White Sox @ Royals 1:10 CT

BigHurt3515

• Replies 572
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The 1983 White Sox started 0-3 and won the division by a then record 20 games.

The pitching has to pick ot up obviously, but 2 out of 3 games they would have had to have thrown a shutout to win, and last night it was the Flowers/Beckham show or another 1 run scored. Hitters have to start hitting, and you have to figure they will.

Edited by Dick Allen

I pointed it out the other day...the Angels won 96 last year--started the season 0-3 vs Seattle and got outscored 26-8.

0-3 sucks. It's not good, but the bigger picture is the 25 of 28 division games to start the season. 14-14 would be meh, but acceptable. Get after it on Friday.

Edited by flavum

I personally dont even need to know there were prior teams that won after going 0-3. Its easy math. If the Sox are bad its because they are bad over the next 158 not because the first three. If they won the first three everyone would be raising the banner already but it will still just be three games. Whatever...beat yourselves up about it if you want.

The point is you don't have to look that far to find teams who succeeded after slow starts. Yes it sucks being down 3 in the standings already and nobody's happy, but it's a long season. Always focus on that.

QUOTE (flavum @ Apr 9, 2015 -> 04:16 PM)
I pointed it out the other day...the Angels won 96 last year--started the season 0-3 vs Seattle and got outscored 26-8.

0-3 sucks. It's not good, but the bigger picture is the 25 of 28 division games to start the season. 14-14 would be meh, but acceptable. Get after it on Friday.

Baltimore started out 1-4 last year.

Like you pointed oit, obviously you don't want to be 0-3, but it hardly is a big deal.

Edited by Dick Allen

If we don't win the Twins series it will really raise some questions/concerns. The Tigers shut out the Twins in two of their games and they Royals took it to the Sox. Two of our main competitors have shown up to play. We need to step up. Yes it is a long season and this team has too much talent to not compete but you don't want to start falling to far behind your competition early and then have to dig out of a deep hole.

QUOTE (kitekrazy @ Apr 10, 2015 -> 04:50 AM)
Good teams make their moves in August.

Lot of pressure on the Sox to right the ship against Minnie considering Minnesota scored one run in 3 games vs. Detroit. I'd take two out of three. Hard to sweep anybody nowadays.