White Sox @ Royals 1:10 CT

BigHurt3515

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Apr 9, 2015 -> 12:00 PM)
why is my MLB.com app telling me that this game starts in 10 minutes

I have the at bat app too and it said the same, thought it was just me. good to know its just a glitch

• Replies 572
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Apr 9, 2015 -> 12:00 PM)
why is my MLB.com app telling me that this game starts in 10 minutes

QUOTE (Melissa1334 @ Apr 9, 2015 -> 12:26 PM)
I have the at bat app too and it said the same, thought it was just me. good to know its just a glitch

Same happened to me. I was sitting in a strict "no phones" class when I got it, too. Thankfully I didn't miss the start

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 9, 2015 -> 12:54 PM)
How can Sox fans be so pessimistic after 2 freaking games? Everyone loses a couple games in a row.

Opening Week excitement + high expectations + two rough losses = negativity

I guess it's really just a disappointing start to a season with such high expectations, so I can see why there's so much negativity and pessimism

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Apr 9, 2015 -> 12:57 PM)

I guess it's really just a disappointing start to a season with such high expectations, so I can see why there's so much negativity and pessimism

Yeah. Could take some time. Marlins got swept by the Braves. Padres are 1-2.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Apr 9, 2015 -> 12:57 PM)

It's 2 games. White Sox fans like to complain.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 9, 2015 -> 11:54 AM)
How can Sox fans be so pessimistic after 2 freaking games? Everyone loses a couple games in a row.

How many White Sox playoff teams in history started out 0-3?

It's the nature of this fanbase to be skeptical/pessimistic.

Doubting Thomases, fine...maybe we belong in the "Show Me" State instead. Royals' fans were almost identical, having had to wait nearly 30 years between playoff appearances. You saw the same thing with Indians and Pirates fans after those teams were torn down and had to be built back up again.

If anything, we're probably closest to the Mariners...with the obvious exception of having won a World Series, which actually has caused some of the fans to tune out, those waiting for the first, like the legions of Cubbies fans whose hope springs eternal with each spring.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 9, 2015 -> 01:04 PM)
How many White Sox playoff teams in history started out 0-3?

It's the nature of this fanbase to be skeptical/pessimistic.

Doubting Thomases, fine...maybe we belong in the "Show Me" State instead. Royals' fans were almost identical, having had to wait nearly 30 years between playoff appearances. You saw the same thing with Indians and Pirates fans after those teams were torn down and had to be built back up again.

If anything, we're probably closest to the Mariners...with the obvious exception of having won a World Series, which actually has caused some of the fans to tune out, those waiting for the first, like the legions of Cubbies fans whose hope springs eternal with each spring.

They touched Duffy up for 5 runs with the likes of Beckham and Flowers in the line up. That has to be worth something to you, doesn't it?

QUOTE (Condor13 @ Apr 9, 2015 -> 12:07 PM)
The Sox will be alright, I do think Rodon should be called up in a week and a half though and Noesi put in the bullpen

That's a panic move, one done more for the fanbase than his eventual development.

He's going to need at least 2-3 starts down in Charlotte that are rock solid...and Noesi's going to have to be REALLY shaky in at least 2 of his first three, but probably all 3. Maybe it will be a Danks implosion that calls forth Carlos, too early to know.

QUOTE (shipps @ Apr 9, 2015 -> 09:29 AM)
Someone posted after 4 innings into the first game of how pathetic the team is. Its just a place to vent more than anything as an admin told me a couple days ago. Which is true. Some of the smart baseball minds even vent in some s***astic ways in the game threads.

This. As someone who has voiced themselves in the last two game threads, the last two games were frustrating for me. I know the season is long, this team will be up and down, and ultimately, they will probably be a better this season than last. I still want to see the win though b/c I love the Sox and I hate boneheaded mental and physical errors.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 9, 2015 -> 12:06 PM)
They touched Duffy up for 5 runs with the likes of Beckham and Flowers in the line up. That has to be worth something to you, doesn't it?

Not when Samardzija, Quintana and the bullpen/fielding/base-running habits look so bad.