**SPOILER THREAD** GAME OF THRONES ** SPOILER THREAD **

TaylorStSox

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ May 9, 2016 -> 03:59 PM)
It could just be lazy writing to move the story forward quickly, which would be disappointing.

I think it's probably lazy writing - like when Littlefinger delivered an unguarded Sansa to the Boltons because the writers (1) wanted to move Sansa's story forward; and (2) needed something for Ramsay to do. They hand waved it away by saying that Littlefinger didn't know Ramsay was a sadist which defies logic. That ultimately moved the story forward quickly and Sansa is in an objectively interesting place right now - much more interesting than hanging out in the Vale forever.

I suspect we're looking at the same thing here. The Umbers are done with the Starks because Jon (who isn't a Stark by title and has no claim to Winterfell) let the wildlings south of the Wall. This gets Rickon back into the game and gives Ramsay someone to interact with that we have a vested interest in. But it's lazy storytelling.

Either way - stupid ploy to put Rickon in harms way or Umbers being done with the Starks - it's lazy writing. Whatever the logic, if it jumpstarts an interesting arc it might be fine.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well it's different because Littlefinger had a much bigger potential storyline with that move, and remember, he'd burn the entire world if it meant he could rule it. So it totally fits who he is.

This stuff though, it just doesn't make sense from either side.

One other thing to think about is Osha (sp?) is a wilding and has presumably been living amongst the Umbers for the past two years. She herself has seen what is happening (and it isn't the wildings they should be worried about). You wonder if due to the respect of the Starks, Osha and Rinkon were able to convince them that the wildings are not bad people and that the real battle is going to begin and given the loyalties, etc, they needed to come up with a plan to reunite the north.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ May 9, 2016 -> 03:33 PM)
Well it's different because Littlefinger had a much bigger potential storyline with that move, and remember, he'd burn the entire world if it meant he could rule it. So it totally fits who he is.

This stuff though, it just doesn't make sense from either side.

Agreed...why I can agree that the littlefinger stuff was a bit lazy, it still absolutely fit into the overall storyline and it is clear how into power he is.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ May 9, 2016 -> 04:59 PM)
It could just be lazy writing to move the story forward quickly, which would be disappointing.

Or to keep Ramsey on screen. He's arguably one of the most (un)popular characters on TV right now.

QUOTE (bmags @ May 9, 2016 -> 10:50 AM)
Right, I thought so too. What threw me off was how he left, basically not as leader of the wildling army or ensuring support of the watch. I wonder how he patches up power.

I don't think he left the wall, I think he was going north of the wall to go pray at the weirwood tree. I suspect we're going to get something like the pink letter / Sansa's arrival at the wall in the interim at which point he'll raise banners and Davos will set off as his hand.

QUOTE (Nixon @ May 12, 2016 -> 10:56 AM)
I don't think he left the wall, I think he was going north of the wall to go pray at the weirwood tree. I suspect we're going to get something like the pink letter / Sansa's arrival at the wall in the interim at which point he'll raise banners and Davos will set off as his hand.

They should always have a compass on screen.

I really don't like Dhanery's and that ending was meh. Footage looked so hokie. Liked the whole rest of the episode but literally enjoy the show best when she isn't on it. Easily the character I least enjoy (I mean I can't stand sersei or ramsay but it is for different reasons, they are actually really interesting characters).

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ May 16, 2016 -> 09:30 AM)
I really don't like Dhanery's and that ending was meh. Footage looked so hokie. Liked the whole rest of the episode but literally enjoy the show best when she isn't on it. Easily the character I least enjoy (I mean I can't stand sersei or ramsay but it is for different reasons, they are actually really interesting characters).

Daenerys has been an insufferable twit for the past 2 seasons, mainly cuz she has a simplistic approach to everything which leaves a mess everywhere she goes (I had taken to calling her Daenerys W. Bush). Having Tyrion there, who actually knows something about ruling, was going to help before she was chased out of Meereen, but since he did that deal in her absence I'm sure she is gonna clash with him over her moral purity. That was part of her problem and I'm not sure she knew it.

It was just good to see her being a BAMF again, though.

QUOTE (Ezio Auditore @ May 16, 2016 -> 08:43 AM)
Daenerys has been an insufferable twit for the past 2 seasons, mainly cuz she has a simplistic approach to everything which leaves a mess everywhere she goes (I had taken to calling her Daenerys W. Bush). Having Tyrion there, who actually knows something about ruling, was going to help before she was chased out of Meereen, but since he did that deal in her absence I'm sure she is gonna clash with him over her moral purity. That was part of her problem and I'm not sure she knew it.

It was just good to see her being a BAMF again, though.

I think they will clash a bit but I think she got the message that she f***ed up in Meereen though. She'll be open to new ideas and quite frankly she won't be there long.

Anyone else get all giddy seeing the Greyjoy ships? Foreshadowing one can hope!

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ May 16, 2016 -> 10:05 AM)
I was rather surprised that Osha was so blatantly stupid. It isnt a secret to anyone that he is a sadistic mofo, and he plainly left her a trap that she walked right into

Well, you could make the case that she may have been out of touch and truly was unaware. I was more surprised the show brought her back for just that. I'm surprised the viewers didn't get more information about where they had been from her.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ May 16, 2016 -> 10:05 AM)
Well, you could make the case that she may have been out of touch and truly was unaware. I was more surprised the show brought her back for just that. I'm surprised the viewers didn't get more information about where they had been from her.

She knew he flayed people for fun. And yea, thats a tough "one scene and out" for her character

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ May 16, 2016 -> 11:15 AM)
She knew he flayed people for fun. And yea, thats a tough "one scene and out" for her character

Did she? Trying to put the timeline together but how well was Ramsey known before he took over Winterfell? Osha ran away when Theon took the castle. Depending on where her character has been, it's conceivable she was truly unaware how sadistic he was.

Edited by ChiSox_Sonix

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ May 16, 2016 -> 10:18 AM)
Did she? Trying to put the timeline together but how well was Ramsey known before he took over Winterfell? Osha ran away when Theon took the castle. Depending on where her character has been, it's conceivable she was truly unaware how sadistic he was.

They talked about it right before he killed her, about him flaying people. Im sure she didnt know the true extent of how sick he is, but she knew he did some bad stuff.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ May 16, 2016 -> 10:38 AM)
They talked about it right before he killed her, about him flaying people. Im sure she didnt know the true extent of how sick he is, but she knew he did some bad stuff.

And she thought she could sneak attack him, not really that surprising.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ May 16, 2016 -> 11:18 AM)

The Boltons were already known for that, Ramsay was just known for it in the extreme.