**SPOILER THREAD** GAME OF THRONES ** SPOILER THREAD **

TaylorStSox

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Jul 8, 2016 -> 09:18 PM)
Baelish at this time doesn't have a squad, so far he hasn't been able to convince Sansa and Jon was just named King of the North, not really fitting into his plans.

And I take it you mean that Euron looks tough on the outside but doesn't have much on the inside?

He's on reasonably friendly terms with the Starks and just fought with them.

Regarding Euron, I mean that the Ironborn in general are a bunch of jobbers, and Yara/Theon took their best boats and a lot of their people. Now he has to built a new fleet even though the Iron Islands are a total dump with few resources.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 8, 2016 -> 03:28 PM)
i could see Euron going to Cersei as soon as he realizes that Yara got to Dany first

What's he have to offer Cersei if Dany is already on land though? And even on the water, what chance do his ships have against 3 dragons unless he has the horn? I'm guessing they open next season with some kind of sea battle and the horn gets whipped out. Otherwise Dany's rise to the throne is going to be anti-climactic.

• 1 year later...

Finally found this thread, so Cersei is going to team up with Euron. Fully expect a sea battle soon, Euron's full fleet is already in King's Landing and Dragonstone is really close to there. Should have an idea of what happens for both sides pretty quickly.

Can we talk openly in this thread without spoiler tags?

Because I thought it was very interesting that Euron mentioned he was going to get something to prove his loyalty to Cersei. And there is a certain item from the books that might be useful when giant dragons are about to invade your kingdom.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jul 17, 2017 -> 11:13 AM)

Because I thought it was very interesting that Euron mentioned he was going to get something to prove his loyalty to Cersei. And there is a certain item from the books that might be useful when giant dragons are about to invade your kingdom.

Spoiler thread, enter at your own risk

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jul 17, 2017 -> 11:13 AM)

Yes, I am shocked they havent brought that up yet. Its either that or something from Dorne

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jul 17, 2017 -> 11:25 AM)
Awesome, so does anyone else think Euron is going to get the Dragon's Horn? I don't see how else Cersai & company would stand a chance against Dany & her dragons.

Yea I'm curious how they are going to introduce that (because it sure seems like something they will need to make any battles interesting). I would have thought it was going to be introduced earlier, but at this point I would guess they will do a quick intro/story around it.

rumors i have heard/read about the gift are

1. The Horn

2. The Sand Snakes(revenge for killing their daughter)

3. Gendry (the last challenge to the legitimacy of the throne for Cersei)

4. Varys/Tyrion (for betraying them to Dany)

The last one i see as being the least probable because you simply cannot sneak in and grab either of them

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 17, 2017 -> 11:35 AM)
rumors i have heard/read about the gift are

1. The Horn

2. The Sand Snakes(revenge for killing their daughter)

3. Gendry (the last challenge to the legitimacy of the throne for Cersei)

4. Varys/Tyrion (for betraying them to Dany)

The last one i see as being the least probable because you simply cannot sneak in and grab either of them

1. Probably the best guess, the most valuable and has been mentioned in the books. Plus it makes the war more interesting.

2. Did they go with Dany or just send ships/troops?

3. At this point, does it matter? Her legitimacy isn't really the problem right now.

4. Agreed on not making logistical sense.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Jul 17, 2017 -> 11:43 AM)
1. Probably the best guess, the most valuable and has been mentioned in the books. Plus it makes the war more interesting.

3. At this point, does it matter? Her legitimacy isn't really the problem right now.

I think they are still in Dorne.

In regards to 3, i wouldnt think it matters a lot, but Cersei is still concerned about perception more than reality. Kings landing hates her anyways, she has burned all the bridges she has for the most part. If a Baratheon showed up and challenged her seat, im not really sure she could do much to oppose.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Jul 17, 2017 -> 10:43 AM)

It has to be #1. The biggest challenge this season is going to be telling a story that makes Dany's invasion of Westeros compelling. Cersei just killed the Westeros Pope and the majority of the family that provided them food and troops (Tyrells). Who (other than Euron) is going to ally with her (particularly since the Lannister's money problems were a real storyline a couple seasons back when the dude from the Iron Bank backed Stannis). How can she possibly hold King's Landing against Dothrak/Tyrells/Dorne/some portion of the Iron Islands/Unsullied/Dragons?

The only way that Cersei is anything more than a passing obstacle to Dany is if Cersei gets herself her own dragon...

Still think Baelish is open for a move for the right price. Besides that I don't think there is any other major house that is willing to ally with her.

Jamie mentioned 3 kingdoms (maybe) that they control/ally with. This was before Euron came over so from my list it was Lannister, Baratheon, Tully. The last 2 are a major stretch, and even if they count their armies are decimated.

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Jul 23, 2017 -> 10:11 PM)
Is it wrong that I was happy when the two Sandsnakes bit the dust? Totally useless and annoying characters.

I'm the opposite. The dorne characters have fallen too easily. Euron wasn't supposed to be a great warrior

Didn't think that meetup would happen that quickly, though as Russ mentioned they were already in King's Landing and Dragonstone anyway.

And what up, Hotpie?! I burst out laughing at "I can't believe I thought you were a boy. You're pretty!"

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jul 23, 2017 -> 10:26 PM)
I'm the opposite. The dorne characters have fallen too easily. Euron wasn't supposed to be a great warrior

Probably because they decided to focus on Ellaria and the Sandsnakes instead of Ariane, Doran and Areo Hotah.