4/15 - White Sox vs Indians

flavum

QUOTE (Dunt @ Apr 15, 2015 -> 06:31 PM)
Why not walk Chisenhall there to load the bases? No confidence in Danks being able to get out of the inning with minimal damage?

He's now 4-4 in his career off of Danks. I guess Roberto Perez scared them more.

• Replies 559
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (flavum @ Apr 15, 2015 -> 06:32 PM)
Something about the combo of Micah's stance and how far he's off the plate that doesn't look like he's in a good position to hit.

Completely agree...seems like he's going to have a very difficult time catching up to fastballs. Seems like he'll be more dangerous against finesse pitchers.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 15, 2015 -> 01:33 PM)
Completely agree...seems like he's going to have a very difficult time catching up to fastballs. Seems like he'll be more dangerous against finesse pitchers.

It looks like he's trying to to what Eaton does but you gotta have very good bat control. Not sure Micah does. I'd really like to see him try and pull the ball more. He could develop decent power.

Of course in my world he'd probably be down in AAA working on that.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Apr 15, 2015 -> 05:35 PM)
It looks like he's trying to to what Eaton does but you gotta have very good bat control. Not sure Micah does. I'd really like to see him try and pull the ball more. He could develop decent power.

Of course in my world he'd probably be down in AAA working on that.

Yeah, he swings all arms

QUOTE (bulokis @ Apr 15, 2015 -> 12:30 PM)
When can Rodon be called up and not burn his service time?

He was just drafted so his service time (ala Bryant) is next season. Sox don't play that. Rodon will be up when needed.

QUOTE (brett05 @ Apr 15, 2015 -> 12:36 PM)
He was just drafted so his service time (ala Bryant) is next season. Sox don't play that. Rodon will be up when needed.

This is not true. It has also been detailed many times on the site. He can come up this weekend and Sox control his rights for 7 ML seasons (Including this one).

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Apr 15, 2015 -> 05:39 PM)
This is not true. It has also been detailed many times on the site. He can come up this weekend and Sox control his rights for 7 ML seasons (Including this one).

I know I should know this, but when he comes up this year, the Sox will control his rights for 6 full seasons after this one?

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Apr 15, 2015 -> 12:39 PM)

That is what I am saying. They can bring him up now or later or anytime prior to Mid April and still have 7 years of control, no? If I am wrong, gotta a link to it? Thanks!

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Apr 15, 2015 -> 01:39 PM)

Yea that is wrong, wrong, wrong. Service time starts the day he's on the 25 man draft year has nothing to do with it. Sale's service time started the year he was drafted.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Apr 15, 2015 -> 12:41 PM)
Yea that is wrong, wrong, wrong. Service time starts the day he's on the 25 man draft year has nothing to do with it. Sale's service time started the year he was drafted.

But the Sox aren't keeping him down for service time reasons

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 15, 2015 -> 12:40 PM)
I know I should know this, but when he comes up this year, the Sox will control his rights for 6 full seasons after this one?

So Rodon and Bryant fall in the same position right? I heard bryant getting called up this friday

Edited by bulokis

QUOTE (brett05 @ Apr 15, 2015 -> 01:43 PM)
But the Sox aren't keeping him down for service time reasons

They have plausible deniability -- but if you think they don't know that keeping him down 3 weeks at any point this season gives them another year of guaranteed control (on a Boras client nonetheless), well, your head is in the sand imo.