Bench clearing brawl

southsider2k5

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 24, 2015 -> 07:13 AM)
Yep, two for Samardzija as well.

Obviously MLB is going to make an example out of Ventura this time around...no way around that.

"This game is emotional, and it seems to follow them around," Sox manager Robin Ventura said. "It has happened often enough. Everybody gets emotional."

www.chicagotribune.com

As they should. I don't recall Samardzija yelling at other teams or throwing at their heads. What else has he done this year that you consider 2?

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I watched that video on MLB of Ventura almost getting into a fight with Mike Trout. At first Trout was like what is this dude doing, but when he crossed home plate he was pretty pissed at Ventura. Ventura wanted no part of that.

Ventura is that dude that starts a fight and then hides behind his big friend.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Apr 24, 2015 -> 12:28 PM)
I watched that video on MLB of Ventura almost getting into a fight with Mike Trout. At first Trout was like what is this dude doing, but when he crossed home plate he was pretty pissed at Ventura. Ventura wanted no part of that.

Ventura is that dude that starts a fight and then hides behind his big friend.

Ventura does this showoff leg kick when he throws hard and Trout put it right back at his face. Karma at its best. Yost's interview of course was a lot of "I didnt see anything" and "he pitches with emotion."

Just watch when he plunked Lawrie, he walks towards him for no reason while Lawrie just stares at first base and walks down the line. He's a punk.

Edited by RockRaines

QUOTE (ptatc @ Apr 24, 2015 -> 11:26 AM)
As they should. I don't recall Samardzija yelling at other teams or throwing at their heads. What else has he done this year that you consider 2?

Hitting Cain intentionally the first series of the seaon.

This all goes back to last year and him getting after Cain and Ventura when he played for the A's.

There's clearly more than meets the eye going on in terms of the backstory with those three...and the Samardzija also getting after Christian Colon from the dugout last night

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 24, 2015 -> 12:47 PM)

This all goes back to last year and him getting after Cain and Ventura when he played for the A's.

There's clearly more than meets the eye going on in terms of the backstory with those three...and the Samardzija also getting after Christian Colon from the dugout last night

Maybe the pitch to Cain "slipped" like the 100 mph fastball Herrera threw behind Lawrie's head.

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/spt-colum...le19382550.html

This is some pretty hilarious stuff on Lawrie...Pujols, also, isn't backing him up.

I will say this: The Star adheres to a strict policy on sourcing, and discourages reporters from utilizing anonymous voices to criticize people. So I am unable to relay the general assessment of Lawrie as a player I heard from various scouts and executives over the past few days. But, man, some of these opinions were hilarious. Scouts know how to talk.

Lawrie is 25. He has never played more than 125 games in a big-league season. He has never played in the postseason. He has been traded twice already in his career. So, from the Kansas City perspective, his critiques of their leadership void may ring hollow.

Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/sports/spt-colum...l#storylink=cpy

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 24, 2015 -> 01:47 PM)

While I don't disagree with the "More there than we know"...it's also odd how it took Samardzija like 3 minutes before he really went after a guy. That suggests to me it was something said right there that pushed over the edge.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 24, 2015 -> 01:03 PM)
While I don't disagree with the "More there than we know"...it's also odd how it took Samardzija like 3 minutes before he really went after a guy. That suggests to me it was something said right there that pushed over the edge.

Yeah, I saw it later at a different angle. Cain told Samardzija to go f*** himself or something like that (they blurred it out), then Samardzija charged him.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Apr 24, 2015 -> 01:14 PM)
After laboring through this game in person last night, I can finally talk about it. That was a tough, tough, loss. Felt something fierce at Avi for not stepping up. His approach is still entirely flawed. He was taking huge hacks when he just had to get the ball in play. I'd like to see Shuck get the start in RF tonight after that dismal display. I was four rows behind the Royals dugout and the only audible word from that fight was "f***." TV didn't really give a good angle (from either KC/Chicago broadcasts) but the Sox were the first to leave the dugout. Sale was first out and Samardzija a few feet behind him charging right when Eaton and Ventura started converging. Maybe I am a meatball because I played but I love seeing fight from our 1-2 punch. I'd feel so different if we won but it was a great game. I am worried about Samardzija getting a 10 game suspension. We can't handle that without off days/extra roster spots.

