Adam Eaton

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 1, 2015 -> 08:56 AM)
Eaton looks like a guy who is already high strung. Throw on top of that the contract extension, he looks to me like a guy who is trying to justify his contract in every single play. He needs to relax and have some fun again.

So true, and he's already talked about wanting to put up good numbers---because if he puts up good numbers, that helps the guys behind him put up good numbers.

And obviously, that's just setting himself up to press and play bad baseball. He just needs to focus on fundamental baseball and let the numbers take care of itself.

The best thing is that the centerfielders at Charlotte, Birmingham and Winston Salem, are all playing really well.

I'm hopeful that Thompson, May or Engel will emerge as our centerfielder, way before Eaton's contract is finished.

Who among those 3, intrigues you guys the most?

QUOTE (Lillian @ May 1, 2015 -> 05:01 PM)
The best thing is that the centerfielders at Charlotte, Birmingham and Winston Salem, are all playing really well.

I'm hopeful that Thompson, May or Engel will emerge as our centerfielder, way before Eaton's contract is finished.

Option D...Tim Anderson

QUOTE (Lillian @ May 1, 2015 -> 11:01 AM)

QUOTE (fathom @ May 1, 2015 -> 11:13 AM)
Option D...Tim Anderson

Adam Eaton is our CF, and he isn't going anywhere for a while. Even if he sits, it will be JB Shuck that plays this year, not any minor leaguer.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 1, 2015 -> 05:22 PM)
Adam Eaton is our CF, and he isn't going anywhere for a while. Even if he sits, it will be JB Shuck that plays this year, not any minor leaguer.

By the start of 2017, Anderson should hopefully be ready for the majors. His skill set most likely works the best in CF. Eaton has two years to prove himself, and I'm optimistic he will.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 1, 2015 -> 10:22 AM)

Please note that I said we would hopefully have an internal replacement, way before Eaton's contract expired. I didn't suggest anything about this year.

QUOTE (Lillian @ May 1, 2015 -> 11:01 AM)

Excellent pont Lillian, all three CF's are playing well. Thompson has a nice blend of speed with power but for some unknown reason, May is the guy that intrigues the most. I really like May's potential for stealing bases, extra base hits, defense and OBP.

to make this fair, esp from my stand point, how many other players on this team right now, not hitting???

lets also say, how many are not hitting north of lets say 220 avg???

the reason i pointed out Eaton, MJ is hitting, leading him off, can bring a spark to the offense. all it needs is a little spark.

the spark was given and them the crap in Balt ruined the momentum.

QUOTE (LDF @ May 1, 2015 -> 12:00 PM)
to make this fair, esp from my stand point, how many other players on this team right now, not hitting???

lets also say, how many are not hitting north of lets say 220 avg???

the reason i pointed out Eaton, MJ is hitting, leading him off, can bring a spark to the offense. all it needs is a little spark.

the spark was given and them the crap in Balt ruined the momentum.

Another idea could be batting MJ leadoff with Eaton batting second behind him.

QUOTE (StRoostifer @ May 1, 2015 -> 12:05 PM)
Another idea could be batting MJ leadoff with Eaton batting second behind him.

Christopher Kamka ‏@ckamka 51m51 minutes ago

Micah Johnson leads #WhiteSox batters with at least 50 plate appearances this season with 4.07 pitches seen per PA.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 1, 2015 -> 12:06 PM)
Christopher Kamka ‏@ckamka 51m51 minutes ago

Micah Johnson leads #WhiteSox batters with at least 50 plate appearances this season with 4.07 pitches seen per PA.

There ya go! I say shake it up with MJ leadoff and Eaton 2nd. Maybe Eaton batting ahead of Abreu will help Eaton out.

He's not playing the best, and I know I should't get upset, but come on! This thread is way too negative. Two months ago everybody was talking about how good Hahn is for locking him up long term.

It's 1/8 of the season.

Eaton is the type of guy who seems to take things hard. I mean, he shaved his beard last night. Tell me the mental demons are swimming in his head right now. He'll turn the corner and be back to who we know and love.

However for the time being, drop him in the order. Bat him 9 for a few games. Throw Michah or Melky up there.

This team WILL BE FINE!

Yes, its frustrating, and it seems to happen every year, but we are starting slow once again. Cream rises people. Sale, Shark, Quintana will pitch better. Melky, Eaton, Ramirez, LaRoche, etc. will all hit better.

BREATHE IN, BREATHE OUT. Watch the Hawks tonight, take your focus away from the Sox, and in two weeks when things are rolling get back into it.

QUOTE (StRoostifer @ May 1, 2015 -> 01:25 PM)
There ya go! I say shake it up with MJ leadoff and Eaton 2nd. Maybe Eaton batting ahead of Abreu will help Eaton out.

Micah's long term development is way more important than a few more PA for our most patient hitter in April (Jesus, can't believe I just typed that). Putting him in the top spot just puts way too much pressure on him IMO.

On that other hand, putting a rookie up top is exactly the sort of move that might be needed to galvanize this bunch. So it will never happen, that's not RV, don't rock the boat blah blah blah.

