**SPOILER THREAD** GAME OF THRONES ** SPOILER THREAD **

TaylorStSox

QUOTE (JenksIsMyHero @ Aug 22, 2017 -> 12:10 PM)
I have to believe that Jon has communicated his plan to go north of the wall and get the wight to her at some point. Even if he didn't, that explanation would have been provided in the invite to the summit with Cersei since that's the whole point - come see proof of the army that we all must defeat. She'd be pretty negligent in her duties as Queen of the North if she doesn't at least attend a meeting to discuss a possible coalition to defeat an army that is so close to her territory.

And she needs to send someone she can trust. I don't buy that she can't trust Littlefinger (with her life anyway). He's had several opportunities to kill her if he wanted to and hasn't. He had no obligation to bring the knights of the Vale to save her and Jon and win back Winterfell. And I think she's still surrended by northern bannerman. Littlefinger would be foolish to kill her at this point.

I dunno, I don't see a problem there.

I thought Sansa said she hadn't heard from Jon in weeks (or maybe I'm misremembering). I agree that Sansa didn't want to go to be prisoner and thought Brienne was the best fit, since Jamie would likely protect her. What I didn't follow was I presumed Sansa was going to use Brienne to talk to Arya but maybe there is something else related to this and Sansa/Ayra are just going to have a deep dive hear-to-heart. Honestly, at one point, I thought maybe Ayra was going to kill Sansa.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (illinilaw08 @ Aug 22, 2017 -> 12:34 PM)
Sansa said she hadn't heard from Jon in weeks. So that, to me, meant he hadn't communicated his terrible plan to her.

Sansa sent Brienne away after Arya started coming at her, and after Baelish said, "hey maybe Brienne could help you with Arya." There are literally any number of Northern lords that could have gone to this summit. Sansa sending her bodyguard away as her proxy makes absolutely no sense.

Sansa sent Brienne because she doesn't trust the lords (I presume) and also because I think she trust Brienne more then others and believes Jamie would not hurt her. If you were the starks, would you want to send a Northern lord to deal with the Lannisters....don't you think Sansa remembers who the Bolton's were and what they did. Heck, just think about how the Tarly's turned too. The last thing I would do if I was Sansa was send anyone other then someone who is extremely loyal to me to visit Cersei (cause she can and will turn almost anyone). I presume it was the reminder of Brienne's loyalty (from littlefinger) which made her think about sending Brienne on her behalf.

I actually don't think it's all that complex, it's just the show writers keeping Baelish in the mix of things (and adding some drama to Winterfell). Baelish stirs things up, he's doing that. Sansa and Arya always hated each other so it's an easy pair to rile up. Arya clearly thinks she is better/smarter than Baelish and he's exposing that. Sansa is probably the most disappointing, she was supposed to have matured and see through the BS better, but she is falling for pettiness and Baelish's whispers. Sending Brienne away is a clear Baelish move IMO, she would have protected both and probably would have caught onto Baelish's schemes.

I do think it's leading to one of Sansa or Arya doing something stupid to hurt one another (possibly killing one) before realizing (which is stupid, since they both know his game and should be above it at this point), but probably more realistic is they have a fight and Arya realizes she can't stay at Winterfell and goes south to continue her assassinations.

I took the conversations with Littlefinger and with Brienne in a completely different way.

Littlefinger said something along the lines that Brienne would protect either sister in a fight no matter who started it.

So if Sansa wanted to kill off or get rid of Arya, Brienne could not be there.

Sansa's whole story about sending Brienne as her proxy to this meeting is just an excuse to get Brienne out of the castle. Sansa started to get angry with Brienne in their meeting because Sansa just wants her gone. She doesn't care what Brienne has to say.

I expect Sansa to try to kill Arya in the finale. Either that, or this is a huge mind game with Littlefinger.

QUOTE (SexiAlexei @ Aug 22, 2017 -> 01:58 PM)
I took the conversations with Littlefinger and with Brienne in a completely different way.

Littlefinger said something along the lines that Brienne would protect either sister in a fight no matter who started it.

So if Sansa wanted to kill off or get rid of Arya, Brienne could not be there.

Sansa's whole story about sending Brienne as her proxy to this meeting is just an excuse to get Brienne out of the castle. Sansa started to get angry with Brienne in their meeting because Sansa just wants her gone. She doesn't care what Brienne has to say.

I expect Sansa to try to kill Arya in the finale. Either that, or this is a huge mind game with Littlefinger.

I can see that as well. The stark characters in general are just fantastic (as are the lanisters). To me the show could do without any of the other families and I'd be entertained. My exception to the rule is Bran.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Aug 22, 2017 -> 02:01 PM)
If Sansa really does try to kill Arya now, it would be the stupidest writing ever.

