Adam Eaton

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 14, 2015 -> 01:53 AM)
6 bad games indicates he is pretty much screwed this year. Hopefully at some point in the last 156 he can figure something out which can give him some hope for next season.

Maybe he can establish some value and we can dump his salary at the deadline.

QUOTE (LDF @ Apr 13, 2015 -> 05:14 PM)
nah.... it is much too early. now if this was 25 games in, that may be a different story.

edit ~~~~ a while ago, players entering their second yr, it was always been said, they would have a second yr slump, does anyone remember this ??

It's called the sophmore slump.

QUOTE (aboz56 @ Apr 15, 2015 -> 02:12 PM)
You'd think a leadoff hitter would be able to get a bunt down, but apparently that is not the case.

People will deflect the blame to Robin for even calling for it and that's fair, he deserves it. But even if it's a stupid job, Eaton has to be able to do it.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 15, 2015 -> 02:13 PM)
What the $&@# was that, Adam?

Dumb baseball IQ again.

Stupid to have the bunt play on there at all (my opinion), stupider when the pitcher just walked one guy and hit the next (my opinion), completely and indefensibly stupidest to still have it on with two strikes (fact). Just plain dumb baseball.

QUOTE (Buehrlesque @ Apr 15, 2015 -> 02:21 PM)
Stupid to have the bunt play on there at all (my opinion), stupider when the pitcher just walked one guy and hit the next (my opinion), completely and indefensibly stupidest to still have it on with two strikes (fact). Just plain dumb baseball.

That pretty much covers it.

Is DeAza still excelling with the O's? Why do players do so well when they LEAVE Chicago?? Rios had eight RBIs when he got hurt the other day, etc. Eaton needs to get his head out or he'll lose his leadoff spot. He isn't hitting.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 15, 2015 -> 08:00 PM)
Is DeAza still excelling with the O's? Why do players do so well when they LEAVE Chicago?? Rios had eight RBIs when he got hurt the other day, etc. Eaton needs to get his head out or he'll lose his leadoff spot. He isn't hitting.

No one is besides Avi and the catchers

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 15, 2015 -> 03:00 PM)

You asked that question like two days ago and it was answered.

I did see him get picked off the other day.

Rios hit four home runs in Texas last year. Four.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 15, 2015 -> 02:00 PM)

De Aza was a really good player for the Sox who wasn't appreciated nearly enough. That said his stats so far this year are pretty lucky.

QUOTE (shysocks @ Apr 15, 2015 -> 12:14 PM)
People will deflect the blame to Robin for even calling for it and that's fair, he deserves it. But even if it's a stupid job, Eaton has to be able to do it.

I specifically stayed out of the thread announcing the Eaton extension because it was kind of shocking at least to me. There have been plenty of "one hit wonders" in baseball . Not saying that applies to Eaton but it seemed a little premature to extend him. Hoping he bounces back but he still makes stupid baserunning decisions and that was evident last year. His fielding and OBP made him a Sox darling but he has his flaws.