4/11 - Twins vs White Sox

flavum

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Apr 11, 2015 -> 01:31 PM)
I cannot believe this team is this poor.

I've been saying this all offseason - we won 73 games last year. We didn't get 10 games better this offseason let alone 20

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 11, 2015 -> 01:33 PM)
Jeff knows he has to pitch well to earn money, right? He has looked like garbage since day 1 of spring training.

I'm sure he doesnt know he's a free agent at the end of the season

I still think the Sox are going to win the game, but things will be drastically different when Sale steps on the mound. That will bring a huge sigh of relief to everyone in the clubhouse. Everyone will raises their game.

Nice strikeout by Jeff.

QUOTE (daa84 @ Apr 11, 2015 -> 07:33 PM)
I've been saying this all offseason - we won 73 games last year. We didn't get 10 games better this offseason let alone 20

But I thought Robertson was going to prevent 20 blown saves and make this a 90+ win team all on his own. Is that not how it works?

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Apr 11, 2015 -> 01:35 PM)
It's why I actually really liked the move from the Sox perspective.

They seemigly want him back and are willing to spend good money to keep him. but JS wanted to enter the season betting on himself, which I respect. So if he preforms great, Sox get a killer season out of him and hopefully can re-up, and if he sucks, the Sox get a draft pick and move on from a pitcher on the downswing. Not a ton of risk there.

If he has a killer season, you trade him at the trade deadline.

If he sucks, you try to re-sign him to a bargain contract and hope he regains form.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Apr 11, 2015 -> 12:35 PM)
It's why I actually really liked the move from the Sox perspective.

They seemigly want him back and are willing to spend good money to keep him. but JS wanted to enter the season betting on himself, which I respect. So if he preforms great, Sox get a killer season out of him and hopefully can re-up, and if he sucks, the Sox get a draft pick and move on from a pitcher on the downswing. Not a ton of risk there.

Unless Semien becomes a very good regular and Tim Anderson can't stick at SS.