4/18 Games

flavum

Josh Norris @jnorris427 · 3h 3 hours ago

Robinson Leyer was 93-96 T97 in the first, fanned two including Billy McKinney swinging on 84 mph CH. #WhiteSox

Josh Norris @jnorris427 · 3h 3 hours ago

Leyer ends the second by freezing Jacob Rogers with 98 on the inside black. #WhiteSox

https://twitter.com/jnorris427

QUOTE (Dunt @ Apr 18, 2015 -> 06:37 PM)
I have no idea how Tim Anderson isn't considered a consensus top 50 prospect. Dude just hits.

I am excited about him. Are people expecting him to be in AAA by the middle of the season? I really hope he finds a position, I think he could be good in RF/LF

QUOTE (daggins @ Apr 18, 2015 -> 08:21 PM)
I don't expect him to be in AAA at any point this year. He still has not played a lot of baseball, and the Sox have a SS. No need to rush the kid.

Also he has 1 error this season, on a throw. Why are we talking about moving him?

I fully expect him to be in AAA this year because the Sox always rush guys.

QUOTE (daggins @ Apr 18, 2015 -> 07:21 PM)
I don't expect him to be in AAA at any point this year. He still has not played a lot of baseball, and the Sox have a SS. No need to rush the kid.

Also he has 1 error this season, on a throw. Why are we talking about moving him?

I think it has been stated that his defense is not good and he won't stick at SS. Obviously the White Sox will try everything they can to keep him there and take over for Alexei in 2 years

Leyer seems like he has the potential follow the Montas track last year...hes a really big dude, right? Guess not, 6'2" 175.

Are they using him as a starter or reliever now?

http://www.mlbfarm.com/player.php?player_i...&position=P

Seems hes had a lot of issueswith mechanics, command/control...delivery repeatability.

Thats the wrong Leyer, Euclides not Robinson.

Maybe another potential late season bullpen addition. Still gave up 4 runs but no walks, 6 ks.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Apr 18, 2015 -> 07:32 PM)
Wow, Erik Johnson touched 95 today and worked around 92-94. It would be huge to get the 2013 Erik Johnson back

If Erik is healthy and back to his former top prospect self thats a huge boon for the system.

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Apr 18, 2015 -> 07:32 PM)
Wow, Erik Johnson touched 95 today and worked around 92-94. It would be huge to get the 2013 Erik Johnson back

If he continues, can we see by mid season/end of the season a rotation of Sale, Samardzija, Quintana, Johnson, Rodon? That could be filthy.

Edit: Also, big thing I see, 0 walks from Johnson tonight.

Edited by SoxPride18

Great to see Erik Johnson back to his old self so far, Carlos Sanchez is raking right now. Going to be a really interesting situation with the infield over the next couple of seasons. Also nice to see Kevan Smith starting to adjust to the league, everything has been singles so far but at least he isn't overmatched.

Brett Austin looks like he doesn't have anything more to prove at Kanny, should be a quick call-up to W.S. unless they like how he catches the young guys.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Apr 18, 2015 -> 06:57 PM)
If he continues, can we see by mid season/end of the season a rotation of Sale, Samardzija, Quintana, Johnson, Rodon? That could be filthy.

Edit: Also, big thing I see, 0 walks from Johnson tonight.

Depends on their willingness to eat $20 million on Danks and/or the court of public and media opinion...fan frustration levels, attendance trends, etc.

If you've really got Johnson, Rodon, Montas, Danish, Adams and Beck/Fry/Trexler/R.Leyer (outside looking in) as legit starting prospects, that would be a huge improvement from 2-3 years ago.