Rodon Joining Sox Tomorrow - Working out of Bullpen (Initially)

DirtySox

Ken Rosenthal ‏@Ken_Rosenthal 1m1 minute ago

Source: Carlos Rodon joining #WhiteSox tomorrow. Will initially work out of bullpen.

https://twitter.com/Ken_Rosenthal/status/589905930990522368

Colleen Kane ‏@ChiTribKane now3 seconds ago

White Sox source confirms LHP Carlos Rodon will join the team tomorrow and will work out of the bullpen initially, as @Ken_Rosenthal said.

https://twitter.com/ChiTribKane/status/589907390297866240

Edited by DirtySox

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow, wasn't expecting this. Have a feeling if Noesi has a bad start, Rodon will then be in the rotation. What I don't get is that there's absolutely no need for him in the bullpen right now, as lefty relief and Robertson is the only thing going well for the team.

Edited by fathom

I hate wasting any service time coming out of the bullpen, but I have a feeling it will be a very short-term bullpen stint to preserve his innings. WhiteSox need to clear a 40 man spot and 2 25 man roster spots before tomorrow. Drabek will surely be DFA but not sure what the other move will be.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Apr 19, 2015 -> 04:49 PM)
I hate wasting any service time coming out of the bullpen, but I have a feeling it will be a very short-term bullpen stint to preserve his innings. WhiteSox need to clear a 40 man spot and 2 25 man roster spots before tomorrow. Drabek will surely be DFA but not sure what the other move will be.

The only thing that really matters when it comes to service time is years, days mean little unless you're. Worried about super 2 which really isn't a big deal. If they were planning on calling him up this season then doing it in April is No different than doing it in June.

Edited by Kalapse

QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ Apr 19, 2015 -> 10:54 PM)
What in unbelievably stupid move. Just when I thought they were starting to make smart decisions.

I truly think they just want to hold off on saying Noesi's out of the rotation if he has a bad start this week.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 19, 2015 -> 04:56 PM)
I truly think they just want to hold off on saying Noesi's out of the rotation if he has a bad start this week.

It better be 1-2 appearances from the pen....let Danks & Noesi s*** themselves 1 last time...then he makes the next start for one of them.

Anything else and this team is a joke

QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ Apr 19, 2015 -> 09:57 PM)
It better be 1-2 appearances from the pen....let Danks & Noesi s*** themselves 1 last time...then he makes the next start for one of them.

Anything else and this team is a joke

I trust Hahn to make the right decisions with Rodon. If he stays for more than a few weeks in the bullpen, then that's a ridiculous decision.

Get his feet wet in the majors, limit his innings and strengthen the bullpen, his handedness means little, he's dominant against all hitters. When Noesi faulters again he slides into the rotation. I don't love this plan but there's SOME logic to it.