White Sox @ Royals 7:10 CT

GGajewski18

QUOTE (shysocks @ Apr 8, 2015 -> 10:44 AM)
To that end...

Scot Gregor ‏@scotgregor 3m3 minutes ago

Weather forecast not promising in KC tonight for White Sox-Royals. Looks like heavy rain arriving at 5 pm and sticking around

Damn April. Ruining my baseball buzz like usual.

• Replies 800
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (flavum @ Apr 8, 2015 -> 10:55 AM)
The forecast for game time has got worse. Hopefully they do get rained out tonight, and make it up in August.

I assume they'll insert a 6-man rotation once in a while--especially in August. If they can get 95 starts from Sale, Shark, and Q, I'd take it. And have Sale in line for 163, the wildcard game, or Game 1 of the ALDS...which would be his 32nd start.

Samardzija 32

Quintana 32

Sale 31

Noesi 31

Danks 10

Rodon 22

Other 4

This would be nice.

Cart ahead of horse here. Let's take it one start at a time. Sale has gone on the DL in the past. Talking about his 32nd start for game 163?? a) we have to get to that point first b) who cares if its his 25th, 32nd, or 40th start.

I think people need to step back sometimes and go with the classic Hawk line -- you are going to win 60 and lose 60 every year. It's what you do with the other 42 that counts. It's a long season. Breaking down that Danks will get 10 starts??? And Rodon exactly 22??? come on man.

QUOTE (BrianAnderson @ Apr 8, 2015 -> 12:27 PM)
Cart ahead of horse here. Let's take it one start at a time. Sale has gone on the DL in the past. Talking about his 32nd start for game 163?? a) we have to get to that point first b) who cares if its his 25th, 32nd, or 40th start.

I think people need to step back sometimes and go with the classic Hawk line -- you are going to win 60 and lose 60 every year. It's what you do with the other 42 that counts. It's a long season. Breaking down that Danks will get 10 starts??? And Rodon exactly 22??? come on man.

Sorry math offends you. I'd like to see a healthy rotation after Sale gets back. And if Rodon is ready on June 1st, I'd like to see that too.

QUOTE (flavum @ Apr 8, 2015 -> 12:50 PM)
Sorry math offends you. I'd like to see a healthy rotation after Sale gets back. And if Rodon is ready on June 1st, I'd like to see that too.

Math doesn't offend me. Breaking down starts and saying Danks will get 10 starts is just absurd though. And that Noesi gets 30 and that Rodon will get 22... I mean... if that happens like you say then you can pick my lottery numbers.

There will be starts by others.

Look at 2014. Carroll, Rienzo, Bassitt, Erik Johnson, Felipe Paulino, Charlie Leesman all started games last year ......all totaled up to 45 games.

So take a deep breath and realize the year wont go as you plan. And one rain out here, and one rain out there doesnt mean anything to us getting to a wild card or slotting into a playoff rotation..

QUOTE (flavum @ Apr 8, 2015 -> 04:55 PM)
The forecast for game time has got worse. Hopefully they do get rained out tonight, and make it up in August.

I assume they'll insert a 6-man rotation once in a while--especially in August. If they can get 95 starts from Sale, Shark, and Q, I'd take it. And have Sale in line for 163, the wildcard game, or Game 1 of the ALDS...which would be his 32nd start.

Samardzija 32

Quintana 32

Sale 31

Noesi 31

Danks 10

Rodon 22

Other 4

This would be nice.

This is optimistic. On average, teams will use 10 starters per season (Sox used exactly 10 last year) and will need, on average, 32 starts from starters outside their top 5 (Sox had 26 last year).

QUOTE (Ozzie Ball @ Apr 8, 2015 -> 01:24 PM)
This is optimistic. On average, teams will use 10 starters per season (Sox used exactly 10 last year) and will need, on average, 32 starts from starters outside their top 5 (Sox had 26 last year).

Yes, an optimistic and realistic scenario if Sale, Samardzija, Quintana, Danks, Rodon, and Noesi stay healthy...which for the most part, they have been.

QUOTE (flavum @ Apr 8, 2015 -> 01:42 PM)
Yes, an optimistic and realistic scenario if Sale, Samardzija, Quintana, Danks, Rodon, and Noesi stay healthy...which for the most part, they have been.

Really? Come on. I get sticking by your point if you had one. But fact check yourself..

