4/17 - White Sox vs Tigers

• Replies 817
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Mike F. @ Apr 17, 2015 -> 11:30 AM)
Samardzija vs Price

It should be a good game if Samardzija has his good stuff going. Does anyone know why there has been so many day games to start the season? I almost always miss day games during the week for one reason or another.

Go Sox!

i don't know. maybe, it gets colder at night, playoff games for other sports.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 17, 2015 -> 08:59 AM)
Doesn't seem like LaRoche will have much of a chance against Price. Against nasty lefties like Price, I wouldn't mind Flowers/Soto both being in the lineup at C/DH.

That wouldnt happen, if whoever is playing C gets injured they are screwed

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Apr 17, 2015 -> 09:04 AM)
That wouldnt happen, if whoever is playing C gets injured they are screwed

Not really. Then the DH just moves to catcher and your pitcher has to hit the rest of the game. Not really that big of a deal for one game in the rare instance that the starting catcher would get hurt.

QUOTE (lasttriptotulsa @ Apr 17, 2015 -> 09:08 AM)
Not really. Then the DH just moves to catcher and your pitcher has to hit the rest of the game. Not really that big of a deal for one game in the rare instance that the starting catcher would get hurt.

It's a rare instance, but it's clear that teams are unwilling to take this chance. It's very rare that a team uses a catcher as a DH.

QUOTE (3GamesToLove @ Apr 17, 2015 -> 09:11 AM)
It's a rare instance, but it's clear that teams are unwilling to take this chance. It's very rare that a team uses a catcher as a DH.

Ventura would be crucified at 35th and Shields if he did this and an injury happened.

QUOTE (3GamesToLove @ Apr 17, 2015 -> 09:11 AM)

And I've always though it was kind of stupid that teams are unwilling to do it. If your backup catcher is the best option at DH, play him. If the starter gets hurt, big deal you just have to play NL ball for a few innings.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 17, 2015 -> 09:13 AM)
Ventura would be crucified at 35th and Shields if he did this and an injury happened.

Everything said above is true.

QUOTE (woods of ypres @ Apr 17, 2015 -> 09:20 AM)
I'll be there.

Hoping to end my 7 game attendance losing streak, haven't seen a win IRL since 2010.

Soxtalk.com sign in the crowd. Its a must

Murphys law would dictate that it would happen to the Sox, and the pitcher spot would end up costing them

And I've always though it was kind of stupid that teams are unwilling to do it. If your backup catcher is the best option at DH, play him. If the starter gets hurt, big deal you just have to play NL ball for a few innings.

If the manager isn't bright enough to call of a bunt with a two-strike count, he's not going to get this either.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 17, 2015 -> 10:13 AM)

Probably, but it would be unjust IMO. How many times throughout the entire year in the entire league does a team's catcher have to leave due to injury? 10? The odds of it happening are less than half of one percent. If he were to do this 2 or 3 times a week, then yeah, he's playing with fire. But if he does it every now and then and one time it backfires, so be it.