4/21- White Sox vs Indians 7:10 PM CT

Jose Abreu

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Apr 21, 2015 -> 01:50 PM)
Is that his real nickname or just one you gave him?

Any pitcher can look like a CY Young pitcher for a start or two in their career. Didn't Noesi do 8 innings last year?

Funny you say that on the anniversary of Phil Humbers perfect game.

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OMG I actually get to watch a game tonight.. I only get the games on CSN now in Dixon due to the WGN local BS.

I know this is not the thread for it.. but does anyone have advice on how I can get the feed of WGN or WPWR.. i am in the Dixon, IL area

With any sort of decent antenna you should be able to easily pick up all the WGN and WPWR games on Channel 13-3 WREX out of Rockford.

http://www.bing.com/maps/?mapurl=http://tr...%26state=IL.kml

That's correct. And I think he can receive WREX at Dixon, Illinois using rabbit ears indoors. The tower of WREX is located west of Rockford, near Winnebago, Illinois. The straight line distance is around 35-40 miles. Make certain to get good rabbit ears (not cheap ones) that are capable of receiving VHF signals. Many antennas sold nowadays are 'UHF Only', but WREX uses VHF Channel 13.

Make certain that the VHF antenna rods are pulled out as far as possible, and position the rods so that they are nearly parallel with the ground, going opposite directions from each other, placed near a window.

This antenna works quite well. The photo here however has the VHF rods pushed all the way in. When pulled out, each rod is about 5 feet long:

http://www.terk.com/search/?sku=LOGTVI

Edited by InTheDriversSeat

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Apr 21, 2015 -> 02:38 PM)
That was a fun game. I forgot who K'ed to end that game but it was borderline.

Ryan.

And I don't care if it's close, if you checkswing on that pitch, most MLB umps are ringing you up.

CSN+ HD is channel 285 on Comcast.

http://www.csnchicago.com/channel-finder

According to the above linked grid, the HD channel number for CSN+ is channel 201 on Comcast.

And the SD channel number CSN+ is wherever you get CLTV. On my cable system, CLTV is channel 53, but the channel number for CLTV varies depending where you are located.

4/21/15

Chicagoland area providers

Comcast SportsNet Plus

White Sox vs. Indians

ATT U-verse

CSN+ SD: Channel 741

CSN+ HD: Channel 1741

Comcast Xfinity

CSN+ SD: CLTV (check location in your area)

CSN+ HD: Channel 201

DirecTV

CSN+ SD: Channel 665-1

CSN+ HD: Channel 665-1

Dish Network

CSN+ SD: Channel 454

CSN+ HD: Channel 9577

Dish Network Hopper Channel

CSN+ SD: Channel 412-42

CSN+ HD: Channel 412-42

Mediacom

CSN+ SD: Channel 127

CSN+ HD: Channel 733

RCN

CSN+ SD: Channel 31-CLTV

CSN+ HD: Channel 616

WOW

CSN+ SD: Channel 97

CSN+ HD: Channel 297

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Apr 21, 2015 -> 01:40 PM)
Ok, my Sox negativity has hit an impasse, so I've decided to hit reset.

Tonight marks the first game on their quest to be the team they SHOULD be on the field, at the plate, and on the bump.

:wub:

You are picking this game to start? Why don't you pick a Sale start to begin the turn around.

QUOTE (InTheDriversSeat @ Apr 21, 2015 -> 03:12 PM)
http://www.csnchicago.com/channel-finder

According to the above linked grid, the HD channel number for CSN+ is channel 201 on Comcast.

And the SD channel number CSN+ is wherever you get CLTV. On my cable system, CLTV is channel 53, but the channel number for CLTV varies depending where you are located.