I figure if anyone does the killing it would be Arya. Sansa is just smarter and far more grown up. The reality is they didn't get along and neither of them really know what happened to one another over time. Sansa has toughened up a lot and if Arya knew the truth, I think she'd have a lot more respect for Sansa and recognize that they are more similar then different. I presume at some point they are going to figure that out.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Aug 22, 2017 -> 04:02 PM)
I figure if anyone does the killing it would be Arya. Sansa is just smarter and far more grown up. The reality is they didn't get along and neither of them really know what happened to one another over time. Sansa has toughened up a lot and if Arya knew the truth, I think she'd have a lot more respect for Sansa and recognize that they are more similar then different. I presume at some point they are going to figure that out.

I agree, but the last episode was Sansa playing right into Littlefinger's plan. It was a complete reversal of her from earlier this season and back to her naive ways. So which one prevails? Will she actually be mature or be manipulated, again?

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Aug 22, 2017 -> 03:56 PM)
I actually don't think it's all that complex, it's just the show writers keeping Baelish in the mix of things (and adding some drama to Winterfell). Baelish stirs things up, he's doing that. Sansa and Arya always hated each other so it's an easy pair to rile up. Arya clearly thinks she is better/smarter than Baelish and he's exposing that. Sansa is probably the most disappointing, she was supposed to have matured and see through the BS better, but she is falling for pettiness and Baelish's whispers. Sending Brienne away is a clear Baelish move IMO, she would have protected both and probably would have caught onto Baelish's schemes.

I do think it's leading to one of Sansa or Arya doing something stupid to hurt one another (possibly killing one) before realizing (which is stupid, since they both know his game and should be above it at this point), but probably more realistic is they have a fight and Arya realizes she can't stay at Winterfell and goes south to continue her assassinations.

Of all the stuff I hate/find unbelievable about this season, this is right up there as the worst. Both of these girls/women went through hell and back to get back home. They've lost their parents and some siblings, they've endured rape, torture, beatings and almost being killed. Their prior dislike of each other - when they were mere children - would not have continued to the present time. It was all typical kid/sibling stuff. I find it completely implausible that they would both still hold a grudge against one another despite everything they've gone through to survive.

This is especially true with regard to that note that Arya found. She honestly believes that Sansa wrote that willingly? That after her father was murdered by the Lannisters she was all hunky-dory because she was in line to be queen? GMAFB. That whole story line is as dumb as the armistice one.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Aug 22, 2017 -> 04:10 PM)
I thought this was an interesting read / theory. The points around Arya made a lot of sense. I'll make the bold claim that Littlefinger will die in the next episode.

http://www.esquire.com/entertainment/tv/ne...eason-7-theory/

Why have a private conversation to trick Littlefinger? Seems unnecessary. If that convo was in the open, then I could buy it.

QUOTE (JenksIsMyHero @ Aug 22, 2017 -> 02:44 PM)
Why have a private conversation to trick Littlefinger? Seems unnecessary. If that convo was in the open, then I could buy it.

Maybe because he always has spies nearby? You never know who could be hiding nearby helping him out. I dunno....I'm really grasping at straws here.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Aug 22, 2017 -> 04:49 PM)
Maybe because he always has spies nearby? You never know who could be hiding nearby helping him out. I dunno....I'm really grasping at straws here.

We all are to try and make sense of where this show has gone. A great series of books is going to end in a whimper.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Aug 22, 2017 -> 03:56 PM)

I agree with everything here.

Pretty dissapointed with the episode and the season. Tonight was super predictable. The Littlefinger death should have been cool, but felt completely lacking. What else really happened? The only part I liked was Euron pretending to be scared and Cersei plotting her next move for once the war against the dead is over. Otherwise, this was a pretty forgettable episode given there are only six left.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Aug 27, 2017 -> 10:48 PM)
Pretty dissapointed with the episode and the season. Tonight was super predictable. The Littlefinger death should have been cool, but felt completely lacking. What else really happened? The only part I liked was Euron pretending to be scared and Cersei plotting her next move for once the war against the dead is over. Otherwise, this was a pretty forgettable episode given there are only six left.

