**SPOILER THREAD** GAME OF THRONES ** SPOILER THREAD **

TaylorStSox

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ May 4, 2015 -> 11:59 AM)
So should the TV stuff go in the TV thread and this be more of a books thread?

I believe we started this to discuss the book vs the TV series, which basically is us talking about spoilers the entire time.

QUOTE (CrimsonWeltall @ May 4, 2015 -> 11:21 AM)
They had a lot of dudes and weren't doing the typical "ok let's attack him one at a time" garbage most tv/movie henchmen do.

Still, kinda lame death for Selmy

The Unsullied still had shields and spears, which should be really hard to beat with knives. There was a sizeable passage in the books about how the Unsullied were outnumbered like 100-1 against the Dothraki (actual fighters) and prevailed. But here, pretty much all of them but Greyworm went down like nothing. At least Barristan is old and got outnumbered in the chaos, but Dany's "mighty army" should have ended it by then.

/stupid book nerd rant

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ May 4, 2015 -> 07:32 PM)
The Unsullied still had shields and spears, which should be really hard to beat with knives. There was a sizeable passage in the books about how the Unsullied were outnumbered like 100-1 against the Dothraki (actual fighters) and prevailed.

Those were hardcore unsullied. These unsullied go to the brothels to get held like babies. They're soft, man.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ May 4, 2015 -> 11:59 AM)
So should the TV stuff go in the TV thread and this be more of a books thread?

Yea Jason I created this thread to discuss spoilers about the books and tv thread, any non spoiler talk was supposed to be in the TV thread. It was a try to get those who wanted to talk about both to not ruin it for those who just watched the show.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ May 4, 2015 -> 12:21 PM)
They specifically showed him ALMOST get his throat cut. That could mean he's still kicking. But then they also showed him looking like a corpse in the previews. So, I dunno.

He's dead. There's an interview online where the actor talks about how shocked he was because he was also a book reader.

Selmy in his 70's and took 14 people out with him. Not bad.

I imagine Tyrion replaces Selmy as Dany's advisor.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ May 10, 2015 -> 09:59 PM)
WTF, Jorah with grayscale? I think it's safe to say Aegon is not happening.

I don't agree with that but if true it's a terrible mistake, the whole including the Golden Company and Aegon's attempt at conquest is a great storyline that should push Dany back to Westeros. I don't think they would exclude him.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ May 10, 2015 -> 10:34 PM)
I don't agree with that but if true it's a terrible mistake, the whole including the Golden Company and Aegon's attempt at conquest is a great storyline that should push Dany back to Westeros. I don't think they would exclude him.

Let me clarify, the Aegon we know from the books will be cut IMO. My guess if they've merged the character into Trystane.

http://gameofthrones.wikia.com/wiki/Trystane_Martell

It might make a degree of sense cinematically, but it's a huge divergence from the book series.

http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic...th-aegon/page-2

"Dany will not side with Aegon" thread...

'PonchoBear', on 12 Mar 2013 - 09:16 AM, said:

Everyone is under the impression that when both Danys armies of Unsullied, Ironmen, Dothraki and Mercenaries land on Westeros shores that she will flock to join Aegon with his Mercenaries, Stormlands Targaryen loyalists and the retinue of Dornish who journey to see Aegon in the Winds of Winter preview chapter.

I think that Dany wont be standing for what she believes is a fake Targaryen - At least until her dragons show some form of like/dislike for him anyhow which I think may just end up leaving Aegon looking like Quentyn.Martell. Whereas Aegon has already shown he dosent want, or need Dany when he is advised to leave for Westeros without her, so that she can come begging to him rather than the other way about.

Dany dosent beg, She is too proud to beg, and is becoming more and more like Viserys in that sense, This could and I think, will end all chance of an Alliance - And we will see the number of Monarchs in the War of the 5 kings brought back up to 5, as everytime we have been depleted below that number, George has introduced a new Claimant.

Please, share your opinions and poke holes in my theory :D

i think I generally agree with you, based primarily on the fact that if they did join together it would just be too easy, and we all know how Mr. Martin "loves" letting people take the easy road. :D

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ May 10, 2015 -> 09:59 PM)
WTF, Jorah with grayscale? I think it's safe to say Aegon is not happening.

Going through Valyria and I knew it was going to happen. They just smashed all those story lines together.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 16, 2015 -> 06:31 AM)
Going through Valyria and I knew it was going to happen. They just smashed all those story lines together.

I had the same feeling. I unfortunately was underwhelmed by the way that Valyria was presented, as were many.

QUOTE (staxx @ May 17, 2015 -> 09:56 AM)
I had the same feeling. I unfortunately was underwhelmed by the way that Valyria was presented, as were many.

I thought it was decent, had some cool looking ruins, and for a few minutes of air time I wouldn't expect much more (they obviously weren't going to show a whole city of ruins).

QUOTE (TaylorStSox @ May 11, 2015 -> 03:34 PM)
I think my theory that Dany eventually becomes the Mad Queen and is taken out by Tyrion is looking better.

I'm interested to hear your thought process on this, it isn't something I've really thought would happen.

Lots of people are up in arms about that scene last night. They clearly don't know how GRRM wrote that scene in the books, which is so much worse. That being said, last night's episode was basically completely made up. Not that it was a bad episode, but they really are off on their own now. I am no longer expecting anything I want to happen from the books to actually happen anymore.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ May 18, 2015 -> 08:04 AM)
Lots of people are up in arms about that scene last night. They clearly don't know how GRRM wrote that scene in the books, which is so much worse. That being said, last night's episode was basically completely made up. Not that it was a bad episode, but they really are off on their own now. I am no longer expecting anything I want to happen from the books to actually happen anymore.

Mereen is just a huge plot wasteland in the book, they had to do something to speed things up for the series. Dany's plot line is boring as hell even as it is right now.

QUOTE (bmags @ May 18, 2015 -> 11:42 AM)
Mereen is just a huge plot wasteland in the book, they had to do something to speed things up for the series. Dany's plot line is boring as hell even as it is right now.

Yep, other than her dragon returning she just f***ing sits there for two books.

That said last nights episode was horrible.

- House of Black and White was intriguing the way they introduced it, but those were boring scenes.

- Jamie/Bron - that was so hamfisted it was ridiculous. So, they are doing a solo very dangerous mission into enemy territory where they cannot get caught, and their plan was to walk right up to her and show their face to the prince and say "hey come with us it's important!". The whole sand snakes usage was terrible, they may as well have not included them as they did not have time for them.

- That last scene was absurd to put on. Horrible and pointless.

The Dorne stuff us so campy that's it was like it was intentionally bad;like comic relief. I don't think it was as bad as the scene when Bran finds Bloodraven and Jojen is blown up though.

The Sansa scene make sense in the context of the show. I think they're using the scene as the final straw that breaks Sansa and Theon. Now they're going to take control of their lives. I think it also represents the beginning of the end for the Boltons.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ May 17, 2015 -> 12:57 PM)
I'm interested to hear your thought process on this, it isn't something I've really thought would happen.

I don't think Dany ends up as a "good" character. The scene where she burns the nobleman and seems to take pleasure in it was telling IMO. She comes from an inbred line of crazy people. Having Tyrion do it will mirror Jamie killing her father.

QUOTE (staxx @ May 18, 2015 -> 06:32 PM)
Wasn't a fan of the last scene, they could have done a lot better.

Thought it was a mediocre episode at best, probably one of the worst for me in GOT

Same. Top to bottom bad, I've thought season otherwise has been very strong.