4/21/15

Chicagoland area providers

Comcast SportsNet Plus

White Sox vs. Indians

ATT U-verse

CSN+ SD: Channel 741

CSN+ HD: Channel 1741

Comcast Xfinity

CSN+ SD: CLTV (check location in your area)

CSN+ HD: Channel 201

DirecTV

CSN+ SD: Channel 665-1

CSN+ HD: Channel 665-1

Dish Network

CSN+ SD: Channel 454

CSN+ HD: Channel 9577

Dish Network Hopper Channel

CSN+ SD: Channel 412-42

CSN+ HD: Channel 412-42

Mediacom

CSN+ SD: Channel 127

CSN+ HD: Channel 733

RCN

CSN+ SD: Channel 31-CLTV

CSN+ HD: Channel 616

WOW

CSN+ SD: Channel 97

CSN+ HD: Channel 297

For me in springfield, il it is 285 for csn+hd

Edited by WhiteSoxLifer

Some quick fWAR numbers:

Jose -- .3

Gordon .3

Avi .2

Tyler .2

Sanchez .1

Soto .1

everyone else is negative or at 0.

Not very good offensive start. Micah, Alexei, Conor, Eaton and Melky need to step it up big time. Melky is showing signs we'll see about the other guys. Fangraphs like Eaton's defense so far but -5.2 runs with the bat already. Yikes.

QUOTE (shysocks @ Apr 21, 2015 -> 03:49 PM)
Dan Hayes ‏@CSNHayes 1m1 minute ago

#WhiteSox 4/21: Eaton 8, Cabrera 7, Abreu 3, LaRoche DH, Garcia 9, Gillaspie 5, Ramirez 6, Flowers 2, Johnson 4. Noesi 1

Standard.

Good. I was worried Ventura was going to play Beckham instead of Johnson.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Apr 21, 2015 -> 04:03 PM)
There will be so few people there they will let you in the lower deck without a lower deck ticket I would assume.

I am thinking/hoping so. I'd like to catch Rodon's MLB debut. I'll be in section 134 today for my second game of the year which are both Hector Noesi starts.

Ouch.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Apr 21, 2015 -> 04:03 PM)
There will be so few people there they will let you in the lower deck without a lower deck ticket I would assume.

I am thinking/hoping so. I'd like to catch Rodon's MLB debut. I'll be in section 134 today for my second game of the year which are both Hector Noesi starts.

I would hope Noesi can make it into the 6th, if not we are probably going to lose for sure

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Apr 21, 2015 -> 02:43 PM)
Some quick fWAR numbers:

Jose -- .3

Gordon .3

Avi .2

Tyler .2

Sanchez .1

Soto .1

everyone else is negative or at 0.

Not very good offensive start. Micah, Alexei, Conor, Eaton and Melky need to step it up big time. Melky is showing signs we'll see about the other guys. Fangraphs like Eaton's defense so far but -5.2 runs with the bat already. Yikes.

LaRoche has a pretty good OPS but of course he rarely has the opportunity to play 1B.

Cabrera (hopefully) will start hitting for more power when the weather warms up....Alexei and Eaton are the two biggest culprits, by far.

Hard to blame Micah for much and Conor's probably never going to hit quite as well as he did for 4 / 4.5 months last year before wearing down over the dog days of August. (And you're looking more at his numbers combined with Beckham, just like Soto/Flowers).

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Apr 21, 2015 -> 10:57 AM)
Yeah that schtick will get old real fast. They have already thrown at two players heads this year. That AL pennant last year is really going to their heads.

I guess last year was when the Royals started puberty. Now they think they own the world and can defy anything because their balls finally dropped a little bit.

QUOTE (ptatc @ Apr 21, 2015 -> 03:23 PM)
You are picking this game to start? Why don't you pick a Sale start to begin the turn around.

Because someone other than our one proven winner has to convince me. ;)

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 21, 2015 -> 11:35 AM)
Being able to use them more as match up guys has been a huge advantage for Ventura. Having a decent bench has been a good thing.

Gordon needs to play every day until he cools off. Strike while the Beckham is hot.

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Apr 21, 2015 -> 04:13 PM)
I would hope Noesi can make it into the 6th, if not we are probably going to lose for sure

Our seats are right behind bullpen, will be so pumped for rodon.