Personal attacks on Soxtalk

southsider2k5

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe if one looked at the Sox fan site forums ten years ago there were several options. We were the underdogs, the small guys. We have suspended and banned members far less than some sites, a little more than others. In the end, we've hit a balance that attracts passionate, knowledgeable fans, that can disagree without it turning ugly every time. It seems to be a winning formula and without much hyperbole I believe we are the best Sox board out there. It's 2015 and we are still surviving well after forum popularity has declined. :cheers

One thing remains constant, the better the record, the better we get along. Nothing like a slow start or a prolonged losing street (three days?) for things to get testy.

QUOTE (Tex @ Apr 28, 2015 -> 07:43 PM)
I believe if one looked at the Sox fan site forums ten years ago there were several options. We were the underdogs, the small guys. We have suspended and banned members far less than some sites, a little more than others. In the end, we've hit a balance that attracts passionate, knowledgeable fans, that can disagree without it turning ugly every time. It seems to be a winning formula and without much hyperbole I believe we are the best Sox board out there. It's 2015 and we are still surviving well after forum popularity has declined. :cheers

One thing remains constant, the better the record, the better we get along. Nothing like a slow start or a prolonged losing street (three days?) for things to get testy.

i was here with tex and several others, when this place was like the wild west old movies. poster came over the start crap, we won. but it showed that this site had the muscles and the knowledge of the white sox and an owner who care about this site.

i left, due to health reasons, last yr when i came back, yeah there were some new rules. but i believe those rules were necessary as in all things that grows. to keep some semblance of order. plus as always, the most important this is, do not have mods or admins that are dicks.

hOtFiRE remains the funniest seven letters ever placed next to each other on these hallowed boards. I'd like to propose it be placed at the top of the screen next to the tabs: "Calendar Members Search Help hOtfIRe". It doesn't even have to link to anything, just homage.

QUOTE (Jerksticks @ Apr 29, 2015 -> 05:26 AM)
hOtFiRE remains the funniest seven letters ever placed next to each other on these hallowed boards. I'd like to propose it be placed at the top of the screen next to the tabs: "Calendar Members Search Help hOtfIRe". It doesn't even have to link to anything, just homage.

wasn't it HoTFiRe? or HoT fIrE? Regardless, i wholeheartedly agree with you sentiment. i laugh everytime i think of HoT FiRe. it was my inspiration for my "Drain duo" nickname for mirotic and mcdermott. it's a shame the official soxtalk nicknamer retired from his duties...

HoTfIrE :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I ask every year or so, so I figure now is as good of time as any. Do I still have the highest warn rating of any poster not banned? I know that "warn"rating" was a technical term at a point in time, I am just curious if that still applies, and where my ranking on said list would be. It would be greatly appreciated to find out considering the lack of time I have spent on here in many years now. Much obliged.

QUOTE (qwerty @ Apr 30, 2015 -> 08:51 AM)
I ask every year or so, so I figure now is as good of time as any. Do I still have the highest warn rating of any poster not banned? I know that "warn"rating" was a technical term at a point in time, I am just curious if that still applies, and where my ranking on said list would be. It would be greatly appreciated to find out considering the lack of time I have spent on here in many years now. Much obliged.

hey qwerty how is it going.....

QUOTE (qwerty @ Apr 30, 2015 -> 03:51 AM)

I couldn't find a way to rank posters by "warning levels" but you may still hold that distinction. However, there are posters closer to being banned than you. The warning level is only one criteria that is looked at. Time on the site, the nature of the warnings, etc.

BTW, May 13th must have been a good day to join soxtalk :cheers

Two weeks ago I thought you were dead dude. I believed a vicious lie that was being spread.

QUOTE (shipps @ Apr 30, 2015 -> 11:48 AM)
Two weeks ago I thought you were dead dude. I believed a vicious lie that was being spread.

QUOTE (shipps @ Apr 30, 2015 -> 10:48 AM)

All I know for certain is that Attack the Block rules. Permanent get out of jail free card.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 1, 2015 -> 04:54 AM)
All I know for certain is that Attack the Block rules. Permanent get out of jail free card.

Does that make you Moses? :P

Killer movie, really enjoyed it!

Edited by StRoostifer