Who can the Sox acquire?

ILMOU

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Apr 26, 2015 -> 09:30 AM)
Personally I would go for Adrian Beltre. High price tag but that defense offense combo even at his age is pretty hard to come by

He's hitting .179, he'd fit right in :P Idk, he's 36 , making 18mil next year, would be tough to give someone up, like Anderson, for a 36 year old

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheap rentals on older guys with playoff experience. If it comes to rentals. Aramis Ramirez seems like 2012 Youkilis right now, struggling on a struggling team, although no one is obviously pushing him out.

Carlos Ruiz is still reasonably good and likely available. Gerardo Parra in the OF. Guys on expiring contracts. No need to go all in on 2015.

QUOTE (Melissa1334 @ Apr 26, 2015 -> 09:39 AM)
He's hitting .179, he'd fit right in :P Idk, he's 36 , making 18mil next year, would be tough to give someone up, like Anderson, for a 36 year old

No one suggested giving up Anderson for anyone, let alone an over the hill Aramis Ramirez.

QUOTE (daggins @ Apr 26, 2015 -> 09:40 AM)
Cheap rentals on older guys with playoff experience. If it comes to rentals. Aramis Ramirez seems like 2012 Youkilis right now, struggling on a struggling team, although no one is obviously pushing him out.

Carlos Ruiz is still reasonably good and likely available. Gerardo Parra in the OF. Guys on expiring contracts. No need to go all in on 2015.

You figure even someone like aramis would still cost someone like Sanchez, and idk if I would want to give up Sanchez for a rental player, I still think he has value. One of those nice bench players you can have year after year(replace bonifacio eventually) or if Micah gets hurt or struggles too much

QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ Apr 26, 2015 -> 09:44 AM)
No one suggested giving up Anderson for anyone, let alone an over the hill Aramis Ramirez.

No one did but that's what the Rangers would ask for, one of the better prospects. They're not going to dump him. Even if his value at this point were, for example, Sanchez, I don't think they'd even do that, I seem to recall reading somewhere they want him to retire there(since he's probably a future hofer), >and I never mentioned aramis

Edited by Melissa1334

QUOTE (Melissa1334 @ Apr 26, 2015 -> 09:39 AM)

I didn't and wouldn't suggest Anderson. And if you think he will end up at .179, that's your prerogative. A 36 year old player shouldn't be getting top prospects in return

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Apr 26, 2015 -> 09:47 AM)
I didn't and wouldn't suggest Anderson. And if you think he will end up at .179, that's your prerogative. A 36 year old player shouldn't be getting top prospects in return

It was a joke(hence the smiley) and of course he won't and just saying they won't be giving him away for leury. I'm talking about them not what anyone is saying here

QUOTE (Stan Bahnsen @ Apr 25, 2015 -> 08:19 PM)
Too early, I know, but not too early to know there are some holes that need a fillin'. What say you?

I say you can't force things. Paying out the wazzu for one hero, much less loading up with 35 year old "proven" veterans, won't make the difference. Some of the moves over the winter were premature. The foundation isn't complete.

As for Lucroy, his offense is excellent...for a catcher. But you pay a ridiculous premium for that offense from a catcher. Much better to accept catcher as an offensive hole, and use the resources to improve other areas that can be improved more efficiently.

QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ Apr 26, 2015 -> 03:44 PM)

this org thread is about making a trade, picking up players who can help. i am just pointing out, in order to do any trade, the price of the rtn is going to be steep. the sox are not in a position of making a move without sacrificing somebody.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Apr 26, 2015 -> 03:47 PM)

i agree, it is the cost of doing business.

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Apr 26, 2015 -> 03:52 PM)
I say you can't force things. Paying out the wazzu for one hero, much less loading up with 35 year old "proven" veterans, won't make the difference. Some of the moves over the winter were premature. The foundation isn't complete.

As for Lucroy, his offense is excellent...for a catcher. But you pay a ridiculous premium for that offense from a catcher. Much better to accept catcher as an offensive hole, and use the resources to improve other areas that can be improved more efficiently.

it wasn't premature, the job wasn't finished. the sox FO just assumed to do minimal . however, if all they wanted to do is make an appearance of doing something, so the season tickets can be sold. well they did and accomplish what was needed.

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Apr 26, 2015 -> 08:52 AM)

Agreed that the foundation isn't complete, but the position player side of Buddy's Farm isn't going to complete it either. So far, to his credit, RH hasn't sacrificed anything too significant in this rebuild (Semien, 2nd and 3rd Rd picks this year debatable). Trading some quality MiLB pitching will be a necessity, imo. And I don't see old, expensive veterans as a big part of Hahn's wish list.

I don't think anything was premature. They do need some offensive help, and they're not playing to their level of talent. The pitching can become a greater strength as the season progresses, both in the rotation and the pen.

Edited by Stan Bahnsen

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 26, 2015 -> 10:29 PM)
http://www.baseball-reference.com/teams/CH...le-scores.shtml

We had the same exact record last year after 19 games.

9-10, 4th place, 2 games back (not 3 1/2 - 4).

You are like the Wicked Witch of the West, while she was melting, still trying to throw cold water on everything.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 26, 2015 -> 01:55 AM)
Billy Butler is on fire. Like many of us said, he would have been a great, cheap acquisition at DH instead of LaRoche who can't hit a lefty. If the A's suck, trade for Butler. Dump LaRoche to an NL team. Also, if Avi looks like the next Viciedo, dump him for prospects to somebody.

Avi is the next Viciedo? Avi is only 23 years old.