4/17 - White Sox vs Tigers

• Replies 817
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Ramirez said he made the tag.

“In the ninth inning you have to review that play,” Ramirez said. “Maybe they missed it the first time on the video. I’m 100 percent that I tagged him. If you are going to lose you don’t want to lose in this way.”

Is that a player publicly calling out his manager within an hour of the game ending?

QUOTE (bmags @ Apr 17, 2015 -> 03:26 PM)
Only Dick Allen would take the side of it being acceptable for major league officials in charge of utilizing the league's instant review system to not have the full available information to make a call.

It is more about being "right" then about the opinion involved.

keeping things in perspective, Alexei made a terrible effort to clearly tag him on a very easy out, and the umpire made a very bad call at a crucial time in the game. Of the latter two mistakes, I would ranks Robin's mistake in not asking for a replay at 3rd position.

not sure where I rank the decision not to put a man on 1st with a runner on 3rd and one out in the bottom of the 9th.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 17, 2015 -> 03:32 PM)
Is that a player publicly calling out his manager within an hour of the game ending?

That's quite a look into the locker room mentality of this team, imo. Alexei has been around long enough to know what he was doing in that interview.

Once again just to point out.

With the game winning walk off run on second and nobody out THERE IS NOTHING TO LOSE THERE.

All other points and counterpoints are irrelevant.

The IBB seems to be mystical thought in the White Sox dugout as well as the use of video review. Go back to the Orioles game last year and the play at theplate you would think Robin would just say f*** it who knows maybe we win.

QUOTE (mmmmmbeeer @ Apr 17, 2015 -> 04:37 PM)
That's quite a look into the locker room mentality of this team, imo. Alexei has been around long enough to know what he was doing in that interview.

Exactly. A not so very coded message to the guys that sign everyone's checks -- including RV's -- that something is rotten.

Dan Hayes ‏@CSNHayes 1m1 minute ago

Robin Ventura: "You think about (challenging) anyway if you get a maybe, yeah you think about doing it. I didn’t even get a maybe."

What-****ing-ever. Who cares whose fault it was the most. It's just a rotten loss. I'm bummed, but mostly I'm still puzzled how the ump missed that. He was right on top of it.

Doesn't Robin get word from someone who actually watched the replay? The replays I saw up until the one Tito posted clearly looked like he missed the tag, perhaps those were the same replays whoever makes the decision saw? I'd put a bunch of the blame on whoever that person is.

If this has been brought up, my apology, I skipped a million pages.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Apr 17, 2015 -> 04:38 PM)
Once again just to point out.

With the game winning walk off run on second and nobody out THERE IS NOTHING TO LOSE THERE.

All other points and counterpoints are irrelevant.

The IBB seems to be mystical thought in the White Sox dugout as well as the use of video review. Go back to the Orioles game last year and the play at theplate you would think Robin would just say f*** it who knows maybe we win.

You're right Harry. Ramirez knows it. We all know it. Robin doesn't know it. The one guy that has to know it didn't. It's his job to know to challenge or have someone smart enough next to him (Mark Parent, you're fired as well) to tell him to challenge.

Broom the entire coaching staff other than Steverson and Cooper. Yes, I'm including Coleman, Baines and McEwing.

QUOTE (scs787 @ Apr 17, 2015 -> 04:40 PM)
Doesn't Robin get word from someone who actually watched the replay? The replays I saw up until the one Tito posted clearly looked like he missed the tag, perhaps those were the same replays whoever makes the decision saw? I'd put a bunch of the blame on whoever that person is.

He got word from his respected, All-Star, vet SS and ignored it. That's the kicker.

QUOTE (shysocks @ Apr 17, 2015 -> 03:39 PM)
Dan Hayes ‏@CSNHayes 1m1 minute ago

Robin Ventura: "You think about (challenging) anyway if you get a maybe, yeah you think about doing it. I didn’t even get a maybe."

What-****ing-ever. Who cares whose fault it was the most. It's just a rotten loss. I'm bummed, but mostly I'm still puzzled how the ump missed that. He was right on top of it.

Leadership 101, pass the buck. Errr...

QUOTE (scs787 @ Apr 17, 2015 -> 03:40 PM)

Getting past all of the anger over the loss, this seems like exactly what happened. Also sounds like by the time he got new word, it was too late to challenge. Remember with the speed of play thing this year, one of the points of focus was to reduce the screwing around and standing around before challenging. The window is much smaller than it used to be when the Manager would come out on the field and stand there for two minutes. They can't do that this year.

Yeah, whatever, I'm fine with overreacting. I thought Robin was improving, but I don't particularly care about his career at all, so whatever. Replace him now. This team just doesn't know how to play baseball and that's his job.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 17, 2015 -> 03:44 PM)
Getting past all of the anger over the loss, this seems like exactly what happened. Also sounds like by the time he got new word, it was too late to challenge. Remember with the speed of play thing this year, one of the points of focus was to reduce the screwing around and standing around before challenging. The window is much smaller than it used to be when the Manager would come out on the field and stand there for two minutes. They can't do that this year.

Once the pinch runner was announced and Robin went back out to challenge it was too late as the play is over.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Apr 17, 2015 -> 04:37 PM)
keeping things in perspective, Alexei made a terrible effort to clearly tag him on a very easy out, and the umpire made a very bad call at a crucial time in the game. Of the latter two mistakes, I would ranks Robin's mistake in not asking for a replay at 3rd position.

not sure where I rank the decision not to put a man on 1st with a runner on 3rd and one out in the bottom of the 9th.

To note - based on that replay, Alexei did not make a "terrible effort". He got the guy on the foot, felt the tag, and got out of the way so the ball wouldn't be knocked away. He then held the ball up so that the ump could see he had it. He did not need to reach for the guy's body because he had tagged him on the foot.