Noesi never has pitched over 160 innings in his career. That was last year. The next highest are 106 innings and 55 innings.

Danks has pitched 193, 138, 53, 170 innings over his past 4 years.

Shark - has started over 30 games twice

Rodon - hasn't sniffed the majors yet and will most likely be on a innings limitation

Quintana - has pitched consistently in his 3 years up. But far from calling him Mark Buehrle

Sale - has started 30 games once in his 3 years

I'm done responding on this topic. It's too much to get worked up about. You're right. It's going to be sunshine and rainbows all year.

QUOTE (BrianAnderson @ Apr 8, 2015 -> 02:02 PM)
Really? Come on. I get sticking by your point if you had one. But fact check yourself..

Noesi never has pitched over 160 innings in his career. That was last year. The next highest are 106 innings and 55 innings.

Rodon - hasn't sniffed the majors yet and will most likely be on a innings limitation

Quintana - has pitched consistently in his 3 years up. But far from calling him Mark Buehrle

I'm done responding on this topic. It's too much to get worked up about. You're right. It's going to be sunshine and rainbows all year.

Bye

QUOTE (BrianAnderson @ Apr 8, 2015 -> 03:02 PM)

You are right, it is too much to get worked up about... I mean, flavum is giving a optimistic but realistic scenario. Look at the '05 team, four of the rotation members made 32 or 33 starts, Orlando made 22 and McCarthy made 10. If the rotation stays healthy the rest of the way, and they bring Rodon up like they did McCarthy to help take the workload, flavum is spot on.

Again, its optimistic, but also could happen if most everything works our way.

Edited by KG#1

Flavum also responded on another topic 5 minutes later changing his "realistic" guesses. All of a sudden there were less starts for Rodon, and a few more for others in the minors. So not sure how he can so vehemently defend his post, and then change it 5 minutes later.

Nobody has a crystal ball. But historic numbers, generally win out. We had 45 starts last year by guys that weren't people you'd necessarily expect. It'll happen this year too.

QUOTE (Jose Paniagua @ Apr 8, 2015 -> 02:21 PM)
some stuff will happen and when the stuff has happened we will say the Sox are good or the Sox are bad

Wimpy, i love it when you analyze

QUOTE (BrianAnderson @ Apr 8, 2015 -> 02:17 PM)
Flavum also responded on another topic 5 minutes later changing his "realistic" guesses. All of a sudden there were less starts for Rodon, and a few more for others in the minors. So not sure how he can so vehemently defend his post, and then change it 5 minutes later.

Nobody has a crystal ball. But historic numbers, generally win out. We had 45 starts last year by guys that weren't people you'd necessarily expect. It'll happen this year too.

Historically, the Sox have fewer of these unexpected starts than most teams. So I would expect that number to go down. Last year was really high for them in this category. Although your premise of there will be starts from other pitchers is valid.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Apr 8, 2015 -> 02:23 PM)
It's good to know flavum's calling card. Now flavum should assign you a calling card and the both of you should make a signature to allow everyone else to differentiate the two of you. :P

I can't wait until a baRRit joins the site.

QUOTE (WhiteSoxLifer @ Apr 8, 2015 -> 02:55 PM)
#WhiteSox lineup for 4/8: Eaton 8, Cabrera 7, Abreu 3, A. Garcia 9, Ramirez 6, LaRoche DH, Beckham 5, Flowers 2, Sanchez 4. Quintana 1.

https://twitter.com/CSNHayes/status/585893493891080193

I told myself not to get upset the first time Beckham started BUT IT DIDN'T WORK AT ALL I'M STILL UPSET.

QUOTE (WhiteSoxLifer @ Apr 8, 2015 -> 07:55 PM)
#WhiteSox lineup for 4/8: Eaton 8, Cabrera 7, Abreu 3, A. Garcia 9, Ramirez 6, LaRoche DH, Beckham 5, Flowers 2, Sanchez 4. Quintana 1.

https://twitter.com/CSNHayes/status/585893493891080193

This doesn't seem like an especially strong lineup. I'm confused as to what Bonifacio's role on the team is going to be. With Duffy being incredible against lefties, it seems like LaRoche is going to have a hard time being productive.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 8, 2015 -> 02:58 PM)
This doesn't seem like an especially strong lineup. I'm confused as to what Bonifacio's role on the team is going to be.

Playing as little as possible hopefully, though if that means more beckham maybe not

Edited by daa84