4/17 - White Sox vs Tigers

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 17, 2015 -> 04:13 PM)
Seems managers are putting a lot of heat on video crews in determining whether or not to challenge. In my mind, since the throw beat the runner by so much and umps used to call that an automatic out when the throw beat the runner, I'd challenge 100 percent of those type plays no matter what my video guy told me.

I mean s***, the throw beat the runner by so much, u gotta challenge.

You challenge because you have literally nothing to lose. That he didn't realize that is moronic.

• Replies 817
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Really need to start worrying about the offense. Through today offense average down to .217 and obp at .265. 15 walks and 67ks with only 25 runs in 9 games. 2.78 runs per game. 3 players over .300, 4 players at .200+ and 6 players below .200. Not good

Edited by WhiteSoxLifer

QUOTE (TitoMB @ Apr 17, 2015 -> 03:11 PM)
yeah but what if after this mess up, and the next mess up, they mess up again??

literally we should never challenge, because we may always need it in the future!

What don't you understand about the White Sox video team. Robin doesn't watch replays. The guys who do , who advise him to challenge or not specifically told him the tag was not made.

What's the purpose of a video team if you aren't going to listen to them? It looks like they messed up. Maybe they didn't practice enough replays in spring training. But blaming Robin for not challenging when his crew told him not to is pretty weak.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 17, 2015 -> 04:14 PM)
What don't you understand about the White Sox video team. Robin doesn't watch replays. The guys who do , who advise him to challenge or not specifically told him the tag was not made.

Then I assume you support their firing right? They could easily have just cost this team a chance at the playoffs.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Apr 17, 2015 -> 09:14 PM)
You challenge because you have literally nothing to lose. That he didn't realize that is moronic.

Agreed. I'm not disputing that. I agree a challenge was 100 percent the right call no matter what the video guy says. For my reason as well.

QUOTE (Baron @ Apr 17, 2015 -> 09:15 PM)
Greg talking about trading pitchers for prospects now...I think that's enough of baseball for today

I was just agreeing with fathom this time. It's easy for me to mentally agree to dump a guy when a.) he's not signed for next year and b.) we just got him. Now if it was a Buehrle, I'd be kicking and screaming.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Apr 17, 2015 -> 03:17 PM)
I just want to make sure I'm understanding this right, I can be watching the game in California on MLB.TV and clearly see Alexei placed the tag on the runner, yet the Sox video crew, paid employees in Detroit, don't have access to that angle? What is happening???

Uverse man. Damn Uverse.

QUOTE (flavum @ Apr 17, 2015 -> 04:15 PM)
Who knows, maybe they saved themselves from losing in 14 innings.

This team needs to hit more, and stop playing s*** defense.

Hawk said Beckham saved 3 runs with his defense today.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Apr 17, 2015 -> 03:12 PM)
Yet your SS is jumping up and down screaming NO NO NO! Never saw him talk to Alexei.

Alexei has been pretty adament before when calls have been reviewed and not reversed. I'd go with the guys watching the replay.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Apr 17, 2015 -> 09:17 PM)
I just want to make sure I'm understanding this right, I can be watching the game in California on MLB.TV and clearly see Alexei placed the tag on the runner, yet the Sox video crew, paid employees in Detroit, don't have access to that angle? What is happening???

Lot of great posts in game threads lately. Damn, that's spot on.

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Apr 17, 2015 -> 02:10 PM)
This really doesn't matter. You can't expect to win when only scoring 1 run.. We have scored 25 runs. 2.77 runs per game

No. You're going against an Ace on the road, and games like this will be the norm. You gotta win some of these, even if it takes 11 innings to get to 2.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Apr 17, 2015 -> 03:17 PM)

That's the most bizarre part of Robin's statement. I see it. You saw it. Countless others saw it. But no one else did?!

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 17, 2015 -> 03:16 PM)
Then I assume you support their firing right? They could easily have just cost this team a chance at the playoffs.

If they had these videos, yes I would support a change. If they had only videos where even Hawk says he missed him, a firing wouldn't be fair.

QUOTE (Baron @ Apr 17, 2015 -> 09:19 PM)
So Robin didnt listen to Alexei when he said he had him 100 percent? Glad the manager has trust in his players....what a crock of s***

Yeah, this one is not playing out well. Lexi in retrospect tagged him right on the foot which isn't a bad way to tag a guy and not get yourself hurt. It was a simple tag and Lexi made it. The fact Robin a.) didn't challenge. b.) didn't trust Lexi. c.) didn't even walk the batter to give the team a shot at a fluke double play, makes this game one the team is gonna have to forget in a hurry.

I mean what was Robin thinking having Duke pitch to the righty with a man on third and one out in a tie game in bottom of ninth? Somebody educate me on that one. ONLY HOPE is the K or popup with a lefty against a righty who plays for a first-place team and is not going to f*** up.

QUOTE (Stan Bahnsen @ Apr 17, 2015 -> 03:18 PM)
No. You're going against an Ace on the road, and games like this will be the norm. You gotta win some of these, even if it takes 11 innings to get to 2.

You still have to score 2. We didn't. We also scored 0 against Tommy Milone in our home opener. If we continue to score less than 3 runs a game we will have problems

QUOTE (watchtower41 @ Apr 17, 2015 -> 02:57 PM)
Do you the article or quote that proves this? Everything has always come from Avi's mouth that he will NEVER dive for a ball again, "Maybe, if we were in the World Series..."

More valuable not to dive??? Is Derrick Rose his agent??? That's a joke.

What the f*** good is an outfielder that can't dive?? Might as well make him a DH. I'd rather have Dayan than Avi the Scared p****.

This was talked about ad naseum during his rehab process. They were trying to teach him the Maggs slide so he didn't hurt himself. Think of it this way. What hurts more, losing this one game, or losing Avi for 120 games last year? It isn't about being a (and seriously can we get with the 21st century and stopping using female derogatory terms as insults?) "p****", it is about being smart enough to realize that 1 game