4/11 - Twins vs White Sox

flavum

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Apr 11, 2015 -> 04:26 PM)
We better see some life from the offense today because Pelfrey sucks. As bad as the pitching has been, the lineup should be embarrassed by their performance so far. One run or less in three of four games is a f***ing joke.

so in other words, the whole team performance sucks. i 100% agree,

the sox win their first game today.

if the sox don't win, i will not post anything for 1 week on anything except for updating the minors.

if the sox win, i get a free pass to goes off on the owners without any hate.... during the season.

:lol:

QUOTE (hi8is @ Apr 11, 2015 -> 11:56 AM)
Wouldn't surprise me if this is the everyday lineup in about 3 weeks. Also wouldn't surprise me if Johnson is replaced full time by Sanchez soon.

Micah and Flowers are 2 of the only ones who have done anything productive with the bats so far this year.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 11, 2015 -> 08:06 AM)
Micah and Flowers are 2 of the only ones who have done anything productive with the bats so far this year.

Micah = rookie mistakes on the base paths and poor defense is already showing

Flowers = 1 hr and 1 db + many defensive issues... also just plan flat out do NOT see him as a leader. He seems very reactionary and frantic behind the plate.

QUOTE (hi8is @ Apr 11, 2015 -> 12:54 PM)

Flowers = 1 hr and 1 db + many defensive issues... also just plan flat out do NOT see him as a leader. He seems very reactionary and frantic behind the plate.

What poor d?

Edited by Condor13

QUOTE (hi8is @ Apr 11, 2015 -> 12:54 PM)

I said this in the game thread yesterday. If you're going to call a guy up who has 1 year above A-ball you're going to expect errors on the basepaths and other mental errors. The greatest coach in human history isn't going to change that. Young guys get called up and make mistakes. If they weren't willing to overlook some mental errors from Micah and still called him up then Micah isn't the problem, management is.

Hell, for yesterday's baserunning throwout, he was on 2b with 1 out and Abreu was on deck. He shouldn't have had the green light anyway. That one hangs on the dugout too, the manager shouldn't have given him the green light to even try. The dugout can't act like he's 29 year old Ricky Henderson with a complete book on every single pitcher in the league and how to recognize their pickoff moves until he's actually seen some of them.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 11, 2015 -> 05:06 PM)
I said this in the game thread yesterday. If you're going to call a guy up who has 1 year above A-ball you're going to expect errors on the basepaths and other mental errors. The greatest coach in human history isn't going to change that. Young guys get called up and make mistakes. If they weren't willing to overlook some mental errors from Micah and still called him up then Micah isn't the problem, management is.

Hell, for yesterday's baserunning throwout, he was on 2b with 1 out and Abreu was on deck. He shouldn't have had the green light anyway. That one hangs on the dugout too, the manager shouldn't have given him the green light to even try. The dugout can't act like he's 29 year old Ricky Henderson with a complete book on every single pitcher in the league and how to recognize their pickoff moves until he's actually seen some of them.

hell this is the exactly the same thing i was talking about, when the big thread on vince coleman being hired on the base running coach or what ever he is.

the sox will either live and on this situation die by being aggressive.

edit..... btw how many seasons has MJ had at second base... meaning of pro ball. mistakes will happen. it is a given. it is sooo much highlighted b/c of the loosing streak.

Edited by LDF

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 11, 2015 -> 12:06 PM)

All good points. I do wish they'd leave micah to just sit on the basepaths without a greenlight and just get used to how the pitchers watch him and deal with him rather than "MICAHS ON! GO GO GO1"

QUOTE (hi8is @ Apr 11, 2015 -> 09:56 AM)
Wouldn't surprise me if this is the everyday lineup in about 3 weeks. Also wouldn't surprise me if Johnson is replaced full time by Sanchez soon.

My fear is they are both replaced by Beckham.

QUOTE (Condor13 @ Apr 11, 2015 -> 01:07 PM)
So this may sound like a dumb question, but I want to know. Is WGN no longer showing games nationally?

Games no longer allowed to be shown on WGN America apparently