4/23 - White Sox vs. Royals 7:10 CST

Dunt

Sale (2-0, 2.25) vs. Ventura (2-1, 4.80)

Take 3 or 4 here. f*** these dirtbag Royals. I was reading through twitter last night and Royals fans were convinced they will hit Sale and get a win tonight. I think Sale is ready to deal and gets 13-14 K's.

• Replies 946
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Dunt @ Apr 23, 2015 -> 09:18 AM)
Sale (2-0, 2.25) vs. Ventura (2-1, 4.80)

Take 3 or 4 here. f*** these dirtbag Royals. I was reading through twitter last night and Royals fans were convinced they will hit Sale and get a win tonight. I think Sale is ready to deal and gets 13-14 K's.

It's funny because I think the guy who did the most damage against Sale is now playing for A's. I don't see anyone in the line up that poses a significant threat to Sale. Moose and Hosmer should be auto outs. They'll get hits but I don't think they'll be able to string too many together.

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Apr 23, 2015 -> 10:21 AM)
It's funny because I think the guy who did the most damage against Sale is now playing for A's. I don't see anyone in the line up that poses a significant threat to Sale. Moose and Hosmer should be auto outs. They'll get hits but I don't think they'll be able to string too many together.

Lorenzo Cain has hit him pretty well in my recollection

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Apr 23, 2015 -> 10:21 AM)

Yeah Butler smacks Sale around and he's out of the picture. Hosmer and Moustakas have been pitiful, with a .464 and .450 OPS. Alcides Escobar and Lorenzo Cain have done pretty well (.937, .946).

QUOTE (shysocks @ Apr 23, 2015 -> 10:41 AM)
Yeah Butler smacks Sale around and he's out of the picture. Hosmer and Moustakas have been pitiful, with a .464 and .450 OPS. Alcides Escobar and Lorenzo Cain have done pretty well (.937, .946).

Yeesh. Atleast Sale is pretty good at controlling the running game, right?

QUOTE (shysocks @ Apr 23, 2015 -> 09:28 AM)
Can't wait to watch this game on Cozi TV or whatever.

Do they broadcast in hi def? I'm only half joking.

No, 'Cozi TV' broadcasts in Standard Def Widescreen. But they can't seem to get the 'Widescreen' part correct. The network and the local affiliate (WMAQ-TV Channel 5-2) both broadcast in 'Widescreen', but for some reason the station locally always has black bars at the left and right sides of the screen which isn't correct.

'Cozi TV' is available on Comcast channel 341, and for free over-the-air on WMAQ-TV Channel 5-2. Other cable / satellite viewers who receive 'CSN Plus 2' on a different alternate channel, might be able to get the game in High Def. Here are the channels where the game can be found:

http://www.csnchicago.com/channel-finder

Another thing, the game starts at 7:10 PM CDT--not CST. CDT (Central Daylight Time) began in March, which is when CST (Central Standard Time) ended.

No, 'Cozi TV' broadcasts in Standard Def Widescreen. But they can't seem to get the 'Widescreen' part correct. The network and the local affiliate (WMAQ-TV Channel 5-2) both broadcast in 'Widescreen', but for some reason the station locally always has black bars at the left and right sides of the screen which isn't correct.

'Cozi TV' is available on Comcast channel 341, and for free over-the-air on WMAQ-TV Channel 5-2. Other cable / satellite viewers who receive 'CSN Plus 2' on a different alternate channel, might be able to get the game in High Def. Here are the channels where the game can be found:

http://www.csnchicago.com/channel-finder

Another thing, the game starts at 7:10 PM CDT--not CST. CDT (Central Daylight Time) began in March, which is when CST (Central Standard Time) ended.

The same error was made in yesterday's game thread and the Sox won the game, so the error needs to remain in the thread for today's game.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Apr 23, 2015 -> 11:59 AM)
Yeah... The face for the two is ~100 at the discounted STH price. I'm looking for 60 for the pair but open if anyone wants to PM an offer.

Listen if you have tickets like this in the future, give me notice and I'll pay that price.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Apr 23, 2015 -> 02:49 PM)
Royals fans are becoming as angsty as their douchebag team.

I really wonder what kind of Royalmania would be occurring if Lester didn't blow a 4 run lead in the 8th inning last year, and they would have been eliminated after 1 game. Yet another reason to hate Jon Lester.

The Tigers just got swept and the Sox can get within 3.5 games of 1st with a win tonight. This is another big series for the central. With Sale on the mound it's critical to take this first one and at least get 2/3 here. The Royals are a bit of a mess after the Oakland series now is a great time to go for a sweep.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Apr 23, 2015 -> 02:17 PM)
The Tigers just got swept and the Sox can get within 3.5 games of 1st with a win tonight. This is another big series for the central. With Sale on the mound it's critical to take this first one and at least get 2/3 here. The Royals are a bit of a mess after the Oakland series now is a great time to go for a sweep.

Four game series.

I think it's more of an issue why they're playing down to the Twins....3-3 against the worst team in the AL and 8-1 against the rest of MLB (one loss to OAK).

Maybe the same overconfidence that struck down the White Sox against lesser division opponents over the last 10-15 years.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 23, 2015 -> 04:20 PM)
Four game series.

I think it's more of an issue why they're playing down to the Twins....3-3 against the worst team in the AL and 8-1 against the rest of MLB (one loss to OAK).

Maybe the same overconfidence that struck down the White Sox against lesser division opponents over the last 10-15 years.

4 game set already with a 2 game set already in Cle? Oh well, at least they aren't playing inter league in April this year like some teams.

I think the Royals are a mediocre team that had a hot start. On paper, the Sox have just as much talent, maybe you can say the ridiculous pen KC has is some magic elixir but in a rare moment of agreeance with Dick Allen I will say -- this team got lucky to make the playoffs and they are acting like the 27 Yankees, fans included. The Sox matchup well on paper let's see how it goes.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Apr 23, 2015 -> 02:49 PM)
Royals fans are becoming as angsty as their douchebag team.

Royals fans have historically always been great fans with a high baseball IQ from what I seen. But winning can change all that. LOL

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Apr 23, 2015 -> 03:17 PM)

Critical? Come on with the hyperbole.