**SPOILER THREAD** GAME OF THRONES ** SPOILER THREAD **

TaylorStSox

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Apr 25, 2016 -> 03:29 PM)
I dont think she sacrifices herself at all, and I do think she resurrects him. I dont see why sacrificing herself is necessary, back when Arya met those people in the forest and a guy was resurrected in front of her(pardon me for forgetting their names, its been a while), was someone sacrificed? I thought I remember the priest(or the guy who performed the resurrection) was fine, but the guy who was resurrected said that every time it happens, there is a little more of something missing of himself

I probably have it all wrong, lol. Feel free to correct me

Nope you're right, Thoros of Myr resurrects Beric Dondarrion, no sacrifice was needed. Beric just felt less and less human each time, mentioned he forgets who he is a bit as well, has less memories, etc.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Apr 25, 2016 -> 09:31 PM)
Nope you're right, Thoros of Myr resurrects Beric Dondarrion, no sacrifice was needed. Beric just felt less and less human each time, mentioned he forgets who he is a bit as well, has less memories, etc.

He had already resurrected Beric like 3-4 times by then too, I think. He was still "with it", so the effect couldn't be that great.

QUOTE (CrimsonWeltall @ Apr 25, 2016 -> 03:32 PM)
He had already resurrected Beric like 3-4 times by then too, I think. He was still "with it", so the effect couldn't be that great.

I mean, Beric said in both the books and show that he was feeling less human each time, it's gradual but definitely present.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Apr 25, 2016 -> 05:12 PM)
I mean, Beric said in both the books and show that he was feeling less human each time, it's gradual but definitely present.

Yeah, he died a bunch of times and kept losing more of himself. But still thats what I expect to happen with Snow.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Apr 26, 2016 -> 08:18 AM)
Didn't Beric finally die when he gave Cat the kiss to resurrect her though? Maybe it will be similar with Mel & Jon

Wasn't that because a lot of time had already passed since Cat's death, so a simple resurrection wouldn't have sufficed? I may be remembering wrong though.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Apr 26, 2016 -> 02:18 PM)
Didn't Beric finally die when he gave Cat the kiss to resurrect her though? Maybe it will be similar with Mel & Jon

Beric died because it was so gross kissing Cat after her body had been rotting/bloating up in the river for 4 days, not because the ritual is deadly.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Apr 26, 2016 -> 08:18 AM)

Beric was resurrected by Thoros several times and then gives his life for Cat.

Catelyn is resurrected by Lord Beric Dondarrion, who gives his life for hers through the last kiss. Catelyn's wounds only partially heal, however, leaving her mutilated and without the ability to speak. She becomes consumed with the desire for vengeance over her family's betrayal and murder. She becomes known as Lady Stoneheart and assumes command of Beric's outlaw band, the brotherhood without banners. She leads the brotherhood in mercilessly pursuing and executing everyone she considers a Lannister collaborator, among them Petyr and Merrett Frey at Oldstones.[24]

The Freys slashed her throat from ear to ear. When we found her by the river she was three days dead. Harwin begged me to give her the kiss of life, but it had been too long. I would not do it, so Lord Beric put his lips to hers instead, and the flame of life passed from him to her. And... she rose. May the Lord of Light protect us. She rose.[25]
Edited by RockRaines

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Apr 26, 2016 -> 06:38 PM)
Why the hell does Lady Stoneheart not exist in the tv show? I freaking am Mr. fan of the starks so I can never get enough starks (and snow).

My guess would be they have had this plan to bring back Jon that way and didn't want to cheapen it once it happened by already doing the exact same thing earlier in the series. They introduced the ability to bring someone back which opens the door for what I *think* will ultimately be what brings Jon back.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ May 1, 2016 -> 09:13 PM)
All time great episode, advanced every plot line substantially and threw in some real quality kills.

The big dick guy death scene was the best

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ May 2, 2016 -> 07:33 AM)
That episode was fantastic, if they keep that pace and story building ability it'll be a fantastic season.

And cannot wait for TOJ.

I love this show.

Agreed. Really good episode this week.