10 years.

I'll let it go.

QUOTE (flavum @ Apr 4, 2015 -> 11:48 AM)
Fair enough. I'd probably enjoy the whole 10 year anniversary thing a lot more if they actually didn't suck so much over the last 10 years.

I'll let it go.

You are fine now. I'm just saying ill be sick of it by june.

If the Sox win 2 of 3 against KC, I'll start believing.

If the Sox win 1 of 3 against KC, I will try not to get mad. Somebody remind me I said this if we go 1-2.

If the Sox get swept, it will be very annoying and the only reason I might not freak out is because the Royals did reach the World Series.

Right now would I take 1-2 if it was offered to me as a certainty? Probably not. I'd want to play it out and see if the Sox can scratch out 2 of 3.

That said ... will any of you absolutely freak out if Sox go 0-3?

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 4, 2015 -> 02:53 PM)

If the Sox win 1 of 3 against KC, I will try not to get mad. Somebody remind me I said this if we go 1-2.

If the Sox get swept, it will be very annoying and the only reason I might not freak out is because the Royals did reach the World Series.

Right now would I take 1-2 if it was offered to me as a certainty? Probably not. I'd want to play it out and see if the Sox can scratch out 2 of 3.

If it's realistic to want the Sox to go 10-9 in the season series against the Royals, Tigers, and Indians, starting out 0-3 would not be good.

Freaked out? No. But nobody wants to start with a deficit that needs to be made up.

0-3 I'd be a little worried but that's because this team needs a fast start with so many divisional games early. However, I wouldn't change my judgment on the team over one series (unless we get outscored/outscore them by like 30 runs), especially over a small difference like 2-1 and 1-2.

QUOTE (flavum @ Apr 4, 2015 -> 09:53 AM)
10 years ago today...

The Sox and Mark Buehrle beat the Indians 1-0 in a tidy 1 hour 51 minutes.

The beginning of a championship season.

(and then the Illini lost to NC)

I spent about 12 straight hours at Murphys Pub that day. One championship dream died, but little did I know another one was born.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 4, 2015 -> 03:53 PM)

If the Sox go 0-3 I think Ventura will be fired. If the Sox go 3-0 his contract will be extended until 2020............................

Making judgements for an entire season based on the first three games of the season is only slightly more of an overreaction than putting too much faith into the spring training.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 4, 2015 -> 01:53 PM)

Not necessary. Somebody here will do all the freaking out needed for all of us put together. :D

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Apr 3, 2015 -> 12:00 PM)
Last year's Opening Day Thread was made a week in advance, so I figured three days wouldn't be too bad.

Kansas City on Monday- high of 73, but a 50% chance of rain.

:gosox1: :gosox1: :gosox1: :gosox1: :gosox1: :gosox1:

But a 100% chance of an ASS WHIPPING! bOOM!