**SPOILER THREAD** GAME OF THRONES ** SPOILER THREAD **

TaylorStSox

QUOTE (Nixon @ May 24, 2016 -> 01:39 PM)
foreign invader with a superior military force (unsullied + dragons) occupies a territory without any understanding of how to rule said territory, muddles their way through an occupation in total incompetence while their force that's totally ill-equipped for police work is sniped / merked from the shadows.

this is even alluded to this season when the whore harpy collaborator is questioned.

Cool theory.

Also Meera wasnt a greenseer

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ May 24, 2016 -> 02:37 PM)
Guess I never paid attention that close

Rapidly conquers territory to liberate them from their current oppressive rulers relatively easily with her overwhelming military superiority, struggles to maintain order after conquering because she doesn't actually understand the local economy, society, or culture, can't solve those problems solely through military means. It's totally apt, it was alluded to in a lot of episode recaps I've read.

edit: nm Nixon already explained what he meant

Edited by Ezio Auditore

QUOTE (Nixon @ May 24, 2016 -> 01:39 PM)
foreign invader with a superior military force occupies a territory without any understanding of how to rule said territory, muddles their way through an occupation in total incompetence while their force that's totally ill-equipped for police work is sniped / merked from the shadows.

Meh that's pretty loose.

QUOTE (Ezio Auditore @ May 24, 2016 -> 01:40 PM)
Rapidly conquers territory to liberate them from their current oppressive rulers relatively easily with her overwhelming military superiority, struggles to maintain order after conquering because she doesn't actually understand the local economy, society, or culture, can't solve those problems solely through military means. It's totally apt, it was alluded to in a lot of episode recaps I've read.

This conversation should really go into the buster because that describes way more than just GWB.

Actually let's do that now, any further political talk should go into the 'buster, not going to ruin this thread with that.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ May 24, 2016 -> 01:42 PM)
This conversation should really go into the buster because that describes way more than just GWB.

Actually let's do that now, any further political talk should go into the 'buster, not going to ruin this thread with that.

WE should focus on the actual point of his post in that Meera is in fact NOT a Greenseer.

Not trying to derail the thread, I'm just surprised nobody saw that comparison made before. "Ruling is harder than conquering" is a pretty consistent recurring theme in GoT though, at some point every character is affected.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 25, 2016 -> 08:43 AM)
The whole Bran, white walker, tree people storyline could go away and I wouldn't mind one bit. Getting a little lame.

No way. Make the high Sparrow storyline go away is more like it.....

The High Sparrow storyline worked when it was like a brewing side plot that was taking Cersei down because of her own stupid mistakes, but now that he's in the spotlight I just want someone to off him already.

Edited by Ezio Auditore

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ May 25, 2016 -> 07:21 PM)
So, I'm catching up on Game of Thrones. Just started watching a couple weeks ago. I'm at the end of season 3. Can't believe Robb Stark and Lady Stark got killed. Who killed them?

You need to stay out this thread.

They were killed by a conspiracy including Walder Frey (the guy hosting the party), Roose Bolton (the Stark ally who stabs Robb), and Tywin Lannister.

QUOTE (Ezio Auditore @ May 25, 2016 -> 12:37 PM)
The High Sparrow storyline worked when it was like a brewing side plot that was taking Cersei down because of her own stupid mistakes, but now that he's in the spotlight I just want someone to off him already.

I'd be ok if the show only depicted the Jon Snow, Dany, Arya and Bran storylines.

QUOTE (Nixon @ May 26, 2016 -> 07:14 AM)
High Sparrow plot needs to move along, it's been stagnant for too long and they removed too many aspects of it to have it be interesting for this long w/ so little going on.

Looks like the Tyrell army makes it to Kings Landing next episode, so hopefully they spend a good 10-15 minutes or whatever and really advance that story. Kings Landing is kind of boring without Baelish, Varys and Tyrion playing politics but I think the aftermath of whatever happens with the Tyrell army and Cersei's new plot should jazz it back up a little bit for many viewers.

I expect there to be a very high body count as they clear the payroll for the next two seasons' fx budget.

RIP House Tyrell, High Sparrow, and anyone not named Jaime or Cersei is pretty much what I expect.

Edited by Nixon

QUOTE (Nixon @ May 26, 2016 -> 10:37 AM)
I expect there to be a very high body count as they clear the payroll for the next two seasons' fx budget.

RIP House Tyrell, High Sparrow, and anyone not named Jaime or Cersei is pretty much what I expect.

I think Tyrells for sure as I imagine Margaery is getting more expensive to keep.

QUOTE (bmags @ May 23, 2016 -> 01:58 PM)
I think Coldhands is definitely about to make an appearance, something to help Bran get south. Could be a new or combined character (Benjen Stark).

Ding