**SPOILER THREAD** GAME OF THRONES ** SPOILER THREAD **

TaylorStSox

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jun 5, 2016 -> 08:56 PM)
I thought McShane had a bigger character role. Good episode though, I really enjoyed it

I thought he did a really good job with it, good episode but the next one looks like the usual 1 per season WOAH episode.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Jun 5, 2016 -> 09:43 PM)
I thought he did a really good job with it, good episode but the next one looks like the usual 1 per season WOAH episode.

As good as the next episode looks, episode 9 might end up being the best in the series (to date at least).

And I thought tonight's was one of the best of the season so far. Every scene was good, but the way they re-introduced the Hound was very well done.

Oof, gross. That was a hell of a lot more Kings Landing than I expected. I'm guessing Marjorie is going to "outpure" the high priest, and, armed with legitimacy of faith and crown can reclaim it.

Maybe.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jun 6, 2016 -> 12:33 PM)
Oof, gross. That was a hell of a lot more Kings Landing than I expected. I'm guessing Marjorie is going to "outpure" the high priest, and, armed with legitimacy of faith and crown can reclaim it.

Maybe.

The show doesn't have time for any of Marge's long cons. She's going to have that blow up in her face along with the caches of wildfire.

QUOTE (Nixon @ Jun 7, 2016 -> 09:03 AM)
The show doesn't have time for any of Marge's long cons. She's going to have that blow up in her face along with the caches of wildfire.

I hope so, show sure has slowed down. Tyrell and lannister house should have been destroyed last week. I feel like any minute we'll here that season 9 has been approved.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jun 7, 2016 -> 09:21 AM)
I hope so, show sure has slowed down. Tyrell and lannister house should have been destroyed last week. I feel like any minute we'll here that season 9 has been approved.

What? They aren't actively at war with other houses, these guys have been around for hundreds if not thousands of years. They just don't disappear like that.

I think the pacing of this past week's episode was nice, but I also liked every character they spent time on (and I like House Tyrell...grandma is awesome). I hope Blackfish doesn't die and somehow him and Snow unite together. Curious who Sansa was sending the Raven too (presume it was Lord Baylish, but I suppose it could have been to the iron islands?).

I also wonder if Sandor is going to lead us to Catelyn Stark (since their are rumors of her return)...not sure, but wonder if some in his upcoming battle with the brotherhood without banners (I didn't see the preview for next week so I presume he's about to go and fight them all) leads to that. Or if Catelyn will emerge to her brother or Sansa.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jun 7, 2016 -> 11:27 AM)
I also wonder if Sandor is going to lead us to Catelyn Stark (since their are rumors of her return)...not sure, but wonder if some in his upcoming battle with the brotherhood without banners (I didn't see the preview for next week so I presume he's about to go and fight them all) leads to that. Or if Catelyn will emerge to her brother or Sansa.

Wait, that was the brotherhood without banners that killed Brother Ray and that establishment?

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jun 7, 2016 -> 09:35 AM)
Wait, that was the brotherhood without banners that killed Brother Ray and that establishment?

Pretty sure that was. The Hound mentioned they were followers of the lord of the light. Maybe I'm wrong?

I have no idea. Didnt really seem to me that would be the brotherhoods style to be marauders like that, they seemed (to me at least) to be the type that would be stealing from kingdoms as opposed to murdering peaceful settlers.

But anything i know about them is based on the short couple episodes that they have been in

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jun 7, 2016 -> 09:39 AM)
I have no idea. Didnt really seem to me that would be the brotherhoods style to be marauders like that, they seemed (to me at least) to be the type that would be stealing from kingdoms as opposed to murdering peaceful settlers.

But anything i know about them is based on the short couple episodes that they have been in

My thoughts are maybe this is where you get the story of their leader sacrificing himself for Catelyn Stark (so she can be reborn) and following that the Brotherhood kind of disbanded, persay, and turned more into pillagers. I was surprised when they ended up murdering everyone as I wouldn't have expected this from the brotherhood (rather to your point, they were more likely to steal and pilfer the rich). I figure the Hound is going to reunite with someone tied to the starks (or Brienne). Arya would seem the least likely possibility given where she currently is and we know the Hound wants to find and has been somewhat loyal to the Stark girls.

