**SPOILER THREAD** GAME OF THRONES ** SPOILER THREAD **

TaylorStSox

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Apr 25, 2016 -> 07:29 AM)
did anyone watch "After the Thrones"?

If so, any good?

I had it playing on my commute into work. It's my guys from The Watch podcast. They were trying hard, but it was still funny. Solid insight into some characters. 6/10

I'm guessing it will get better with time as the awkwardness of transitioning a podcast to a television show fades.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 25, 2016 -> 09:12 AM)
I liked the subtle "does the wolf know you" comment, because we know the Direwolf is actually Jon Snow since he warged into it as he was dying. I assume Missandei is going to sacrifice herself to resurrect him at some point.

If Ghost was locked up and out of sight I'm not sure how that could have happened. I thought warging only happened when you could see the object you were warging into (green dreams not withstanding)

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Apr 25, 2016 -> 08:28 AM)
If Ghost was locked up and out of sight I'm not sure how that could have happened. I thought warging only happened when you could see the object you were warging into (green dreams not withstanding)

The stark kids were warging into animals out of sight and I believe Jon did as well. I know Bran was doing it when they were traveling north IIRC.

This episode wasnt good or bad, it was just kind of a establishment of storylines episode. Here is where everyone is right now, here is what they are doing, and here is what they are planning on doing. Those episodes are usually a big let down, especially when you are waiting for 9 months

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Apr 25, 2016 -> 01:28 PM)

I recall various book Starks in the book warging into their direwolves while they were asleep. They initially thought they were dreaming. So I don't think there's any hard and fast rule about visibility.

QUOTE (CrimsonWeltall @ Apr 25, 2016 -> 08:48 AM)
I recall various book Starks in the book warging into their direwolves while they were asleep. They initially thought they were dreaming. So I don't think there's any hard and fast rule about visibility.

Devil’s advocate would mention that plenty of Wargs don’t need to be right next to an animal to warg into them -- as we saw when Bran warged into Summer during season 3’s Red Wedding episode The Rains Of Castamere/chapter 40 of A Storm Of Swords.

And in the book Jon called out to Ghost as he was being stabbed.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 25, 2016 -> 09:45 AM)
The stark kids were warging into animals out of sight and I believe Jon did as well. I know Bran was doing it when they were traveling north IIRC.

QUOTE (CrimsonWeltall @ Apr 25, 2016 -> 09:48 AM)

That may be. But remember, Bran is a greenseer so he's not just a standard warg. And I always separated the green dreams from actual warging. Hopefully we'll find out next week.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Apr 25, 2016 -> 09:26 AM)
That may be. But remember, Bran is a greenseer so he's not just a standard warg. And I always separated the green dreams from actual warging. Hopefully we'll find out next week.

Arya has warged over great distances. I think the book was fairly clear that Snow was jumping out of his body, who knows what the show will do at this point.

QUOTE (bmags @ Apr 25, 2016 -> 09:43 AM)
So - are we moving to a place where Dorn allies with Tyrell to battle the Lannisters?

Anxious to hear what House Tyrell has been doing since they threw the Queen into jail.

While that makes sense with where the two houses are right now, their history is wayyyy to violent to make that a real possibility. And Doran was the only one who may have allowed that, the Sand Snakes will hold a grudge just as hard against the Tyrells as the Lannisters.

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Apr 24, 2016 -> 09:47 PM)
The whole story line is s***, and it doesn't seem likely to get better now that it's all resting on Fox Force Five.

I thought this episode was sort of a nod to people who hate the Dorne story line in the books. "We're ending this s***, right here, right now." No 15 minute scenes with him watching kids play in a pool. The women are 100 times more interesting anyway.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Apr 25, 2016 -> 09:45 AM)
While that makes sense with where the two houses are right now, their history is wayyyy to violent to make that a real possibility. And Doran was the only one who may have allowed that, the Sand Snakes will hold a grudge just as hard against the Tyrells as the Lannisters.

My thoughts too, I think the Sand Snakes are just going to randomly show up, f*** something up, and go away periodically.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Apr 25, 2016 -> 08:48 AM)
This episode wasnt good or bad, it was just kind of a establishment of storylines episode. Here is where everyone is right now, here is what they are doing, and here is what they are planning on doing. Those episodes are usually a big let down, especially when you are waiting for 9 months

Debbie Downer. Why do you always have to be so negative?

