White Sox @ Royals 7:10 CT

GGajewski18

• Replies 800
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lets just get the unofficial official gamethread superstitious rules out of the way now:

If you start a game thread and the Sox win, you get to continue to make the game threads until the Sox lose.

If the Sox lose, let someone else make it.

If you forget to make one the next day, and it isnt done within an hour or two of gametime, squatters rights are lost. If the Sox lose this game that you forgot to make a gamethread, you are banned forever and the rest of the Sox season will be blamed on you.

the end

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Apr 8, 2015 -> 08:00 AM)
Lets just get the unofficial official gamethread superstitious rules out of the way now:

If you start a game thread and the Sox win, you get to continue to make the game threads until the Sox lose.

If the Sox lose, let someone else make it.

If you forget to make one the next day, and it isnt done within an hour or two of gametime, squatters rights are lost. If the Sox lose this game that you forgot to make a gamethread, you are banned forever and the rest of the Sox season will be blamed on you.

the end

How does this blame manifest?

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 8, 2015 -> 08:26 AM)
Hopefully Q is on tonight, but never fear, Johnny Danks is nails against KC. I wonder if Royals fans call him Cy Danks.

Wow, he actually is. 3 quality starts last year and 5 runs in 20 innings. Also 15 K's to 10 walks. Shrug.

Year before, 8 shutout innings. Everything pre-injury you can probably throw out.

Jose has gotten a lot of publicity about how underrated he is. With Danks pitching Thursday, would certainly be nice for Jose to step up and prove his supporters right.

would also like to see Soto in the lineup (career vs LHP .285/.376/.482, Flowers .211/.258/.387 vs LHP). In fact, theres really never a time I want to see Flowers in the lineup(.221/.298/.381 vs RHP flowers, as opposed to .233/.317/.418 vs RHP for Soto)

Additionally, LaRoche needs to be playing 1b and Abreu DHing

probably won't hand the job to Johnson, then sit him down game 2 after an off day, but in limited major league ABs last year, Sanchez vs LHP .364/.382/.485

QUOTE (daa84 @ Apr 8, 2015 -> 08:41 AM)
Jose has gotten a lot of publicity about how underrated he is. With Danks pitching Thursday, would certainly be nice for Jose to step up and prove his supporters right.

would also like to see Soto in the lineup (career vs LHP .285/.376/.482, Flowers .211/.258/.387 vs LHP). In fact, theres really never a time I want to see Flowers in the lineup(.221/.298/.381 vs RHP flowers, as opposed to .233/.317/.418 vs RHP for Soto)

Additionally, LaRoche needs to be playing 1b and Abreu DHing

probably won't hand the job to Johnson, then sit him down game 2 after an off day, but in limited major league ABs last year, Sanchez vs LHP .364/.382/.485

Don't be worried about Danks. He is to the Royals what Bruce Chen was to the White Sox. It is probably the reason Robin has him pitching instead of Noesi.

QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Apr 8, 2015 -> 09:35 AM)
As long as it doesn't injure him, I actually think Hawk will justify it.

I agree, as long as its in the center of the back, and not the ribs, knees or head, I'll be fine with it too.

We can definitely tell if it will be intentional because Duffy is a lefty.

QUOTE (bmags @ Apr 8, 2015 -> 09:57 AM)
I doubt we play this game tonight anyway.

To that end...

Scot Gregor ‏@scotgregor 3m3 minutes ago

Weather forecast not promising in KC tonight for White Sox-Royals. Looks like heavy rain arriving at 5 pm and sticking around

QUOTE (shysocks @ Apr 8, 2015 -> 09:44 AM)
To that end...

Scot Gregor ‏@scotgregor 3m3 minutes ago

Weather forecast not promising in KC tonight for White Sox-Royals. Looks like heavy rain arriving at 5 pm and sticking around

Though I want to watch baseball tonight, one rainout is good - I think it means no missed starts for Sale, and he can potentially get to 32 or 33.

QUOTE (Stan Bahnsen @ Apr 8, 2015 -> 10:49 AM)
Though I want to watch baseball tonight, one rainout is good - I think it means no missed starts for Sale, and he can potentially get to 32 or 33.

The forecast for game time has got worse. Hopefully they do get rained out tonight, and make it up in August.

I assume they'll insert a 6-man rotation once in a while--especially in August. If they can get 95 starts from Sale, Shark, and Q, I'd take it. And have Sale in line for 163, the wildcard game, or Game 1 of the ALDS...which would be his 32nd start.

Samardzija 32

Quintana 32

Sale 31

Noesi 31

Danks 10

Rodon 22

Other 4

This would be nice.

Edited by flavum