This is my non book reading theory so hell if I know. Plus I like spending my time speculating on this vs. wasting my time on what goes on in Mereen (where they have taken characters I liked and made them crappy) and dealing with the Mother of Dragons (eh...BORING). Give me more of the North and more of Marjorie and Tyrell and the soon to be resolution that goes on with the High Sparrow (who is a good actor). Basically I enjoy all the main houses (even enjoy the houses I don't like, because they play such awesome roles) except for the Mother of Dragons (and that stupid women trio who are terrible and I'm sure are going to reappear here soon). Sad part was, I once thought the Mother of Dragons was an interesting story but they show somewhere took it in an awful direction (maybe because I thought Mormont was a good character and enjoyed the initial moments, even the end of last season with the sons of harpy and everything was interesting but this season she's been brutal, imo....not sure if it is bad stories or if she just isn't near the actress as this show has some people who literally just steal the spotlight, with quite a few very strong female characters).

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Jun 7, 2016 -> 09:50 AM)
I think they are possibly just combining the Brotherhood Without Banners with the Brave Companions. Lady Stoneheart's MO is to hang people so that is also why there are people speculating that we may be about to meet her

I don't really know why Lady Stoneheart would hang these people (I thought she was all about getting revenge...unless somehow this guy actually harmed the Tully's / Stark's prior to finding religion)? That is the only piece I'm struggling with but I don't really know much about Lady Stoneheart other than it is Catherine Stark rejuvinated (and not quite the same way as Jon Snow). Initial rumors were she was never going to be part of the TV show, but I know their have been rumblings she could be returning. But maybe I don't have enough of an appreciation for book Lady Stoneheart.

Will be interesting if Stoneheart does show up, whether it would be here or riverrun or somewhere else? Also interesting to see if the TV show diverges from what happens to Brienne in the books (although I suppose we don't really know what happens to Brienne in the books). These next couple episodes should be awesome. Would seem most likely that it would be riverrun. The book character was focused on the Frey's, primarily, and I believe Brienne is on her way to the Riverlands as well to get Blackfish's support for Sansa / Jon. You'll also have a sworn Catherine Stark enemy in Jamie Lanister there as well.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jun 7, 2016 -> 10:39 AM)

Generally, I agree with this. But the Brotherhood in the show did sell Gendry to Melissandre, knowing she was probably going to kill him, back in one of the early seasons.

In the books, the Brotherhood gets kind of dark when LSH shows up. It's possible that it was the Brotherhood, they saw the Hound, and that led LSH to give the order to kill everyone (assuming we're getting LSH this season).

QUOTE (illinilaw08 @ Jun 7, 2016 -> 10:44 AM)
Generally, I agree with this. But the Brotherhood in the show did sell Gendry to Melissandre, knowing she was probably going to kill him, back in one of the early seasons.

In the books, the Brotherhood gets kind of dark when LSH shows up. It's possible that it was the Brotherhood, they saw the Hound, and that led LSH to give the order to kill everyone (assuming we're getting LSH this season).

I wonder if Gendry and Ayra reunite. No idea what he has been up to, but presume he'll serve some purpose at some point (and hey...they are bringing back all kinds of characters lately so why not, haha).

PS: I really want 9 seasons (more is better as it allows more of the story to be told vs. moving too fast). I think their is still plenty of actoin that they could get and tell out of an extra season :)

BTW, I've thought about this more, but the whole commentary on Dany being a terrible ruler and becoming Aerys because of that just seems off to me. Martin has had a ton of great people in his books, but few good rulers and those tend to be more mythical than anything. Honestly, which rulers to this day haven't made greivous mistakes? Every single one of them have thus far, including Dany. It very well could end up with her becoming the mad queen but with all the terrible rulers in Martin's books I don't think that is really what he was going towards.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Jun 7, 2016 -> 09:47 AM)
What? They aren't actively at war with other houses, these guys have been around for hundreds if not thousands of years. They just don't disappear like that.

I'm not saying their castles and all of them die, but in kings landing now, you have the players that if removed would essentially move two houses off the storyline.