I thought it was great. Happy to be back in this world again.

QUOTE (JenksIsMyHero @ Apr 25, 2016 -> 09:47 AM)
Debbie Downer. Why do you always have to be so negative?

I thought it was great. Happy to be back in this world again.

Agreed, and they actually did do quite a bit still for a first episode.

QUOTE (JenksIsMyHero @ Apr 25, 2016 -> 02:45 PM)
I thought this episode was sort of a nod to people who hate the Dorne story line in the books. "We're ending this s***, right here, right now." No 15 minute scenes with him watching kids play in a pool. The women are 100 times more interesting anyway.

But they're not ending it. They're just making it really stupid. The TV Sand Snakes are f'in terrible. You're the first person I've ever heard say anything positive about the Sand Snakes or post-S4 Ellaria.

Ellaria has become a complete contradiction of Oberyn. "We don't kill little girls in Dorne." LOL NM YEAH WE DO. And then she murders his brother and nephew too. Way to honor his memory, lady.

Who's even supposed to be ruling Dorne now? Every Martell is either dead or was written out of the show. I guess we're supposed to believe Ellaria is in charge because reasons? Gimme a break.

QUOTE (CrimsonWeltall @ Apr 25, 2016 -> 10:08 AM)
But they're not ending it. They're just making it really stupid. The TV Sand Snakes are f'in terrible. You're the first person I've ever heard say anything positive about the Sand Snakes or post-S4 Ellaria.

Ellaria has become a complete contradiction of Oberyn. "We don't kill little girls in Dorne." LOL NM YEAH WE DO. And then she murders his brother and nephew too. Way to honor his memory, lady.

Who's even supposed to be ruling Dorne now? Every Martell is either dead or was written out of the show. I guess we're supposed to believe Ellaria is in charge because reasons? Gimme a break.

I agree on the badness of TV Dorne, but I don't agree with every statement you made.

Oberyn's little girls statement was much more tongue in cheek than anything, you really think that Dorne of all places never had little girls killed in their massively violent history? Please. On top of that, Ellaria saw the love of her life's head smashed in, right in front of her. I could imagine that may change one's motives/actions pretty quickly.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Apr 25, 2016 -> 03:21 PM)
I agree on the badness of TV Dorne, but I don't agree with every statement you made.

Oberyn's little girls statement was much more tongue in cheek than anything, you really think that Dorne of all places never had little girls killed in their massively violent history? Please. On top of that, Ellaria saw the love of her life's head smashed in, right in front of her. I could imagine that may change one's motives/actions pretty quickly.

His statement was not-so-hidden insult pointing out that a Martell girl wasn't kept safe in King's Landing, and that Dorne is better because they actually would keep Myrcella safe. Dorne is also the most progressive of the 7 kingdoms in terms of how girls and women are treated.

I understand seeing Oberyn die would be traumatic, but it shouldn't have made her completely bonkers. It certainly didn't in the books.

QUOTE (CrimsonWeltall @ Apr 25, 2016 -> 10:32 AM)
His statement was not-so-hidden insult pointing out that a Martell girl wasn't kept safe in King's Landing, and that Dorne is better because they actually would keep Myrcella safe. Dorne is also the most progressive of the 7 kingdoms in terms of how girls and women are treated.

I understand seeing Oberyn die would be traumatic, but it shouldn't have made her completely bonkers. It certainly didn't in the books.

The thing is the show has broken off from the books. I dont know if it would have happened in time in the books but they certainly made them snap and takeover in the show.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 25, 2016 -> 03:34 PM)
The thing is the show has broken off from the books. I dont know if it would have happened in time in the books but they certainly made them snap and takeover in the show.

I'm totally cool with the show departing from the books. For example, the massive fast forward in Brienne's storyline gets an A+ from me. But this Dorne material is a mess.

If it's the case that GRRM told D&D that the Dorne "slow plays" don't really amount to much in the end, then I really wish they would have just dropped it entirely. Dorne has been easily the worst-received portion of the entire TV show (bad acting, bad 'action', bad writing) and we just found out we're going to be getting more of the worst part of it - the Sand Snakes.

Can anyone explain why the Sand Snakes who magically teleported onto the ship were so happy to be killing their cousin, who had never done anything to them? Are they supposed to be fiery/fiesty or sadistic? LOL ONE LINER

Edited by CrimsonWeltall