"Believe" - New documentary about '05 Sox

LittleHurt05

During that riveting Blackhawks game, they kept advertising a new documentary about the 2005 White Sox, set to premiere this Sunday at 7 PM. It's titled "Believe: The Story of the 2005 Chicago White Sox". Maybe someone knows more about it, I just found this link:

http://www.csnchicago.com/white-sox/csn-ai...orld-series-run

I was fortunate enough to be selected to watch a special screening of this on Saturday at 10:30am before the Saturday game in the Conference Center at the Cell, followed by free tickets to the game. I'm pretty excited.

As an out of state fan, I'm all over my want for this; like my desire for anything 2k5 related... especially the early playoff round games *ESPECIALLY THE AJ ALCS GAME!!!!!!!!!!!* ... got the World Series DVD from 05 and it was only clinching games besides the entire series. I got Mark's Perfect Game from here and am willing to compensate... please!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PM me.... My Grandfather lives in a Chi-Town burb' and I've tried slinging stuff but he's way too old...

Edited by ROC Sox Fan

QUOTE (ROC Sox Fan @ Apr 10, 2015 -> 12:00 AM)
As an out of state fan, I'm all over my want for this; like my desire for anything 2k5 related... especially the early playoff round games *ESPECIALLY THE AJ ALCS GAME!!!!!!!!!!!* ... got the World Series DVD from 05 and it was only clinching games besides the entire series. I got Mark's Perfect Game from here and am willing to compensate... please!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PM me.... My Grandfather lives in a Chi-Town burb' and I've tried slinging stuff but he's way too old...

You can get the dropped third strike game on iTunes.

QUOTE (lord chas @ Apr 10, 2015 -> 09:25 AM)
All this 2005 talk makes me want another title soon. I don't want this to turn into the Sox version of the 85 Bears

What kills me more is how mediocre we've been since then. If we had a few more division titles and a few more 90 win seasons then I would look back on '05 more fondly, as it stands it just depresses me more because the game 163 win has been the only thing worth cheering about since then.

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Apr 10, 2015 -> 10:45 AM)
What kills me more is how mediocre we've been since then. If we had a few more division titles and a few more 90 win seasons then I would look back on '05 more fondly, as it stands it just depresses me more because the game 163 win has been the only thing worth cheering about since then.

You are certainly entitled to your feelings and opinions, and I get what you are saying about it being "one and done," but if anything about that championship depresses you, you might want to readjust your perspective a bit.

QUOTE (PlaySumFnJurny @ Apr 10, 2015 -> 10:52 AM)
You are certainly entitled to your feelings and opinions, and I get what you are saying about it being "one and done," but if anything about that championship depresses you, you might want to readjust your perspective a bit.

"Depresses" might be too strong a word, I went to Game 2 of the World Series and it was definitely one of the best days of my life, I meant more that the further we get away from the championship the more I get annoyed at our recent bad play and how we can't seem to string a few good seasons together. That should have been the season where we turned the corner and became a consistent playoff threat. The Twins, Tigers, and Indians have all dominated this division for long stretches since '95, and I'm waiting for our turn. Watching all the mistakes the team made the past few days just makes me miss the '05 team more. I will always have fond memories of the championship, but in 110 seasons we've made the playoffs 9 total times, and never 2 seasons in a row.

Edited by OmarComing25

QUOTE (chw42 @ Apr 12, 2015 -> 03:17 PM)
I really want to watch this, but I don't get CSNC in Austin. :(

I got it on UVerse in Austin for about a year. Then one day, I looked at my Cable bill.

Nope.

Sidebar: I really hope this 05 team doesn't become the '85 Bears. Hopefully Rick and Company win another one soon.

Edited by AustinIllini

QUOTE (AustinIllini @ Apr 12, 2015 -> 04:18 PM)
I got it on UVerse in Austin for about a year. Then one day, I looked at my Cable bill.

Nope.

Sidebar: I really hope this 05 team doesn't become the '85 Bears. Hopefully Rick and Company win another one soon.

I didn't even know you can get out of market channels like that.

I already pay $150 a month for Gigabit internet + Cable.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Apr 12, 2015 -> 04:21 PM)
I didn't even know you can get out of market channels like that.

I already pay $150 a month for Gigabit internet + Cable.

Yeah, UVerse's U-450 package includes all the sports channels including CSNC, but obviously all the games are blacked out. For me, I just bought MLB.tv with the money I saved on moving down to the U-200 package. Also, I don't have to listen to Hawks nonsense, either.

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Apr 12, 2015 -> 09:13 PM)
I have a friend who's dad has worked for the Sox for years and one day he told me that when Buehrle came in for the save in game 3 in Houston, he had been drinking. I said no way. What Garland just said has confirmed that. Unreal.

I did a double take when he said that, and rewound to confirm. Wow.

That team was the best, so many good memories. I went to that third game against the Indians in mid September when the Indians cut the division lead to 1.5 games. Probably the most depressing game I have ever attended as a Sox fan. Was also at the second to last game of the year in cleveland after the sox beat them in the first two of the series and could knock them out of the playoffs with a sweep. I remember taking the train back to my girlfriends house after the game and the Indians fans talking mad s***. They were so pissed they might not make the playoffs. Stuff like you guys aren't going to make it out of the first round of the playoffs, you guys are overrated, etc. I didn't say much at the time didn't want to start something just responded with "we'll see." Last laugh was on them

That team was the best, so many good memories. I went to that third game against the Indians in mid September when the Indians cut the division lead to 1.5 games. Probably the most depressing game I have ever attended as a Sox fan. Was also at the second to last game of the year in cleveland after the sox beat them in the first two of the series and could knock them out of the playoffs with a sweep. I remember taking the train back to my girlfriends house after the game and the Indians fans talking mad s***. They were so pissed they might not make the playoffs. Stuff like you guys aren't going to make it out of the first round of the playoffs, you guys are overrated, etc. I didn't say much at the time didn't want to start something just responded with "we'll see." Last laugh was on them

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Apr 10, 2015 -> 04:13 PM)
"Depresses" might be too strong a word, I went to Game 2 of the World Series and it was definitely one of the best days of my life, I meant more that the further we get away from the championship the more I get annoyed at our recent bad play and how we can't seem to string a few good seasons together. That should have been the season where we turned the corner and became a consistent playoff threat. The Twins, Tigers, and Indians have all dominated this division for long stretches since '95, and I'm waiting for our turn. Watching all the mistakes the team made the past few days just makes me miss the '05 team more. I will always have fond memories of the championship, but in 110 seasons we've made the playoffs 9 total times, and never 2 seasons in a row.

Not downplaying 05 as it was the best.

After that, I really thought we'd dominate the division for a while. People were talking that way. Didn't happen. We've pretty much sucked balls since then. Similar to the 85 Bears. One hit wonders.

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Apr 13, 2015 -> 02:13 AM)
I have a friend who's dad has worked for the Sox for years and one day he told me that when Buehrle came in for the save in game 3 in Houston, he had been drinking. I said no way. What Garland just said has confirmed that. Unreal.

That's incredible. I worship Mark, but what was he thinking? Do they have kegs out in the bullpen? I know they got em in the clubhouse.

QUOTE (Jose Paniagua @ Apr 12, 2015 -> 10:17 PM)
Can someone explain to me Ozzie's Freddy Garcia story? I've watched it three times now..

From the ALCS? I think he said he went to take him out and Garcia cussed at him a few times and said no. He went on to finish and be the 3rd straight CG winning pitcher.