Rodon Joining Sox Tomorrow - Working out of Bullpen (Initially)

DirtySox

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Apr 19, 2015 -> 05:00 PM)
There's like 14 million reasons Danks is safe for now.

I'll never understand that philosophy. It's a sunk cost, see if you can Zach Duke him and get at least some value. Can't see having a 4 lefty roatation

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ Apr 19, 2015 -> 10:02 PM)
I'll never understand that philosophy. It's a sunk cost, see if you can Zach Duke him and get at least some value. Can't see having a 4 lefty roatation

Agreed, I don't think the team wants to have one of the worst starters in the AL getting 60 starts this year and next.

It's clearly a marketing move to try to get 10 extra Sox fans to attend tomorrow's game. In all seriousness, I despise using starters in the relief role. So much about their routine gets altered, and Rodon is the type of guy who's going to have to find a way to limit his pitches per inning and the relief role will make it an issue he doesn't have to focus on.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Apr 19, 2015 -> 04:47 PM)
Not a fan. I like him getting major league experience, but it should be starting (I know, I know, this is how the Sox do it with their pitchers).

Just don't know what the rush is at this point.

If they are looking at 160 IP cap for this year, a period in the pen does serve to keep his IP down.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Apr 19, 2015 -> 04:49 PM)
I hate wasting any service time coming out of the bullpen, but I have a feeling it will be a very short-term bullpen stint to preserve his innings. WhiteSox need to clear a 40 man spot and 2 25 man roster spots before tomorrow. Drabek will surely be DFA but not sure what the other move will be.

Albers or Putnam would seem to be the most logical.

QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ Apr 19, 2015 -> 05:02 PM)

Even the Yankees have done the same thing with a much bigger distraction in Alex Rodriguez.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Apr 19, 2015 -> 05:27 PM)
Other than Drabek, Putnam would be the guy I axe despite his ERA last year.

I don't think Albers has looked that bad. Putnam has arguably looked the worst and as you said, he should t have a spot secured based off one good season he's had

QUOTE (raBBit @ Apr 19, 2015 -> 10:27 PM)
Other than Drabek, Putnam would be the guy I axe despite his ERA last year.

How do you not axe Guerra over guys like Albers and Putnam. Am I missing something? Am I the only one who dreads Guerra coming into games? I know Robin disagrees with me, but thats not saying much...

QUOTE (Butter Parque @ Apr 19, 2015 -> 05:32 PM)
How do you not axe Guerra over guys like Albers and Putnam. Am I missing something? Am I the only one who dreads Guerra coming into games? I know Robin disagrees with me, but thats not saying much...

Steve Stone said Don Cooper loves Javy Guerra.

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Apr 19, 2015 -> 05:35 PM)
Anybody think Quintana will be heading to the DL? Or Noesi?

Quintana on the DL was the first thing I thought of.

They need quality innings.

It seems like a desperate move, but they may actually be there already.

QUOTE (Joshua Strong @ Apr 19, 2015 -> 05:34 PM)
I would have waited the 10/11 days and bring him up in May, but hard not to get excited.

Hopefully the Sox can clear a spot in the rotation for him in due time.

Now that we are past the last Friday date the incentive for the team is either to bring him up now, or wait until mid to late June. No point in waiting 10 or 11 days.