'Ace'(?) or 'Tub O' Goo'? Episode 25

Guest Ncorgbl

No... As opposed to the positive baseball talk - even when we were stinking up the league - and not all the petty bs and bickering. You're entitled to your opinion and others theirs. You call others "whiney" but what exactly it is that you're doing here, corg? Hmm.. yep.. whining about Colon.

No, Steff, not 'whiney'. Stated flat out, the guy makes no effort for us. Where did you ever read me post anything 'whiney'?

No effort. For the sake of debate, I'll agree with you and say ok no effort. Then I will still take Bart and no effort over 2/3 of the MLB pitchers. A no effort 2 hitter is a nice thing to watch.

I'm enjoying our rotation around here:

Mark - no comment from ncorgbl

E-Lo - no comment from ncorgbl

Bart - Tub of Goo thread restarted or new from ncorgbl

Garland - no comment from ncorgbl

Whomever - no comment from ncorgbl

ncorgbl, keep on posting I love your stuff. I almost never agree but I love your persistance and consitancy. I also can't believe the same people rush in to argue withh you. They can't win. It's like trying to wake a person pretending to be asleep.

:lolhitting

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No... As opposed to the positive baseball talk - even when we were stinking up the league - and not all the petty bs and bickering. You're entitled to your opinion and others theirs. You call others "whiney" but what exactly it is that you're doing here, corg? Hmm.. yep.. whining about Colon.

No, Steff, not 'whiney'. Stated flat out, the guy makes no effort for us. Where did you ever read me post anything 'whiney'?

Corg.. the weekly b**** session can easily be seen as whining. No big deal.. we all do it.

Corg.. the weekly b**** session can easily be seen as whining. No big deal.. we all do it.

Unlike other senior citizens, at least corg is regular :D

This week's is different, he jumped in before the game, not waiting for disaster. I admire that. I also know he'll come around tomorrow and be happy he's wrong maybe eat a little crow. Of course he'll gloat if he's right.

Guys (?) like him are necessary on the boards. They add charcter and charm, like the peeling paint on an antique. I would love to start a collection for corg and Bart to have lunch and discuss their differences.

As long as he's wearing a WS Jersey I'm cheering him on.

Guest Ncorgbl
Unlike other senior citizens, at least corg is regular  :D

This week's is different, he jumped in before the game, not waiting for disaster. I admire that. I also know he'll come around tomorrow and be happy he's wrong maybe eat a little crow. Of course he'll gloat if he's right.

Guys (?) like him are necessary on the boards. They add charcter and charm, like the peeling paint on an antique. I would love to start a collection for corg and Bart to have lunch and discuss their differences.

Read much?

All the 'Tub O' Goo' posts were made before GooBoy's next game. You must've missed it watching the peeling paint.

Some lunch that would be. Not only would I leave hungry, I'd probably get my hand bitten too.

Unlike other senior citizens, at least corg is regular  :D

Read much?

All the 'Tub O' Goo' posts were made before GooBoy's next game. You must've missed it watching the peeling paint.

Some lunch that would be. Not only would I leave hungry, I'd probably get my hand bitten too.

Corg.. why ya being such an asshole today?

If Ncorgbl insists on beating the same drum over and over again, then I guess it's OK to post this for the 200th time as well:

COLON'S NUMBERS ARE THE SAME HERE AS THEY'VE BEEN EVERYWHERE ELSE HE'S PITCHED. IF YOU WANT TO BASH HIS "LACK OF EFFORT," FINE. BUT QUIT POSTING THIS CRAP ABOUT HOW YOU'VE SEEN HIM PERFORM BETTER IN CLEVELAND OR MONTREAL. THAT IS INCORRECT BASED ON NUMBERS, WHICH IS ALL YOU CAN JUDGE ON, AS I AM CONFIDENT YOU HAVE NOT SPENT THE LAST 4 YEARS FOLLOWING COLON'S EVERY START. BASING YOUR JUDGEMENT ON WIN-LOSS RECORD IS RIDICULOUS.

Guest Ncorgbl
If Ncorgbl insists on beating the same drum over and over again, then I guess it's OK to post this for the 200th time as well:

COLON'S NUMBERS ARE THE SAME HERE AS THEY'VE BEEN EVERYWHERE ELSE HE'S PITCHED.  IF YOU WANT TO BASH HIS "LACK OF EFFORT," FINE.  BUT QUIT POSTING THIS CRAP ABOUT HOW YOU'VE SEEN HIM PERFORM BETTER IN CLEVELAND OR MONTREAL.  THAT IS INCORRECT BASED ON NUMBERS, WHICH IS ALL YOU CAN JUDGE ON, AS I AM CONFIDENT YOU HAVE NOT SPENT THE LAST 4 YEARS FOLLOWING COLON'S EVERY START.  BASING YOUR JUDGEMENT ON WIN-LOSS RECORD IS RIDICULOUS.