I have to come he conclusion that Samardzija is just that dude who f***s the humble main character's ex girlfriend in beginning of a '90s movie. I love to have him, but I'd hate him if I were a fan of another team.

I hate him as a person but I like him on our team.

If he misses two start Rodon will take them.

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/spt-colum...le19380393.html

Very competent Royals' columnist taking Ventura to task...saying that enough is enough, and, with Shields and Ibanez gone, some of the other veterans and/or Yost are going to have to get him under control (besides Bonifacio in one of his bigger contributions this year).

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 24, 2015 -> 01:03 PM)

yeah, something was said or done in the scrum that ignited him after the initial Eaton incident.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 24, 2015 -> 12:17 PM)
I hate him as a person but I like him on our team.

If he misses two start Rodon will take them.

Hes been that same exact character ever since he played for Notre Dame...so pretty much hated by half of America before he ever stepped onto a professional baseball diamond. And some traditionalists just dont like professional athletes with outlandish hair, either.

Dayton Moore addresses all the issues popping up this season...

The Royals have been hit with 17 pitches, a number which is tied with Texas for the most in bas eball. They also play with a brashness and exuberance that could be construed as off-putting by opponents.

“They love to play,” Moore said. “They play with passion. But there’s a right way and a wrong way to do things as a professional. Our guys realize that. Now you have to go out and do it.”

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (raBBit @ Apr 24, 2015 -> 02:14 PM)
I have to come he conclusion that Samardzija is just that dude who f***s the humble main character's ex girlfriend in beginning of a '90s movie. I love to have him, but I'd hate him if I were a fan of another team.

Valpo and Notre Dame. Bout sums it up for me.

While I am all for teammates sticking up for each other, I have long thought that if the league really wanted to stop fights, automatic suspension, no appeal for ANYONE and EVERYONE that leaves the dugout or bullpen for a fight. if teams have to forfeit games, oh well. Then the batter has to think twice before charging a pitcher. Do I really want to go after this guy when he will have 8 other teammates on the filed to help him? Hmmm. Now you may think this gives the pitcher an advantage, and it sort of does, but the same goes your the other teams pitcher as well. What Eaton should have done when Ventura yelled FU at him is just stopped, pointed at him and laughed. Just mock him for his childish behavior right there, loudly. And then make sure to let everyone know how much of a childish ass he was at every opportunity. Shame is a powerful motivator. And feel free to talk smack to him next game as well, perhaps inquire if he learned any new words since the last meeting or something.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 24, 2015 -> 01:21 PM)
Hes been that same exact character ever since he played for Notre Dame...so pretty much hated by half of America before he ever stepped onto a professional baseball diamond. And some traditionalists just dont like professional athletes with outlandish hair, either.

I know him personally and thats where my dislike stems from.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 24, 2015 -> 01:22 PM)
Valpo and Notre Dame. Bout sums it up for me.

I have family that live in Valpo and my family are huge ND fans lol.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 24, 2015 -> 01:25 PM)
I know him personally and thats where my dislike stems from.

I know/knew Samardzija personally as well.

After some reflection, I'm just angry about this whole thing today. I'm angry at Eaton for apparently instigating a shouting match, I'm angry at Shark and Sale for being loose cannons, I'm angry Avi couldn't pull the trigger or lay off some questionable pitches, I'm angry about our f***ing lack of execution with runner on 2nd, 0 out in extra innings. We couldn't even effectively get him over.

Most of all, what I'm angry about is Robin Ventura's "things have happened before with this team" comment about KC. What makes me particularly angry is that there is absolutely no accountability and there's no fire from this manager. I want to see some f***ing EMOTION about this loss. You're at home against a contending division rival, a bench clearing brawl happens, five players are ejected including two of your three best starters in an extraordinarily important divisional series that will largely decide how the next month may go - and your apparent f***ing response as a manager is "well, what CAN you do?"

I want a closed door meeting - that should come from Robin.

I want a manager calling out HIS OWN players for their lack of DISCIPLINE.

I want a manager doing ANYTHING to light a fire under this team which has a total lack of cohesion.

We need a CHANGE in this department. WHY do we have this manager?

I like Robin as a player (god I'm tired of that qualification).

I've seen NOTHING from him that he adds ANYTHING to this team in the management department, and the response AFTER THIS - an important f***ing home game against a division rival that we SHOULD have won - is INFURIATING.

These types of games are the difference between 75 and 90 wins, folks.