QUOTE (BrianAnderson @ May 1, 2015 -> 01:46 PM)
He's not playing the best, and I know I should't get upset, but come on! This thread is way too negative. Two months ago everybody was talking about how good Hahn is for locking him up long term.

It's 1/8 of the season.

Eaton is the type of guy who seems to take things hard. I mean, he shaved his beard last night. Tell me the mental demons are swimming in his head right now. He'll turn the corner and be back to who we know and love.

However for the time being, drop him in the order. Bat him 9 for a few games. Throw Michah or Melky up there.

This team WILL BE FINE!

Yes, its frustrating, and it seems to happen every year, but we are starting slow once again. Cream rises people. Sale, Shark, Quintana will pitch better. Melky, Eaton, Ramirez, LaRoche, etc. will all hit better.

BREATHE IN, BREATHE OUT. Watch the Hawks tonight, take your focus away from the Sox, and in two weeks when things are rolling get back into it.

I always shave my beard after a breakup so I'm with him! New look new you!

QUOTE (BrianAnderson @ May 1, 2015 -> 06:46 PM)

It's 1/8 of the season.

This team WILL BE FINE!

athletes are very superstitious. that throwing that out there.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ May 1, 2015 -> 06:55 PM)
Micah's long term development is way more important than a few more PA for our most patient hitter in April (Jesus, can't believe I just typed that). Putting him in the top spot just puts way too much pressure on him IMO.

On that other hand, putting a rookie up top is exactly the sort of move that might be needed to galvanize this bunch. So it will never happen, that's not RV, don't rock the boat blah blah blah.

in the beginning of the season i would have agreed and did on this point. but, he is holding his own stat wise, the monkey of being in the majors should be gone. for me, he should be as normal as any other player.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ May 1, 2015 -> 12:55 PM)

I know what you're saying and would normally agree. For now, Eaton is not getting it done as a table setter and there aren't many options. Some good could come from Johnson moving into the one hole.

1- Johnson potentially seeing more pitches helps Eaton to see more pitches from the batters box.

2- Johnson's base stealing potential might help Eaton when Johnson gets on base ahead of him. Imagine a pitcher having to pitch into Eaton's teacup size of a strike zone with Micah's speed on first, yikes!

3- Abreu batting behind Eaton might help too.

4- Moving Johnson to lead off could end up boosting Johnson's confidence in himself even higher.

I like the potential possibilities but I admit it might not work. With the way the Sox have been struggling, a change is needed at lead off, even if its just a temporary shakeup.

QUOTE (StRoostifer @ May 1, 2015 -> 07:46 PM)
I know what you're saying and would normally agree. For now, Eaton is not getting it done as a table setter and there aren't many options. Some good could come from Johnson moving into the one hole.

1- Johnson potentially seeing more pitches helps Eaton to see more pitches from the batters box.

2- Johnson's base stealing potential might help Eaton when Johnson gets on base ahead of him. Imagine a pitcher having to pitch into Eaton's teacup size of a strike zone with Micah's speed on first, yikes!

3- Abreu batting behind Eaton might help too.

4- Moving Johnson to lead off could end up boosting Johnson's confidence in himself even higher.

I like the potential possibilities but I admit it might not work. With the way the Sox have been struggling, a change is needed at lead off, even if its just a temporary shakeup.

you make good point in you points. but MJ to lead, move Eaton down. lets get and consecrate on the top order to get on base and win a game.

make subtle changes at first.

QUOTE (LDF @ May 1, 2015 -> 02:57 PM)
you make good point in you points. but MJ to lead, move Eaton down. lets get and consecrate on the top order to get on base and win a game.

make subtle changes at first.

Technically it is subtle since each player moves up one spot in the order. :P

The current top of the order ( namely Eaton) is not getting it done so the change really is about concentrating on getting the top of the order on base. Johnson see's more pitches than Eaton ( for the moment), Eaton is only batting .192, Johnson is batting .271 and viewed as the organizations future lead off hitter so it just makes sense to at least give it a try.

Again, that's .192 from the lead off spot! Also, after last nights game, it would seem Eaton is bringing his batting struggles onto the field with him because his head was severely up his ass last night defensively. Hoping that was just a one night show.

I think Eaton will be fine, but for now, if the Sox are going to contend they will need better production from the lead off spot so I say shake it up.

QUOTE (StRoostifer @ May 1, 2015 -> 08:31 PM)
Technically it is subtle since each player moves up one spot in the order. :P

The current top of the order ( namely Eaton) is not getting it done so the change really is about concentrating on getting the top of the order on base. Johnson see's more pitches than Eaton ( for the moment), Eaton is only batting .192, Johnson is batting .271 and viewed as the organizations future lead off hitter so it just makes sense to at least give it a try.

Again, that's .192 from the lead off spot! Also, after last nights game, it would seem Eaton is bringing his batting struggles onto the field with him because his head was severely up his ass last night defensively. Hoping that was just a one night show.

I think Eaton will be fine, but for now, if the Sox are going to contend they will need better production from the lead off spot so I say shake it up.

i like many fans still think of eaton and the future of the sox in the same breath. but, he may be trying too hard. i would also think give Shuck some time there now.