White Sox @ Royals 7:10 CT

GGajewski18

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 8, 2015 -> 02:58 PM)
This doesn't seem like an especially strong lineup. I'm confused as to what Bonifacio's role on the team is going to be.

On the plus side LaRoche did drop in the order, which I consider a good idea.

• Replies 800
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A Sunday lineup already? Yuck.

I'll do a rain dance.

Also do we know if there will be any certain pitcher that is always lined up with Soto?

I'd like to see him in there against a team like the Royals. They like to steal and Soto has a better arm behind the plate. Neither are going to bring a whole lot to the plate, so against an aggressive team I'd like to see Soto in there. Think theres better chance of him saving runs with his arm than Flowers producing runs with his bat.

QUOTE (BrianAnderson @ Apr 8, 2015 -> 03:05 PM)
A Sunday lineup already? Yuck.

I'll do a rain dance.

Also do we know if there will be any certain pitcher that is always lined up with Soto?

I'd like to see him in there against a team like the Royals. They like to steal and Soto has a better arm behind the plate. Neither are going to bring a whole lot to the plate, so against an aggressive team I'd like to see Soto in there. Think theres better chance of him saving runs with his arm than Flowers producing runs with his bat.

It isn't a sunday lineup. It is a LHP line up.

I have to say. I am really pissed at this lineup tonight. Is there no factoring in of timing and consistency to allow young guys like Johnson and Gillaspie to stay in rhythm? Conor was one of the only dangerous looking hitters in the first game.

QUOTE (shipps @ Apr 8, 2015 -> 09:09 PM)
I have to say. I am really pissed at this lineup tonight. Is there no factoring in of timing and consistency to allow young guys like Johnson and Gillaspie to stay in rhythm? Conor was one of the only dangerous looking hitters in the first game.

Conor can't hit LHP and Duffy dominated lefties last year. I'm fine with Beckham or Bonifacio playing over him today.

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Apr 8, 2015 -> 03:06 PM)
I didn't expect the LHP line up in game 2 but alright. upset that Beckham is in there though lol

Well they are facing a LHP, so it only makes sense right?

I wonder if they're using Sanchez and Beckham over Boni as a continued competition between the 2.

It's been a thing in the past where you give everyone a start the first series just to get their feet wet at the beginning of the season. I'm sure Soto and Bonifacio will start tomorrow, and then they'll play the regulars at home, until Milone starts--then probably more Bexx.

QUOTE (flavum @ Apr 8, 2015 -> 08:21 PM)
It's been a thing in the past where you give everyone a start the first series just to get their feet wet at the beginning of the season. I'm sure Soto and Bonifacio will start tomorrow, and then they'll play the regulars at home, until Milone starts--then probably more Bexx.

I'm sure balta is having awful flashbacks of seeing Mackowiak in CF in the 2nd game of 2006.

QUOTE (scs787 @ Apr 8, 2015 -> 03:20 PM)

I wonder if they're using Sanchez and Beckham over Boni as a continued competition between the 2.

Yeah I know but sometimes the first couple games you just go with your regular lineup. I just dislike Beckham playing again and Johnson already not in the lineup. Don't forget Flowers.

Oh well, just win the damn game

QUOTE (scs787 @ Apr 8, 2015 -> 03:20 PM)

I would imagine Bonifacio isn't playing because he has not swung the bat well and his fielding was pretty bad all spring. When Sanchez goes back down, he'll be in there, although I expect him to play the OF a lot.

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Apr 8, 2015 -> 03:23 PM)
Yeah I know but sometimes the first couple games you just go with your regular lineup. I just dislike Beckham playing again and Johnson already not in the lineup. Don't forget Flowers.

Oh well, just win the damn game

This is why I am mad. When did it become a common practice to play these match up games right off the bat? So if there was a left hander on the mound the first game then Beckham and Sanchez start that game?

I can understand wanting to look at Sanchez, since there's a decent chance a decision will be made in a week or so, but I sure hope Micah isn't relegated to RHP with so little data at this point. Won't sweat it. Yet.

Otherwise, agree with wondering what Boni's role is at $4M. Org love of Beckham still needs an enema.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Apr 8, 2015 -> 03:28 PM)
I didn't know there was a law that stated that the opening day lineup had to remain in tact for a certain number of games before a different lineup could be used.

I think we are all just pissed Beckham is already playing lol