**SPOILER THREAD** GAME OF THRONES ** SPOILER THREAD **

TaylorStSox

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Aug 15, 2017 -> 12:11 PM)
Oh I think there is no way Cersei will accept an alliance. She is plotting something, she doesn't give a s*** about white walkers, all she wants is revenge and the throne.

Don't think she is pregnant either

I think you're wrong on everything here.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Aug 15, 2017 -> 12:17 PM)
The show runners go out of their way to say it's not a linear plot. It's a little lazy but it works out better

But some things have to be linear unless there's some still-to-be-revealed time travel element. Jon's gone from rescuing the refugees at Hardhome to organizing a battle against the Boltons and taking back Winterfell to setting up a government there, traveling to meet with Daenarys, futzing around there for (??) while Daenerys' fleet gets wrecked twice, Highgarden falls and then Danaerys counter-attacks, and now Jon's traveled all the way back North to the Wall.

That's just what one character's done, so we gotta figure on linear time there, right? So why is it taking the Night King so damn long to get from Hardhome to the wall in that same time period? In "book time," just that amount of travel alone would have been several months for Jon. Maybe even closer to a year.

I'll admit that it's a minor quibble that has me irrationally annoyed though.

I was pretty hyped to see the Hound, Beric, etc at the wall, but to get a wight just seems like a silly side mission in the overall scheme of things. Considering they cut the seasons down so much and still found a huge chunk of time for this quest seems odd. I'd rather have more flashbacks with Bran to uncover more nuggets and such, but oh well, hopefully they do it well. I'm sure it'll be entertaining having all of them fighting.

And it sure seems like they are setting up Dany to do 1 of 2 things (IMO):

1. Become too much like the Mad King and get killed off

2. Jon is able to counsel her enough in a marriage as they co-rule

I'm leaning towards #1 as being the choice, just too many references thus far to her father, her cruelty, Varys, etc.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Aug 15, 2017 -> 01:03 PM)
I was pretty hyped to see the Hound, Beric, etc at the wall, but to get a wight just seems like a silly side mission in the overall scheme of things. Considering they cut the seasons down so much and still found a huge chunk of time for this quest seems odd. I'd rather have more flashbacks with Bran to uncover more nuggets and such, but oh well, hopefully they do it well. I'm sure it'll be entertaining having all of them fighting.

And it sure seems like they are setting up Dany to do 1 of 2 things (IMO):

1. Become too much like the Mad King and get killed off

2. Jon is able to counsel her enough in a marriage as they co-rule

I'm leaning towards #1 as being the choice, just too many references thus far to her father, her cruelty, Varys, etc.

The book always alluded to there being a 3 headed dragon. We have two, there has to be one more IMO.

Winds of Winter will likely be out next year. Who knows if A Dream of Spring ever sees the light of day. G.R.R.M turns 69 next month and he may not be around if it takes him another seven years as cruel as that sounds.

Regardless, I think the books will be radically different from the corresponding TV material. We've already seen a ton of differences and I think those will only get more pronounced as the stories approach their end games.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Aug 15, 2017 -> 08:13 PM)
Winds of Winter will likely be out next year. Who knows if A Dream of Spring ever sees the light of day. G.R.R.M turns 69 next month and he may not be around if it takes him another seven years as cruel as that sounds.

Regardless, I think the books will be radically different from the corresponding TV material. We've already seen a ton of differences and I think those will only get more pronounced as the stories approach their end games.

We've been saying this for like 3 years. Put me in the camp that doesn't think we will ever see another book in the series...

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Aug 16, 2017 -> 10:47 AM)
Apparently HBO Spain released (accidentally?) the entire next episode, so of course a bunch of people grabbed it and were streaming it. Lots more spoilers confirmed. Some pretty hokey looking CGI.

I saw a leaked photo of something, it'll be a bigger episode than people think.

Since it was just a photo not sure on the quality, but yea there will be a lot of CGI (as seen before with the wights anyways).

QUOTE (illinilaw08 @ Aug 16, 2017 -> 09:50 AM)
We've been saying this for like 3 years. Put me in the camp that doesn't think we will ever see another book in the series...

Unless you think he dies in the next two years or simply gives up on the series, he'll release Winds of Winter. There has been a ton of smoke that this one is coming pretty soon and I think next year (before the final season of the show) is realistic.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Aug 16, 2017 -> 10:53 AM)
I saw a leaked photo of something, it'll be a bigger episode than people think.

Since it was just a photo not sure on the quality, but yea there will be a lot of CGI (as seen before with the wights anyways).

I saw the Night king down viserion, is that what you saw?

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Aug 17, 2017 -> 08:57 AM)

gonna be funny when the only reason the NK can get past the wall is thanks to having a dragon that's the result of Jon's dumb plan to capture a wight

edit: that's just my speculation but it's based on major spoilers

Turned out to be the dumbest plan ever... now they have a dragon. They will get through the wall much easier now.