4/15 - White Sox vs Indians

flavum

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 15, 2015 -> 04:57 PM)
Noeisi hasn't shown he can save a bullpen yet. I know there is a lot of Danks hate, but if Noesi didn't have those shadows last Friday, he might not have lasted 2 innings.

Well hey, if Danks could pitch more than 5 innings without running out of gas then we wouldn't be having this conversation would we.

What ifs are always fun

• Replies 559
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Apr 15, 2015 -> 06:24 PM)
Well hey, if Danks could pitch more than 5 innings without running out of gas then we wouldn't be having this conversation would we.

What ifs are always fun

Throwing a ball to his SS on a caught stealing without it going into LF would help as well.

QUOTE (Joshua Strong @ Apr 15, 2015 -> 05:06 PM)
Danks pitched good enough to win the game, the offense let him down BIG TIME.

Cannot win unless you go 5 innings. he did NOT pitch well enough to win anything.

QUOTE (TitoMB @ Apr 15, 2015 -> 05:32 PM)
lol what. Beckham was NOT on the bench, as he had already been brought in as a PH (and went 1 for 1).

hopefully this was a joke post.

It was but actually the offense needs a jolt going into Detroit. Beckham needs to be in th lineup while he is swinging a hot bat. Neither Eaton or Johnson are hitting their weight and they end up back to back the second time around. Add Cabrera to the mix and it looks like Larry Moe and Curley in a row all hitting sub 200. Play Shuck, move Johnson to leadoff and stick Beckham at 3rd or sit Johnson and let Gordie play 2nd. Get Flowers bat back in the lineup. Bunting practice tomorrow at 6:00am

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Apr 15, 2015 -> 12:40 PM)
Lol that is so pathetic. Yes, Eaton should have gotten it down his first two tries but he didn't and he looked horrible doing it so why would you ask him to do it again with 2 strikes? This is baseball 101 and it is quite sad that our manager doesn't understand that.

It was puzzling that's for sure. Speed on the bases. Speed at bat. Got to let him hit after strike 2. And Abreu just crazy how bad he looked when it was pretty apparent they would be contend to walk him.

QUOTE (SCCWS @ Apr 15, 2015 -> 05:25 PM)
My problem with Robin is he didn't play the percentages. As many have said, Eaton does not know how to bunt and should never have been asked to do so. The percentages say it was a bad decision. But the bigger problem is he had 2 of his best RBI men this year in Flowers and Beckham on the bench. Robin should have gone with the percentages there and hit for Melky and Jose and we would have at least tied the game. Besides Flowers at 1st and BecKham in left would have made for some exciting extra innings

laugh.gif Wait a minute. Are you testing out Letterman's opening monologue for tonight?

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 15, 2015 -> 05:57 PM)
Noeisi hasn't shown he can save a bullpen yet. I know there is a lot of Danks hate, but if Noesi didn't have those shadows last Friday, he might not have lasted 2 innings.

Water seeks its own level. In baseball terms ... Noesi and a ~5.00 ERA.

QUOTE (shipps @ Apr 15, 2015 -> 09:21 PM)
I dont ever remember assuming we would get better at any point last year.

I remember a lot of people having no sense of urgency. Like, "it's only May." "It's only June." It's still only mid July type stuff. The season is over before ya know it. I'm starting to believe the cliche that games you lose in April and May are just as important as Sept.