Rodon Joining Sox Tomorrow - Working out of Bullpen (Initially)

DirtySox

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Apr 19, 2015 -> 08:35 PM)
To be honest, I had no idea what was wrong with him wearing #16. Figured out the reason. I think if I had to name all the Sox retired people, I would have never thought of Ted Lyons. I don't blame Dan for forgetting.

Really ? When was this ? Ken Berry wore 16 in the 1960's . I should know because he was my fav player as a kid and basically every uniform I owned had 16 on it after that.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Apr 21, 2015 -> 02:23 PM)
We disagree often, but we are in 100% agreement over this. Not really even a blip for me. I'd drop 4 of 6 to the Cubs every year if you could guarantee me a playoff berth still.

As a Sox fan not in Chicago the amount of references to the Cubs from fans IN CHICAGO drives me nuts. I mean, I get it. It's worse when you're there. I'm lucky I moved out of Michigan or MSU fans would never let me hear the end of their last few years.

That said, when you win a walkoff like last night and Kris Bryant shows up in the winner thread -- GTFO.

I don't give a s*** about the Cubs, and other than the 6 times they play they have no relevance to any sort of enjoyment I get out of being a Sox fan.

Or how about this....this morning around 8:30am, on the Score's update segment, they played a radio clip of Kris Bryant's amazing RBI single. Then, they get to the Sox game, and not a single audio highlight from the team's flagship station. Just seemed like another example of the hype that's taken over Chicago.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 21, 2015 -> 03:01 PM)
Or how about this....this morning around 8:30am, on the Score's update segment, they played a radio clip of Kris Bryant's amazing RBI single. Then, they get to the Sox game, and not a single audio highlight from the team's flagship station. Just seemed like another example of the hype that's taken over Chicago.

The Cubs are in the CBS family now, so the hype train must be driven by the 24-hour CBS sportstalker. That's why Maddon's on the Score once a week, and why Len Kasper is a Cubbie plague on every show on the station.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 21, 2015 -> 04:01 PM)

Cubs get ratings. Sox fans stay home and don't listen and don't watch.