**SPOILER THREAD** GAME OF THRONES ** SPOILER THREAD **

TaylorStSox

QUOTE (CrimsonWeltall @ May 4, 2016 -> 12:06 PM)
Alternatively, she becomes a faceless woman and someone hires her to kill someone Arya wouldn't want to die like Lord Commander Jon or future Lady of Winterfell and Warden of the North Sansa Stark.

This seems more game of thrones.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ May 4, 2016 -> 04:17 PM)
I never read the books and barely understand what is happening most of the time.

But why did Arya choose to become a faceless person or whatever she is becoming?

She wants to avenge her family and saw how awesome Jaqen was when he saved her life and wore other faces to pull it off.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ May 5, 2016 -> 03:25 PM)
she also didn't really have anywhere else to go

That's what I was going to say. Dad's dead. Mom's dead. Robb's dead. Brann and Rickon are (thought) dead. Sansa is captive. Jon is super far away in a place not suitable for little girls anyway. Tullys got knocked off.

What's left? Crazy Aunt Lysa? HARD PASS

She didn't know going to Braavos was going to result in an assassin guild apprenticeship. It was just better than being in Westeros.

QUOTE (JenksIsMyHero @ May 5, 2016 -> 10:30 AM)
Didn't she also escape from The Hound and then happen upon the boat heading to Bravos?

She left him to die by the tree (fan theories say he might still be alive, possibly the gravedigger on that monk island). She then went to Saltpans where she found a ship heading to Bravos. That's the book version, I know in the show she also leaves him to die, don't remember if she goes to a town or just stumbles upon a random boat though.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ May 5, 2016 -> 10:58 AM)
She left him to die by the tree (fan theories say he might still be alive, possibly the gravedigger on that monk island). She then went to Saltpans where she found a ship heading to Bravos. That's the book version, I know in the show she also leaves him to die, don't remember if she goes to a town or just stumbles upon a random boat though.

Yeah, I might be mixing up the book and the show. For some reason I thought once she left the hound she was near a dock and remembered she had the coin. I didn't remember her thinking out that she should go to Bravos to get trained. She just did it because of the circumstances.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ May 5, 2016 -> 08:58 AM)

I hope he makes a reappearance. I liked the hound.

QUOTE (CrimsonWeltall @ May 5, 2016 -> 11:29 AM)
The Hound is a boss. I don't think the show is going to fit him back in though.

It just sucks that the story sets it up to an eventual Hound/Mountain confrontation, and Brienne takes him out

QUOTE (JenksIsMyHero @ May 5, 2016 -> 11:16 AM)
Yeah, I might be mixing up the book and the show. For some reason I thought once she left the hound she was near a dock and remembered she had the coin. I didn't remember her thinking out that she should go to Bravos to get trained. She just did it because of the circumstances.

That's sort of what happened in both the book and the show. She had the coin and knew Jaqen was from Braavos. It was a last-chance desparate move to get passage on the boat and sort of just snowballed from there. She's always been on the murderous revenge path so it was a natural fit. Thinking about it a bit, though, that may have been what was driving her to find passage to Braavos in the first place. She knew who Jaqen was and what that coin represented.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ May 8, 2016 -> 09:10 PM)
f*** Ollie and RIP Shaggy Dog. And of cooourse they're dragging out ToJ.

I was wondering what Osha and Rickon were up to... really disappointing to see them in Ramsays hands now. Worthless northmen. They'd better not flay or torture Rickon.... but now, as always, there is a Stark in Winterfell again.

At least Jon will save him.

QUOTE (South Sider @ May 8, 2016 -> 09:33 PM)
I was wondering what Osha and Rickon were up to... really disappointing to see them in Ramsays hands now. Worthless northmen. They'd better not flay or torture Rickon.... but now, as always, there is a Stark in Winterfell again.

At least Jon will save him.

Would be pretty awesome if Osha and Rickon somehow planned this.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ May 8, 2016 -> 09:42 PM)
Would be pretty awesome if Osha and Rickon somehow planned this.

Sure would, would the Umbers be in on that? I guess since Greatjon is dead Smalljon could do what he wants and all three of the young Lords are having a "screw the Starks" lovefest, but the Umbers were not present at the Red Wedding...and were trusted with Rickon...

Also, I find it interesting that Osha is even there as a prisoner. That may lend a little credence to your idea. If they were truly going to turn in Rickon why include Osha? At this point she is insignificant and can just be put to work at the Umbers home rather than turned into Ramsay. (Unless they knew he'd have the hots for her and figured why not give her to him)

QUOTE (JenksIsMyHero @ May 9, 2016 -> 09:27 AM)
Would Rickon kill Shaggydog or allow him to be killed, just for the sake of a ploy?

I did notice that the wolves head we saw looked small for a direwolf.

Yeah. That part I don't know what to say.

It's possible they do get tortured as a catalyst to turn john.