Several large plot points were realized, a new one seemingly legitimized with Tyrion potentially betraying Daenarys. Jamie BAILS on Cersei, Qyburns zombie-boner is raging, Cleganebowl pretty much confirmed, Baelish finally got what he has had coming for 7 f***ing seasons, Bran finally listens to what Lyanna was saying to Ned ;-) bad ass blue fire breathing dragon even deadlier than regular fire breathing dragon pwns the wall... forgettable indeed. You will have forgotten all of this even happened by the time you are making your popcorn and nerding out to the season premier in 12-18 months. Christ some people are hard to please. It's not without its faults but if you really wanted to turn off the show while Baelish was finally getting his... or when Mountain might be killing Jamie.. because it was TOO predictable then guess what, you are THINKING too much. Predictability isnt necessarily a bad thing. How do like 90% of shows and movies that all have good and evil usually end? Guess what, good prevails over evil. Since the bible, since stories in general, because guess what.. good is cooler than evil. Here's unpredictable for you, a giant meteor crashes into Westeros and does the majority of the NKs work for him. Littlefinger mindf***s Sansa and Arya into killing each other. Cersei wins over a dragon by sheer political prowess. Edmure Tully finds his way to the dragon pit and kills everyone. Ahhh yes, instant satisfaction due to the unpredictable nature of the show? If you are expecting unpredictability with 1 season left at this point, you are fooling yourself.

Edited by South Sider

In the big meeting, when the Hound talked to the Mountain, he asked "You know who's coming for you, don't you??"

Any idea who he was referring to? I didn't think the Hound was referring to himself but I guess it was possible

QUOTE (South Sider @ Aug 28, 2017 -> 12:27 AM)
Several large plot points were realized, a new one seemingly legitimized with Tyrion potentially betraying Daenarys. Jamie BAILS on Cersei, Qyburns zombie-boner is raging, Cleganebowl pretty much confirmed, Baelish finally got what he has had coming for 7 f***ing seasons, Bran finally listens to what Lyanna was saying to Ned ;-) bad ass blue fire breathing dragon even deadlier than regular fire breathing dragon pwns the wall... forgettable indeed. You will have forgotten all of this even happened by the time you are making your popcorn and nerding out to the season premier in 12-18 months. Christ some people are hard to please. It's not without its faults but if you really wanted to turn off the show while Baelish was finally getting his... or when Mountain might be killing Jamie.. because it was TOO predictable then guess what, you are THINKING too much. Predictability isnt necessarily a bad thing. How do like 90% of shows and movies that all have good and evil usually end? Guess what, good prevails over evil. Since the bible, since stories in general, because guess what.. good is cooler than evil. Here's unpredictable for you, a giant meteor crashes into Westeros and does the majority of the NKs work for him. Littlefinger mindf***s Sansa and Arya into killing each other. Cersei wins over a dragon by sheer political prowess. Edmure Tully finds his way to the dragon pit and kills everyone. Ahhh yes, instant satisfaction due to the unpredictable nature of the show? If you are expecting unpredictability with 1 season left at this point, you are fooling yourself.

I must have missed the Tyrion potentially betraying Dany plot point. When did this happen? And a Qyburn zombie-boner & a future Cleganebowl being confirmed while fun aren't exactly major plot points. Last night's episode wasn't bad, I definitely overreacted a bit because of unrealistic expectations of what a finale in the penultimate season should be like. But I do stand by the claim of the episode being way too predictable, given that the "anything can happen / anyone can die" vibe is a big part of the allure of the show in the first place. Nothing wrong with one big twist or turn as we approach the end game, even if "good prevail over evil" as you state.

This season overall has been disappointing though, with some of the worst pacing the show has ever seen. And with that came way too much convenient storytelling. This season screamed out to me that the producers of the show are finally getting worn down from running it and want to get to finish line ASAP. The production remains top notch, but some of the writing just feels lazy at this point. Also, how in the world are they going to wrap things up in six episodes? They need to settle both the Great War & Iron Throne storylines in about 400 minutes. Hopefully they can pull it off without feeling rushed.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Aug 28, 2017 -> 06:32 AM)
I must have missed the Tyrion potentially betraying Dany plot point. When did this happen? And a Qyburn zombie-boner & a future Cleganebowl being confirmed while fun aren't exactly major plot points. Last night's episode wasn't bad, I definitely overreacted a bit because of unrealistic expectations of what a finale in the penultimate season should be like. But I do stand by the claim of the episode being way too predictable, given that the "anything can happen / anyone can die" vibe is a big part of the allure of the show in the first place. Nothing wrong with one big twist or turn as we approach the end game, even if "good prevail over evil" as you state.

This season overall has been disappointing though, with some of the worst pacing the show has ever seen. And with that came way too much convenient storytelling. This season screamed out to me that the producers of the show are finally getting worn down from running it and want to get to finish line ASAP. The production remains top notch, but some of the writing just feels lazy at this point. Also, how in the world are they going to wrap things up in six episodes? They need to settle both the Great War & Iron Throne storylines in about 400 minutes. Hopefully they can pull it off without feeling rushed.

I can see them not wrapping it up, and making a movie. It's been done before by HBO and a GoT movie would be huge