Bench clearing brawl

southsider2k5

QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Apr 24, 2015 -> 12:43 PM)
I'm afraid it might not be a matter of patience, but just actual pitch recognition and/or "baseball IQ." I think that was the same issue with Viciedo, and it's really a much more serious problem, because I'm not sure that a simple change in approach can fix it. It's really hard to tell from a fan's perspective, obviously, whether or not a guy is really trying to change. But if he just can't recognize the cues/pick up the spin in time, he's doomed to mediocrity even though he's so physically gifted otherwise.

At the beginning of the season I really thought maybe a light had gone on somewhere between last year and now...his PAs actually seemed better to me. I was thinking to myself, has he gotten better at laying off pitches or will it just take a few weeks for the pitchers to adjust (why they seemed to forget how to pitch him at the beginning of the season, I don't know)? But it seems as though they have adjusted.

He's back to looking like crap again and swinging at crap again.

I agree, he reminds me a lot of Dayan.

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (iamshack @ Apr 24, 2015 -> 08:44 PM)
At the beginning of the season I really thought maybe a light had gone on somewhere between last year and now...his PAs actually seemed better to me. I was thinking to myself, has he gotten better at laying off pitches or will it just take a few weeks for the pitchers to adjust (why they seemed to forget how to pitch him at the beginning of the season, I don't know)? But it seems as though they have adjusted.

He's back to looking like crap again and swinging at crap again.

I agree, he reminds me a lot of Dayan.

no offense, but i truly hope you are wrong.

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Apr 24, 2015 -> 01:34 PM)
Personal attack. Suspend yourself please.

I find all of this a bit rich.

Someone who has been around here since 2013 calling out fair weather fans...

I guess listening or watching 162 games a year from China when 30% of aforementioned games begin at 1-5 a.m. Constitutes a fair weather fan. He is welcome to track every single post here, at WSI or even chisox.com since baseball message boards began, since the days of ncorgbl and sat46. He wont find a single one at any other team's board, especially the Royals.

Dont understand this WSI groupthink/sheepthink type of mentality...thats why their moderators were always likened to Nazi Germany SS or Gestapo.

I actually love that the moderators here have some personality, like Balta, especially his passionate political beliefs...like I used to hold in my teens and twenties. Some really smart guys...that many of us dont always agree with but at least we respect their opinions and their underlying reasons for those opinions.

http://www.csnchicago.com/white-sox/white-...t-hell-out-team

I suggest he should call out Adam Eaton, too.

http://www.csnchicago.com/white-sox/brawl-...-sox-look-spark

Hope there's actually some type of plan or strategy for the rest of the season that goes beyond "hoping." Needs to be more belief...certainty...and less maybe.

Didnt realize Tyler was such an enforcer there he scared half the Royals away single-handedly.

http://www.csnchicago.com/video_content_ty...-against-royals

Video

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 24, 2015 -> 05:10 PM)

Hope there's actually some type of plan or strategy for the rest of the season that goes beyond "hoping." Needs to be more belief...certainty...and less maybe.

Didnt realize Tyler was such an enforcer there he scared half the Royals away single-handedly.

http://www.csnchicago.com/video_content_ty...-against-royals

Video

I saw that and thought atta boy Tyler. I don't know who it was, but someone was ready to swing at him blindly and Tyler saw him at the last second and ran at him.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 24, 2015 -> 03:55 PM)
Jeff Arnold ‏@JeffArnold_

Chris Sale wouldn't confirm or deny that he tried to get into the Royals clubhouse in the 8th inning after being ejected: "It's in the past"

Yeah pretty clear he did and the Sox are trying to keep it quiet

QUOTE (raBBit @ Apr 24, 2015 -> 09:45 PM)
No not yet. He is available until the appeal process happens. I don't know when that it is but it is typically done via skype so it shouldn't take too long. He is hoping the MLB reduces it and MLB has to decide whether to uphold or reduce it.

if i remember correctly and that is unless it has change, doesn't the player have the yr when to decide to do the suspension??

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 24, 2015 -> 10:10 PM)

i never realize how much of a big boy he is. i too would think twice if i saw anger in his face coming at me.