White Sox @ Royals 1:10 CT

BigHurt3515

• Replies 572
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

This game is an automatic win. Volquez is a real b**** and we roughed him up back in his major league debut in 2005. I say we repeat history and we score 5 runs in 4 2/3 innings.

Meanwhile, Danks has NEVER lost to the Royals in career, going 7-0 with a 2.43 ERA. Not sure the reason (probably some pre-game Jack Stack's), but he's better when pitching at Kauffman stadium. I'll say he goes 6 strong innings giving just one run.

Offensively, Abreu hits another bomb, Alexei gets his first two hits, and Micah Johnson steals a couple of bases.

Edited by Chicago White Sox

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Apr 9, 2015 -> 05:36 AM)
This game is an automatic win. Volquez is a real b**** and we roughed him up back in his major league debut in 2005. I say we repeat history and we score 5 runs in 4 2/3 innings.

Meanwhile, Danks has NEVER lost to the Royals in career, going 7-0 with a 2.43 ERA. Not sure the reason (probably some pre-game Jack Stack's), but he's better when pitching at Kauffman stadium. I'll say he goes 6 strong innings giving just one run.

Offensively, Abreu hits another bomb, Alexei gets his first two hits, and Micah Johnson steals a couple of bases.

You just jinxed it, I'm afraid.

By mentioning Fiorella's Jack Stack BBQ. My ex used to waitress there, the Freighthouse one by Union Station.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Apr 9, 2015 -> 06:25 AM)
That's pretty awesome Caulfield. I take it you ate there frequently.

Yeah.

Some like Arthur Bryant's, KC Masterpiece (while it was on the Plaza, a bit sweet/tangy, recipe inventor Dr. Rich Davis was on the BOD of the non-profit I worked for) or Gates. Gates is a bit like "Varsity" in Atlanta, where the waitresses are kind of sassy and yell at you if you take too much time...

Oklahoma Joe's has gotten a ton of attention over the last 10-15 years, and I'm a fan (they give you an absolute TON of french fries), but I still prefer BBQ in Texas and Georgia over KC.

Jack Stack's good stuff, though. The ex always brought leftovers home...the best story I have is when she got hit on by Bush's Chief of Staff Andrew Card even though she was wearing a wedding ring. She accumulated a pile of business cards about 5 inches thick after two years working there. In general, more of a business/upscale crowd than some of those other places.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Apr 9, 2015 -> 08:27 AM)
I never realized how good Danks has been against the Royals. Hope he keeps it up today.

And as good as Danks has been against them, Q has been bad. Last night's performance should not have been too surprising.

No need to panic. Yet.

The game thread last night was seriously ****ing comical. You cannot draw conclusions about any team, ever, based on two games. World championship teams have two game losing streaks and bottom feeders have two game losing streaks. Don't overreact just because they were the first two games.

For all the pearl clutching about Robin (and hey, I wished he'd pinch hit Gillaspie for Beckham in the 9th; not an extremely vital move but an extremely obvious one), it comes down to this: If Shark and Q combine for an 8.18 ERA all year then we're screwed no matter what else happens.

And that's the bottom line, cuz shysocks said so.

Gamethreads have always been that way and will always be that way. They are that way when things are going good as well. Then you see a whole lot of over confident posts in them too.

QUOTE (shipps @ Apr 9, 2015 -> 09:21 AM)
Gamethreads have always been that way and will always be that way. They are that way when things are going good as well. Then you see a whole lot of over confident posts in them too.

Yeah I know, it just seems especially ridiculous to proclaim so many things over two games. It's just really, really not enough information.

QUOTE (shysocks @ Apr 9, 2015 -> 09:25 AM)
Yeah I know, it just seems especially ridiculous to proclaim so many things over two games. It's just really, really not enough information.

Someone posted after 4 innings into the first game of how pathetic the team is. Its just a place to vent more than anything as an admin told me a couple days ago. Which is true. Some of the smart baseball minds even vent in some s***astic ways in the game threads.

QUOTE (shipps @ Apr 9, 2015 -> 09:29 AM)
Someone posted after 4 innings into the first game of how pathetic the team is. Its just a place to vent more than anything as an admin told me a couple days ago. Which is true. Some of the smart baseball minds even vent in some s***astic ways in the game threads.

Cool, you've talked me down a little. Whining about people overreacting in game threads is probably more annoying than people overreacting in game threads by now anyway.

Just like the guy who says "nobody cares about your fantasy team" has jumped the shark and is now worse than the guy telling you about his fantasy team.