2015 Opening Day Thread

Jose Abreu

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 6, 2015 -> 07:49 PM)
Id say theyre about even....lose Shields, Butler and Aoki....replace with Volquez, Morales and Rios.

The paramount thing is, the confidence of their young core guys like Gordon, Cain, Perez, Moustakas, Escobar and Hosmer is at an all-time high. Same with Ventura.

Shields and Butler werent as good as usual last year, either.

Volquez is no Shields and it remains to be seen if Rios and Morales have anything left. They will also have to deal with regression in the bullpen and probably won't be going 66-1 when leading after 6 or whatever it was.

I'll be shocked beyond shocked if they win more games than last year.

• Replies 831
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (shysocks @ Apr 6, 2015 -> 07:56 PM)
Volquez is no Shields and it remains to be seen if Rios and Morales have anything left. They will also have to deal with regression in the bullpen and probably won't be going 66-1 when leading after 6 or whatever it was.

I'll be shocked beyond shocked if they win more games than last year.

Well, of course they're PROBABLY not going to go 13-6 against the White Sox, and the Indians are even more formidable than before.

QUOTE (Joshua Strong @ Apr 6, 2015 -> 08:52 PM)
Loys of people overreacting, what a delightful surprise.

I think it's a function of the end of spring training malaise, this loss...the seeming pattern of defensive miscues not having been addressed other than Viciedo off the roster, the continued existence of Tyler Flowers...the uncertainty about the bullpen (and that includes Zach Duke as well) and just the general "been here, done that" April feeling.

They have to be at .500 or above coming out of this month or fans are going to start becoming skeptical again.

OTOH, the Royals were treading water for MOST of 2014 until they caught fire the final two months or so. The same thing could happen if we switch out Rodon for Danks/Noesi, and have a good chance at putting together some extended winning streaks.

And, that said, it's putting a LOT of pressure on a rookie to come in as a savior archetype. Seems he welcomes, even craves, the challenge and spotlight though.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Joshua Strong @ Apr 6, 2015 -> 07:52 PM)
Loys of people overreacting, what a delightful surprise.

Samardjazaeiaza will have a 7.50ERA over all 32 starts, LaRoche, Garcia, Rameriz, and Flowers will all hit .000 on the YEAR, and the offense will never score more than one run in a game.

Over reaction you say? Pth... People aren't b****ing enough if you ask me. This is downright horrible.