Josh Hamilton on the move?

ChiSox59

Rangers are thin in the OF.....L. Martin, Rua, Smolinski, Choo. Some injury problems...and Rios left as well.

Dallas reporters think something like 30-40 cents on the dollsr for his contract is fair....cite overexposure already with Fielder, Choo and Andrus as rationale for taking the risk of adding some more potential offense.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Apr 25, 2015 -> 12:25 AM)
According to reports, the Angels are paying $65 mil of the $80 mil he is owed. Not a bad move for Texas, if he still sucks, it's cheap to get rid of him. $15 million, 3 year lottery ticket.

i wonder what the rtn going back to the Angels is going to be.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Apr 24, 2015 -> 04:25 PM)
According to reports, the Angels are paying $65 mil of the $80 mil he is owed. Not a bad move for Texas, if he still sucks, it's cheap to get rid of him. $15 million, 3 year lottery ticket.

I wish the Sox would have made this deal. Angels have handled this whole thing horrifically.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 27, 2015 -> 10:38 AM)
My guess is that Hamilton didn't really want to go anywhere other than Texas.

If the Angels picked up a little more of his contract, I could have hired Josh to be my kids nanny. I'd have to put nanny cam on him to ensure he wasn't doing drugs, but with any luck my kid would become a sober version of Josh Hamilton at the plate, haha.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Apr 27, 2015 -> 12:54 PM)
If the Angels picked up a little more of his contract, I could have hired Josh to be my kids nanny. I'd have to put nanny cam on him to ensure he wasn't doing drugs, but with any luck my kid would become a sober version of Josh Hamilton at the plate, haha.

If the chance was out there, I would have endorsed taking a chance on Hamilton for the type of terms that have leaked so far, for sure. I think it has more to do with where Hamilton wanted to go, then what kind of market there was for him.

Ken Rosenthal ‏@Ken_Rosenthal 8m8 minutes ago

Source: #Rangers’ obligation to Hamilton less than $7M over three years, as was previously reported. Hamilton can opt out after two years…

…#Angels obligated to pay entire buyout if Hamilton opts out. Exact dollar figure of buyout not yet known.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 27, 2015 -> 03:17 PM)
Ken Rosenthal ‏@Ken_Rosenthal 8m8 minutes ago

Source: #Rangers’ obligation to Hamilton less than $7M over three years, as was previously reported. Hamilton can opt out after two years…

…#Angels obligated to pay entire buyout if Hamilton opts out. Exact dollar figure of buyout not yet known.

I think he gets paid $30 million or so the last year. I'm guessing he won't opt out.