"Believe" - New documentary about '05 Sox

LittleHurt05

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 12, 2015 -> 10:23 PM)
Not downplaying 05 as it was the best.

After that, I really thought we'd dominate the division for a while. People were talking that way. Didn't happen. We've pretty much sucked balls since then. Similar to the 85 Bears. One hit wonders.

That's incredible. I worship Mark, but what was he thinking? Do they have kegs out in the bullpen? I know they got em in the clubhouse.

Buehrle was drinking during the game with Garland. I think this is fairly common; especially for a starting pitcher that won't be playing that day. Once it got way into extra innings, he went down to the bullpen and closed the game out. I thought everyone knew this story?

QUOTE (JUSTgottaBELIEVE @ Apr 12, 2015 -> 09:23 PM)
That team was the best, so many good memories. I went to that third game against the Indians in mid September when the Indians cut the division lead to 1.5 games. Probably the most depressing game I have ever attended as a Sox fan. Was also at the second to last game of the year in cleveland after the sox beat them in the first two of the series and could knock them out of the playoffs with a sweep. I remember taking the train back to my girlfriends house after the game and the Indians fans talking mad s***. They were so pissed they might not make the playoffs. Stuff like you guys aren't going to make it out of the first round of the playoffs, you guys are overrated, etc. I didn't say much at the time didn't want to start something just responded with "we'll see." Last laugh was on them

The Sox were 2.5 games ahead after that Cleveland series in chicago. Sox lead was cut to 1.5 games when they were playing the twins and Cleveland was playing kc. Sept 22-24 is when sox lead was only 1.5

I thought it was good, but I wanted to see more highlights. The ones from the El Duque came were the best for me--hadn't seen those outs in awhile. God, did Chris Berman sound disappointed! I remembered his "Oh No!" when the ball went through Tony G's legs in ALDS2, but I saw ALDS3 in a loud bar, and never heard him outdo that before last night.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Apr 13, 2015 -> 09:09 AM)
I thought Dustin Hermanson didn't get enough recognition in that documentary. They went from Shingo to Jenks, but didn't really mention the middle of the season.

I had this same thought. He was a huge key to the pen that year. 34 is a boatload of saves.

Edited by PlaySumFnJurny

QUOTE (PlaySumFnJurny @ Apr 13, 2015 -> 09:02 AM)
I thought it was good, but I wanted to see more highlights. The ones from the El Duque came were the best for me--hadn't seen those outs in awhile. God, did Chris Berman sound disappointed! I remembered his "Oh No!" when the ball went through Tony G's legs in ALDS2, but I saw ALDS3 in a loud bar, and never heard him outdo that before last night.

I also wish they'd interviewed Buehrle. I'm sure they tried (they got AJ, Dye, Garland, Rowand, Crede, etc.), so I wonder why it didn't work out.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Apr 13, 2015 -> 09:09 AM)
I thought Dustin Hermanson didn't get enough recognition in that documentary. They went from Shingo to Jenks, but didn't really mention the middle of the season.

His ERA was zero until June I think. Between him, Politite, and Cotts, it shows that sometimes it's better to be lucky than good.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 12, 2015 -> 10:23 PM)
That's incredible. I worship Mark, but what was he thinking? Do they have kegs out in the bullpen? I know they got em in the clubhouse.

He was in the clubhouse. No way they would be in the BP drinking right out in the open.

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Apr 12, 2015 -> 10:36 PM)
From the ALCS? I think he said he went to take him out and Garcia cussed at him a few times and said no. He went on to finish and be the 3rd straight CG winning pitcher.

Apparently Ozzie had no clue about the CG streak and didn't know why Freddy wanted to stay in the game so badly.

QUOTE (Iwritecode @ Apr 13, 2015 -> 03:57 PM)
Apparently Ozzie had no clue about the CG streak and didn't know why Freddy wanted to stay in the game so badly.

my opinion i am writing has nothing to do with what you wrote.

but competitors, don't they have this, let me finish this, he is mine kind of attitude?

QUOTE (Joshua Strong @ Apr 13, 2015 -> 12:52 PM)
The Sox fan in me loved it, the film student in me thought that it could've been a lot better. The editing was weak, I could go on.

QUOTE (flavum @ Apr 13, 2015 -> 12:53 PM)
Correct.

And I was right, the music sucked and was too loud.

Sounds about right. I'm looking forward to watching it but it seems I was right not to regard it as appointment television.

QUOTE (3GamesToLove @ Apr 13, 2015 -> 06:09 PM)
Sounds about right. I'm looking forward to watching it but it seems I was right not to regard it as appointment television.

There were some tidbits that I hadn't heard of before. I thought it was very good.

QUOTE (LDF @ Apr 13, 2015 -> 11:01 AM)
my opinion i am writing has nothing to do with what you wrote.

but competitors, don't they have this, let me finish this, he is mine kind of attitude?

They typically do but I think Freddy was fighting a little harder than he normally would have. They were already up by 6 runs, had a really good (and rested) bullpen and he was over 100 pitches. If it was a normal game in say June or July, he probably wouldn't have fought has hard to stay in.

QUOTE (Iwritecode @ Apr 13, 2015 -> 07:19 PM)
They typically do but I think Freddy was fighting a little harder than he normally would have. They were already up by 6 runs, had a really good (and rested) bullpen and he was over 100 pitches. If it was a normal game in say June or July, he probably wouldn't have fought has hard to stay in.

and again, you are 100% right. but that is were the coach has to be just as much as a hard arse to say, save it for the next time.

QUOTE (flavum @ Apr 13, 2015 -> 12:53 PM)
Correct.

And I was right, the music sucked and was too loud.

Yeah a lot of simple things you could fix in the editing suite, my biggest issue with the doc was where they placed the narration in the mix, it sounded extremely muddled.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 12, 2015 -> 11:35 PM)
Was that Jenks' necklace that went flying after the final out of the WS? Almost looks like it was in his hand as soon as he threw the last pitch

I rewound that so many times. Definitely is. Was weird that I noticed it last night for the first time ever. I'm confused how it got to his hand though after he pitched the ball from it.