GAME THREAD 4/10, MIN @ SOX

cabiness42

QUOTE (shysocks @ Apr 10, 2015 -> 11:11 AM)
Look if Bonifacio's not gonna play against lefties, we might as well get rid of him.

Probably has to do with Beckham's success against Milone and the fact that he had a good day at the plate on Wednesday.

• Replies 698
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Apr 10, 2015 -> 11:16 AM)
Hahn's pity signing has already started 2 of 4 games. Great.

It certainly appears they're going with a straight platoon at 3B until it clearly isn't working. Who knows...maybe it'll work.

On the surface though....after being traded for a PTBNL last August and now in the home opener lineup...it looks bad. Especially at 0-3.

Now win a game.

QUOTE (flavum @ Apr 10, 2015 -> 10:21 AM)
No. His home-schooled son that's all over the place.

Ahhhh. First I have heard of it, but I live outside the Chicago market and generally don't pay attention to families of SOX players, so I guess it makes sense that I haven't heard of LaRoche's 12 year old son.

But my point still stands, not real impressed with LaRoche so far...but its early.

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Apr 10, 2015 -> 11:15 AM)
Probably has to do with Beckham's success against Milone and the fact that he had a good day at the plate on Wednesday.

3 for 8 with a homer and 2 strikeouts against a guy is about as uninformative as a sample gets, and one of his hits Wednesday was a swinging bunt.

I get that Beckham is a better choice than Gillaspie but he shouldn't just be an automatic start against lefties. And the reason is because he suuuUUUCKS GOD IT'S SO AGGRAVATING.

Seriously though, he hasn't done jack **** to earn these plate appearances over Bonifacio.

QUOTE (shysocks @ Apr 10, 2015 -> 11:25 AM)
3 for 8 with a homer and 2 strikeouts against a guy is about as uninformative as a sample gets, and one of his hits Wednesday was a swinging bunt.

I get that Beckham is a better choice than Gillaspie but he shouldn't just be an automatic start against lefties. And the reason is because he suuuUUUCKS GOD IT'S SO AGGRAVATING.

Seriously though, he hasn't done jack **** to earn these plate appearances over Bonifacio.

I agree with you, I was just exploring reasons as to why he got the start again.

Edited by OmarComing25

Probably true, but Gordo had a nice first game and is much better with the glove than Boni. I too hope Boni gets a fair amount of the ABs against LHP at 3B, but for now..I am fine with it.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 10, 2015 -> 11:23 AM)
He only scored a run and drove one in during the game he did play. Ventura must be an idiot .

When did I blame Ventura for anything? Hahn is the one who put him on the roster.

Adam Dunn had a 2.000 OPS after Opening Day 2011. What a great signing that was! #funwithsamplesizes

Bonifacio's pathetic defense this spring is probably what is costing him.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Apr 10, 2015 -> 11:29 AM)
When did I blame Ventura for anything? Hahn is the one who put him on the roster.

Adam Dunn had a 2.000 OPS after Opening Day 2011. What a great signing that was! #funwithsamplesizes

You are complaining he is getting his second start. Obviously the first one was the correct call. Considering the White Sox offense has managed only 1 run in the games he hasn't played, maybe some guys in that line up shouldn't be playing.

Beckham could go 4-4 with 4 home runs and this site would find something wrong with it.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 10, 2015 -> 11:33 AM)
You are complaining he is getting his second start. Obviously the first one was the correct call. Considering the White Sox offense has managed only 1 run in the games he hasn't played, maybe some guys in that line up shouldn't be playing.

Beckham could go 4-4 with 4 home runs and this site would find something wrong with it.

conversely, Beckham could go 0-4 with the golden sombrero and you would find a way to call the site a bunch of idiots

QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ Apr 10, 2015 -> 11:26 AM)
Probably true, but Gordo had a nice first game and is much better with the glove than Boni. I too hope Boni gets a fair amount of the ABs against LHP at 3B, but for now..I am fine with it.

Is he really though? I feel like everyone's just basing that on stuff Hahn said during the offseason, a bad spring for Bonifacio, and just total blind faith I guess. Last year in his only 3B action since 2009, Beckham's UZR/150 would have made him the worst third baseman in baseball by far (small sample granted), and he's already looked bad on a popup this week. Meanwhile, Bonifacio's got a perfectly respectable track record at third.

I'm perfectly open to being convinced, but what have we actually seen that tells us Beckham can play third base?

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 10, 2015 -> 11:31 AM)
Bonifacio's pathetic defense this spring is probably what is costing him.

I think you're right but that's not a good enough reason. I hope they aren't so easily swayed by a couple dozen spring innings that they'd invalidate a $4M investment. If they don't trust him to play the field and to hit against lefties then they made a mistake signing him, because he's a very expensive pinch runner.

Not drawing conclusions based on 2 instances here but this Gillaspie/Beckham platoon is on its way to becoming a trend.

Gammons made a good point this morning. The Royals are a team that is built on momentum (yeah there is momentum in baseball imo) and when they get going its hard for anyone to stop them. The Sox just ran into a buzz saw the first three. Now just move forward and forget about the first three completely.

QUOTE (flavum @ Apr 10, 2015 -> 11:49 AM)
Dozier, Escobar, Mauer, Hunter, Vargas, Plouffe, Arcia, Suzuki, Schafer

They're better than the one run they scored in Detroit.

But no excuses. Get a win.

Not really. That's a fairly pathetic lineup.

QUOTE (flavum @ Apr 10, 2015 -> 10:13 AM)
Raise your hand if you're tired of seeing Drake LaRoche.

*raises hand* I thought he'd go away after Spring Training, but it looks like we'll have to deal with 100s of TV/radio mentions and White Sox tweets/instagram posts/etc. about him throughout the season.

QUOTE (Baron @ Apr 10, 2015 -> 12:47 PM)
Not really. That's a fairly pathetic lineup.

However a few of those guys are Sox killers. And I think that Vargas and Santana will have great years

edit--- yes I know Santana is not starting

Edited by Jose Abreu