kirk gibson?

nvc1019

Is Kirk Gibson available? I wouldn't mind seeing him as manager any thoughts? Otherwise somebody out there like that comes prepared every game with a plan on how to beat the opposition unlike Ventura...

Edited by lilnicky

QUOTE (lilnicky @ Apr 11, 2015 -> 06:00 PM)
Is Kirk Gibson available? I wouldn't mind seeing him as manager any thoughts? Otherwise somebody out there like that comes prepared every game with a plan on how to beat the opposition unlike Ventura...

how go you know that is the situation???

so are you going to tell me kirk gibson will never loose a game???

give me a break on what you are spouting.

Edited by LDF

QUOTE (LDF @ Apr 11, 2015 -> 01:07 PM)
how go you know that is the situation???

so are you going to tell me kirk gibson will never loose a game???

give me a break on what you are spouting.

yo i didn't say gibson would lose a game,i personally don't think ventura is prepared as a manager and the sox scouting doesn't impress me at all when it came to the royals series. why keep throwing fast balls to a fast ball hitting team?

QUOTE (lilnicky @ Apr 11, 2015 -> 07:47 PM)
yo i didn't say gibson would lose a game,i personally don't think ventura is prepared as a manager and the sox scouting doesn't impress me at all when it came to the royals series. why keep throwing fast balls to a fast ball hitting team?

then your comment of this team not being prepared is false. i would accept that there are several layers of being prepared and etc.....

to say that Robin is not prepared while Gibson would.... again how do you know this to be true.

if you meant it as sarcasm, then we the posters use green...

anyway, you implied that the loosing is robin not being prepared and as a default, Gibson would be prepare, then by default, Gibson would never loose a game.

you spelled it out, all that is tangible is there, it is simple logic.

QUOTE (lilnicky @ Apr 11, 2015 -> 07:26 PM)
do you think this team came out of spring training ready? if it's going to take a month into the season to be sharp against your own division they are in big trouble...

i am thru.... sox won.

Kirk Gibson for manager? No way, though I'm not a fan of Robin Ventura's managing.

Only reason I'm posting here is my son had a "Kirk Gibson moment" in Little League a couple of years ago. It was a LL playoff game, AAA level, and my son's team was tied going into extra innings.

While at bat, he fouled a ball off his instep and fell down in a heap, writhing in pain. He lay their agonizing for a seeming eternity. Then he slowly got up and tried to put a little weight on his foot. He could barely limp around to walk it off. But, he was going to tough it out and step back in the batter's box.

He's a lefty, like Gibson. But he's always been the shortest player on his team.

On the next pitch, with a man on base, he hit the ball over the center fielder's head!! It wasn't a homer, and because he couldn't run, it was only a double. But it drove in what became the winning run.

His team went on to win the championship. And my son had his "Kirk Gibson moment."

QUOTE (Brian26 @ Apr 14, 2015 -> 01:14 AM)
If I had to put money down on any one person to be the next Sox manager, whether this year or five years from now, I'd wager on Ozzie.

if there is 1 thing, i think it will be zero chance of that happening. he burnt his bridges there.

QUOTE (VAfan @ Apr 11, 2015 -> 10:35 PM)
Kirk Gibson for manager? No way, though I'm not a fan of Robin Ventura's managing.

Only reason I'm posting here is my son had a "Kirk Gibson moment" in Little League a couple of years ago. It was a LL playoff game, AAA level, and my son's team was tied going into extra innings.

While at bat, he fouled a ball off his instep and fell down in a heap, writhing in pain. He lay their agonizing for a seeming eternity. Then he slowly got up and tried to put a little weight on his foot. He could barely limp around to walk it off. But, he was going to tough it out and step back in the batter's box.

He's a lefty, like Gibson. But he's always been the shortest player on his team.

On the next pitch, with a man on base, he hit the ball over the center fielder's head!! It wasn't a homer, and because he couldn't run, it was only a double. But it drove in what became the winning run.

His team went on to win the championship. And my son had his "Kirk Gibson moment."

Great story. Did you tell him the background?