4/23 - White Sox vs. Royals 7:10 CST

Dunt

• Replies 946
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Apr 24, 2015 -> 04:30 AM)
It did nothing for the white sox. The starting three were not the ones that needed to show anything.

I don't blame them due to the conditions and everything else going on, but having such a small crowd tonight took away some of the electricity you normally see after a fight. There seemed to be some pretty audible Lets Go Royals chants during extra innings.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 24, 2015 -> 12:24 AM)
Biggest issue with Sox lineup right now is that there is no power at all outside of Abreu/LaRoche. Hard to score a lot of runs when you have minimal power and a team that doesn't walk much. 3rd base is a position that looks to need a serious upgrade. With Johnson/Eaton on this roster likely to be starting for the next few seasons, you can't have gaping power issues in RF and 3B as well.

Matt Davidson would solve that

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Apr 23, 2015 -> 11:27 PM)
Eaton and Johnson not getting on base

Laroche playing like Dunn did

Those are your issues.

I think Micah has been one of the better players. He only had one hit tonight but he was playing well on defense and going all out all the time. He is pretty good at taking pitches and looks poised for a rookie so far

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Apr 24, 2015 -> 04:32 AM)
A small part, Eaton and laroche much more

I obviously hate LaRoche's contact issues, but he's at least been a big contributor in 2 of the Sox wins this year. More than what can be said about some of his teammates.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE (Condor13 @ Apr 24, 2015 -> 04:34 AM)
Matt Davidson would solve that

Not a fan, but it does bring up an interesting argument if the defense is similar for both. Would Davidson batting .195 with 20 homers be more valuable than Gillaspie at .260 and 8 homers?

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 24, 2015 -> 12:37 AM)
Not a fan, but it does bring up an interesting argument if the defense is similar for both. Would Davidson batting .195 with 20 homers be more valuable than Gillaspie at .260 and 8 homers?

I would be completely shocked if Connor batted anything above .240 this year with 3 HR. Davidson of he keeps it up has looked to turn a corner batting around .280 with 3 HR at AAA so far and I think could easily bat .250 with 20 HR. As long as he keeps doing whatever he is doing this year as opposed to the bad year he had last year

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Apr 23, 2015 -> 11:27 PM)
Eaton and Johnson not getting on base

Laroche playing like Dunn did

Those are your issues.

Eaton has been heating up lately over his last 5 coming into tonight .278/.409/.333 and Micah now has a 6 game hitting streak coming into tonight his last 5 looked like this .400 /.471/ .400 - .871

LaRoche .300/.333/.500 - .833 coming into tonight with 8K and 1BB a bit heavy but still getting it done.

Sox just need to hit with RISP.

QUOTE (Condor13 @ Apr 24, 2015 -> 04:45 AM)
I would be completely shocked if Connor batted anything above .240 this year with 3 HR. Davidson of he keeps it up has looked to turn a corner batting around .280 with 3 HR at AAA so far and I think could easily bat .250 with 20 HR. As long as he keeps doing whatever he is doing this year as opposed to the bad year he had last year

If they call up Davidson, it's possible he would make LaRoche look like Tony Gwynn in terms of contact ability. One thing that's interesting based off of small sample size is he's hitting RHP better than LHP. He also hit significantly better against RHP than LHP last year.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE (WilliamTell @ Apr 24, 2015 -> 12:32 AM)
I never thought I'd see the day where the Royals may be my most hated team.

I hate The Tigers and their fans, But even before this game, I hated kc more. I hope they squash kc every time they face each other and if the sox can't win the division I hope Detroit does. Kc and their fans , acting like theyve been perennial winners

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Apr 24, 2015 -> 05:54 AM)
Watched the game on MLBN. Kind of like I came to watch a baseball game and a fight broke out. Wish it was more like I came to watch a fight and a baseball game broke out.

It's been like that in about half the Royals games. They have had incidents all season long.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (Condor13 @ Apr 23, 2015 -> 11:25 PM)
Only good thing that came from that game is that some of our players showed some f***ing life and heart and in that scrum. Sale, Shark, Q (reports), and Eaton all had some fire in them and were not gonna let those punks come into our house and take it over. I loved what the Shark did, he showed the team he is with them 100 %. I do wish it was Q, Danks, or Noesi bc Rodon can fill their shoes better then they can themselves. Our team needs something to get their bats going hopefully this was it.

Yeah, for all of the fan chatter about a splintering clubhouse, all of the leaders on this team were right in the middle of the scrum last night. I sure didn't see anyone hesitate to come to the aid of a teammate/s

QUOTE (Real @ Apr 24, 2015 -> 01:10 PM)
this team is just embarrassing at this point

i understand you point, but i don't think so. finally this team is starting to develop a personality and is showing some fight in them.

finally i can say these players coming to life.