White Sox @ Royals 7:10 CT

GGajewski18

Beckham being better against LHP is just a tall tale. I don't get how that got picked up by the media and spun.....

Since 2010 he has hit the following:

2010 .261 RHP, .224 LHP

2011 .242 RHP, .195 LHP

2012 .236 RHP, .227 LHP

2013 .287 RHP, .195 LHP

2014 .203 RHP, .293 LHP

I'm sorry. No room for him on this team unless he's playing defense as a late inning filler.

Can't wait to see him go 0-3 with 3 really well hit balls according to Hawk.

• Replies 800
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You got Price, Milone, Vargas, Duffy, and House in the division. That's 25% of the division starters. If Beckham starts 40 and Gillaspie starts 120, is that bad? I mean, other than Beckham getting 40 starts?

BTW- the average last five seasons, the Sox face lefty starters 43 games per season.

Edited by flavum

QUOTE (Stan Bahnsen @ Apr 8, 2015 -> 04:28 PM)
I can understand wanting to look at Sanchez, since there's a decent chance a decision will be made in a week or so, but I sure hope Micah isn't relegated to RHP with so little data at this point. Won't sweat it. Yet.

Otherwise, agree with wondering what Boni's role is at $4M. Org love of Beckham still needs an enema.

I have no problem this early in his career if he's relegated to facing RHP. Protecting him a little bit isn't a bad thing after basically leapfrogging AAA.

QUOTE (shipps @ Apr 8, 2015 -> 02:09 PM)
I have to say. I am really pissed at this lineup tonight. Is there no factoring in of timing and consistency to allow young guys like Johnson and Gillaspie to stay in rhythm? Conor was one of the only dangerous looking hitters in the first game.

Meh, platooners need to get used to being platooners.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 8, 2015 -> 02:09 PM)
Would have rather kept Viciedo and let him play vs LHP

Wait, what?

QUOTE (raBBit @ Apr 8, 2015 -> 09:59 PM)
Therein lies the problem. So they sign Bonifacio for 3.5-4 million to give his principal role to a player who is less effective at that role. I am not overreacting to this one lineup card as I have been grousing about this sign Beckham has been signed.

Basically, the Sox sign Beckham to a role that could have been better served by players already in the organization to take the platoon spot of a player who the team values twice as much.

Problem is with how awful Bonifacio looked defensively during ST, I'm sure it just played into their decision even more to give Beckham more time on the infield instead of him.

There is still value in that Bonafacio can still play the infield when called upon. He may not be a gold glover but he is capable. But damn the more time that goes on I dont see the logic in having Beckham come back either. Its like bringing back Chris Getz, whats the point when you can find someone from within like rabbit said.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Apr 8, 2015 -> 10:23 PM)
And before someone comes in here and says, "Oh if Beckham had his 3000 plate appearances with the *fill in random team* you would be excited." No I wouldn't. I would be saying the same thing. There is a significant sample size that says Gordon Beckham sucks against LHP and RHP equally. He has no power. He doesn't hit for average. He does not run well. If only we had a player who could do a couple of those things to be the RH half of the platoon...

Oh but Beckham is great at defense? He is a guy who who has played 79 innings at 3B since Tiger Woods' wife put a 6 iron through his windshield and people talk about him like he's Brooks Robinson over there solely because Hahn has said he is a decent defender at 3B the days after he gave him a personal vote of confidence. Where else could he have embellished Beckham?

Didn't Beckham grade out as the worst 3B in the majors last year? Thought I read that on here.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Apr 8, 2015 -> 04:28 PM)
Gordon Beckham signs with White Sox - January 28th, 2015

OmarComing25 signs with Soxtalk.com - March 26, 2015

I see your point but I've been on the WSI boards since 2004, and in my time here so far I've seen nothing to suggest that the posters here hold drastically different opinions than over there. Beckham's been a whipping boy for years.

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Apr 8, 2015 -> 09:30 PM)
I think we are all just pissed Beckham is already playing lol

I am not pissed. I like Beckham. Any player on the 25 man roster will play in games this year and probably lots of games. I defer to Robin Ventura and his right and decison as far as who plays

Edited by elrockinMT

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Apr 8, 2015 -> 05:06 PM)
Probably Sanchez

That sucks for him. He deserves to be on the MLB team IMO. However, is just me, or does it make no sense to have Bonifacio, Beckham, Sanchez, and Johnson all on the same team? There can only be one Second Baseman on the field at a time, and I feel like getting rid of one or even two of them would open up a roster spot for someone that is more needed at a different position.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Apr 8, 2015 -> 07:00 PM)
Jose Quintana already with no luck? I went to a game last year where he started before a rain delay. The same may happen tonight.

I just pitched with him on The Show in my franchise Gordon Beckham had 3 errors in the first 4 innings. Q is even unlucky in video games :unsure:

In other news pumped for tonight. Let's hope for a better showing than opening day!