Last I looked, MLB only allows teams to play in October based on the Won Loss record.

I was hoping you'd tip that one in. :D

Not that he needs and help on my part but corg is correct that Bart is not having his usual season. Perhaps it's lack of effort or age. If we made a historical look at corg's beloved Frank we will find he's not having a career best season either. I don't believe Frank's efforts are lacking and I don't believe Bart's efforts are lacking.

Wins and ERA for Bart

1997 4-7 5.65

1998 14-9 3.71

1999 18-5 3.95

2000 15-8 3.88

2001 14-14 4.09

2002 (combined) 20-8 3.31

2003 12-12 4.08

The only career best catagory that Bart may reach this year is innings pitched and some baseball fans might consider this a plus based on our bullpen woes early in the season. After tonight, this will be his 2nd most innings pitched.

Corg, I guess by the time I got around to reading your posts they were all after the start which is why you were generally wrong half the time. I'll be more attentive in the future. Now back to watching paint peel. :D

bottom line is these threads add nothing to the site. they are whiny, annoying, and played out. the only value is in laughing at corgbl for being such a loser.

remember people, no matter how bad life seems sometimes, at least you don't spend your time posting threads like this.

bottom line is these threads add nothing to the site. they are whiny, annoying, and played out. the only value is in laughing at corgbl for being such a loser.

remember people, no matter how bad life seems sometimes, at least you don't spend your time posting threads like this.

:o

That was a good one, mainly the Ncorgbgl part.

Guest Ncorgbl

With a .500 record I'm doomed to be wrong half the time.

There are many on the team who are not having good years, and every hitter we have had a bad start, we still have only one guy over .300 and that's due to a 5 week stretch of .600+ hitting. That is not the point.

Their poor start and since is not for lack of trying. I believe GooBoy's record is for lack of trying. I think the others make the effort for us, and for themselves, and I think Tub is just biding his time to the big payday. That's the point.

Guest Ncorgbl

I'll have to take this under advisement from the 'Official Redneck' and his brazilian puppy, and file it accordingly. (flush)

That done, I was wondering, not having read any of your 'posts' before, have you ever posted on the myriad of strings about Manuel?

I was hoping you'd tip that one in. :D

Not that he needs and help on my part but corg is correct that Bart is not having his usual season. Perhaps it's lack of effort or age. If we made a historical look at corg's beloved Frank we will find he's not having a career best season either. I don't believe Frank's efforts are lacking and I don't believe Bart's efforts are lacking.

Wins and ERA for Bart

1997 4-7 5.65

1998 14-9 3.71

1999 18-5 3.95

2000 15-8 3.88

2001 14-14 4.09

2002 (combined) 20-8 3.31

2003 12-123 4.08

The only career best catagory that Bart may reach this year is innings pitched and some baseball fans might consider this a plus based on our bullpen woes early in the season. After tonight, this will be his 2nd most innings pitched.

Corg, I guess by the time I got around to reading your posts they were all after the start which is why you were generally wrong half the time. I'll be more attentive in the future. Now back to watching paint peel. :D

No, he isn't.

I never said Colon was posting "Career best" in any category. What I said was that he is pitching every bit as well, or as poorly, as anyone should have expected given his career numbers. The only department Colon is lacking in this year is wins, obviously, which is a category that is affected by many other things completely out of Colon's control.

Career Avg ERA: 3.89

2003 ERA 4.08

Career k's/season avg: 157

2003 k's: 158 and counting

Career WHIP: 1.33

2003 WHIP: 1.20

No reason to say he's having a down year, but if you want to say he half-asses it, it's a free country. Am I not a true Soxtalk poster if I refrain from personally attacking the posters that have anti-Colon opinions, or put on my toga and pooh-pooh all the know-nothing simpletons that are so less intelligent than me? Feels like it.

C'mon, nothing Bart does is Half-Assed, even you will agree with that. :lol:  :lol:
yo

:D But he does haul ass :D

The more I think about it I have to thank ngorgbl for spending so much energy enlightening us on Bartolo. I agree with ncorgbl now. You don't have to post anymore about our lack of effort Tub of Goo. I encourage everyone else who agrees with Ncorgbl to also let him know how much we thank him and agree

Monday night, nobody watching nationally, we just swept his old team, and he's actually pitched a couple in a row, time for a letdown. I think our 'tub o' goo' gets hit big in the third inning, and waddles to the clubhouse snack table early, Monday is fajita night. Wright comes in, exhausted from today, and still shuts them down for the win. After the game they send out for Chinese, the fajitas' all gone.

But that's just me. :fyou bummer31 :fyou psycho  :fyou

Just a reference, this is an example of why this site isnt what it once was. Mindless crap.

Thats what ya get when bmr when mindless piles of crap like ncorg are allowed to post. This is getting truly old. And now he even insults us before we talk. Wonderful... :rolleyes: