Attendance 2015

Buehrle>Wood

QUOTE (ewokpelts @ Jul 23, 2015 -> 03:36 PM)
there was no "sox group". It was jerry and local investors. And the coyotes were in bankruptcy, and eventually bought by the league. It was a quagmire for any group to come in

i try to keep that as a group... hence the sox group. some posters, who trying to make a point in any discussion wants to be so precised in any discussion.

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (ewokpelts @ Jul 23, 2015 -> 09:07 AM)
Harold Washington made a deal with Jim Thompson in 1987 that if the state were to finance a stadium, it HAD TO BE at 35th and shields. Jerry couldn't go anywhere but Florida at that point.

And the south loop is not as attractive as you think. A site at Clark and Roosevelt would be 2 blocks from the red line(and the orange line was still years away), no access for the green line, and 5 blocks from the Dan Ryan. And traffic on that stretch of Roosevelt is murder at 8pm in November, never mind after getting 12,000 cars in the area.

Oh, and that target that people keep talking about wasn't built until 2004. There was zero development on Roosevelt between state and canal for almost 20 years after the sox stopped looking at the south loop. And of course, the bears wanted NOTHING to do with the sox in the south loop, near west side, or at 35th and shields.

Well the Bears play at perhaps the most inconvient stadium in the US.

QUOTE (LDF @ Jul 23, 2015 -> 09:44 AM)
i try to keep that as a group... hence the sox group. some posters, who trying to make a point in any discussion wants to be so precised in any discussion.

Then you are either wrong or lying. The white sox were not looking to buy the coyotes.

QUOTE (ewokpelts @ Jul 23, 2015 -> 03:54 PM)
Then you are either wrong or lying. The white sox were not looking to buy the coyotes.

you are trying to key on 1 point to change the subject.

as i said, i use the name as "sox group" b/c jr and associates made a bid. it was not just jr.

second, i key the sox group as a way to genetically group an unknown, full name of the investors, which i already stated, this being the 2nd time.

lastly do you work for the sox??? are you part of the owners to know exactly what is rumors or not???

QUOTE (LDF @ Jul 23, 2015 -> 10:04 AM)
you are trying to key on 1 point to change the subject.

as i said, i use the name as "sox group" b/c jr and associates made a bid. it was not just jr.

second, i key the sox group as a way to genetically group an unknown, full name of the investors, which i already stated, this being the 2nd time.

lastly do you work for the sox??? are you part of the owners to know exactly what is rumors or not???

I can read. That's how I know your full of s***. Not one single article mentions the white sox group wanting to buy the coyotes. It was always " group headed by jerry".

I'm not changing the subject. Your brain droppings did. I'm just correcting your silly ass

QUOTE (ewokpelts @ Jul 23, 2015 -> 04:09 PM)
I can read. That's how I know your full of s***. Not one single article mentions the white sox group wanting to buy the coyotes. It was always " group headed by jerry".

I'm not changing the subject. Your brain droppings did. I'm just correcting your silly ass

you are funny, you are again not reading what i am say.... read the sentence. that group headed by jr can also include some present sox investors.

if you continue is this weak attempt to be right, i am outta here.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jul 23, 2015 -> 10:11 AM)
It's not often you can be that close to downtown yet have zero convenient public transportation options to access your stadium.

The el is right there

QUOTE (Dunt @ Jul 23, 2015 -> 10:19 AM)
The el is right there

"Right there" is being generous. I've done the walk back to the Roosevelt CTA countless times and every time I'm amazed by how long it takes. Public transportation is there but it sure isn't "convenient".

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jul 23, 2015 -> 04:25 PM)
"Right there" is being generous. I've done the walk back to the Roosevelt CTA countless times and every time I'm amazed by how long it takes. Public transportation is there but it sure isn't "convenient".

in truth, i will give credit to those who use the public transportation. i have us my or my friends car. but dang, when i was young, we crave that there was other places to continue the night. and i think that is what make the northside a place where many like, but i will stay this, the south side fans really like or enjoy the game.

QUOTE (LDF @ Jul 23, 2015 -> 10:30 AM)
in truth, i will give credit to those who use the public transportation. i have us my or my friends car. but dang, when i was young, we crave that there was other places to continue the night. and i think that is what make the northside a place where many like, but i will stay this, the south side fans really like or enjoy the game.

You're right there's nothing by soldier field.

Location doesn't matter. Sorry. This team wins -- they show up. They lose, they don't. No matter how you try to slice the pie it's the same. I'd like to hear the argument how its easier to get to Wrigley than Comiskey. If I'm coming from the suburbs and driving, I'd rather go to Comiskey. If I'm taking the Metra? Sox Win. If I'm taking the El it's a wash. If we are complaining about the area of the ballpark the only thing that's true is that there hasn't been enough development to the IMMEDIATE surrounding areas of the park. Bars/shops/etc. I'm not talking a few blocks away, I'm talking like within a quarter mile. I just recently got the chance to start going to a few other ballparks and all that I've gone too have a nice feel around the ballpark. Minus the Royals.

QUOTE (BrianAnderson @ Jul 23, 2015 -> 05:59 PM)
Location doesn't matter. Sorry. This team wins -- they show up. They lose, they don't. No matter how you try to slice the pie it's the same. I'd like to hear the argument how its easier to get to Wrigley than Comiskey. If I'm coming from the suburbs and driving, I'd rather go to Comiskey. If I'm taking the Metra? Sox Win. If I'm taking the El it's a wash. If we are complaining about the area of the ballpark the only thing that's true is that there hasn't been enough development to the IMMEDIATE surrounding areas of the park. Bars/shops/etc. I'm not talking a few blocks away, I'm talking like within a quarter mile. I just recently got the chance to start going to a few other ballparks and all that I've gone too have a nice feel around the ballpark. Minus the Royals.

excellent point.

the problem i see, the fan will endure that hassle of going to the northside. most b/c of all the activity in and around the park before and after the game.

QUOTE (BrianAnderson @ Jul 23, 2015 -> 12:59 PM)

Winning team + interesting area surrounding the ballpark = people showing up

Losing team + interesting area surrounding the ballpark = people showing up (see Cubs)

Winning team + non-interesting area surrounding the ballpark = people showing up

Losing team + non-interesting area surrounding the ballpark = people NOT showing up (see most of past half century with the White Sox)

QUOTE (Thad Bosley @ Jul 23, 2015 -> 07:11 PM)

Losing team + interesting area surrounding the ballpark = people showing up (see Cubs)

Winning team + non-interesting area surrounding the ballpark = people showing up

Losing team + non-interesting area surrounding the ballpark = people NOT showing up (see most of past half century with the White Sox)

niceeeee ...... :notworthy

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jul 23, 2015 -> 10:25 AM)

Better bet is to get off at the Cermak/Chinatown red line stop. Walk down Cullerton and take the 18th Street bridge over the tracks and you pop right out by the South lots

QUOTE (Thad Bosley @ Jul 23, 2015 -> 01:11 PM)

Exactly. Even the Cubs had some trouble over the past few years if you look at their attendance. (struggles meaning relative to their numbers).

You throw up a few (couple dozen) restaurants and bars up and down and around Comiskey and make it a "bubble" of entertainment nobody would care about the perceived crime outside that bubble. Just make sure you keep the riff-raff out. Only problem is making those bars viable outside the 81 games a year for those business owners. Hence why it wont happen.

We can just sit back, wait until Reinsdorf is gone or about 15-20 years, and then press for a stadium in the burbs. Until then nothing is changing.