**SPOILER THREAD** GAME OF THRONES ** SPOILER THREAD **

TaylorStSox

QUOTE (Nixon @ Jun 14, 2016 -> 01:18 AM)
Tyrion found a cache of it and ordered new stuff made, remember he met with the alchemists? Sending the spiders who know all the secret passages around KL and can move unnoticed and unfettered is exactly the kind of resource you'd use to ferret out the remaining caches. Aerys put that s*** all over the city.

What information are they going to find about the HS? He already told Marge about his prior life as a sinner and would just use it as an example that everyone can be redeemed and reborn in the light of the seven.

If the HS is actively sinning or being hypocritical, that would be a huge blow to his credibility.

I just don't see how Wildfire is a "rumor" anymore. It was confirmed. Cersei could go straight to the Alchemists and request some if she wanted.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (CrimsonWeltall @ Jun 14, 2016 -> 04:51 AM)
If the HS is actively sinning or being hypocritical, that would be a huge blow to his credibility.

I just don't see how Wildfire is a "rumor" anymore. It was confirmed. Cersei could go straight to the Alchemists and request some if she wanted.

I almost wondered if Cersei was going to admit the rumor that the King didn't really have any royal blood in him and that he was in fact the Kingslayers lovechild. Talk about a twist ;)

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jun 14, 2016 -> 03:24 PM)
I almost wondered if Cersei was going to admit the rumor that the King didn't really have any royal blood in him and that he was in fact the Kingslayers lovechild. Talk about a twist ;)

She doesn't need Qyburn to know those rumors are true.

Someone find Gendry and put him on the throne.

QUOTE (CrimsonWeltall @ Jun 14, 2016 -> 07:26 AM)

Oh I know...just being a bit of a smart ass. I presume it will be some lewd act that was done by the high septor.

QUOTE (CrimsonWeltall @ Jun 14, 2016 -> 08:26 AM)

Gendry's been in that rowboat for the last 4 seasons... I keep expecting him to pop up in Bravos or Meereen or something.

I'm fine with there not being a final fight scene with Arya and the Waif. What would have been the point of it anyway? It's pitch black in the room after Arya kills the candle. We're not getting night vision Game of Thrones battles and everyone would be even more upset with a pitch black screen and the sounds of a fight. The point is, Arya knew she had an advantage in the pitch black because of her "training" while being blind. The Waif did not and therefore died. Props to Arya for setting up that trap.

I will admit the whole her getting stabbed thing is a bit odd. That wound should have been more fatal. Perhaps she was resting for longer than it seemed in the show before the Waif found her.

As for the Blackfish going down in a blaze of glory, meh. I could take it or leave it. As soon as he decided to fight he was vastly outnumbered and the fight wouldn't have lasted long anyway. It's kind of pointless to have a scene where Blackfish kills a couple guys and then gets surrounded and killed himself. I would have loved to see him ride north, I'm a fan of the Blackfish, but it wasn't meant to be. RIP Brynden Tully.

Edited by South Sider

QUOTE (South Sider @ Jun 14, 2016 -> 11:23 AM)
I'm fine with there not being a final fight scene with Arya and the Waif. What would have been the point of it anyway? It's pitch black in the room after Arya kills the candle. We're not getting night vision Game of Thrones battles and everyone would be even more upset with a pitch black screen and the sounds of a fight. The point is, Arya knew she had an advantage in the pitch black because of her "training" while being blind. The Waif did not and therefore died. Props to Arya for setting up that trap.

I will admit the whole her getting stabbed thing is a bit odd. That wound should have been more fatal. Perhaps she was resting for longer than it seemed in the show before the Waif found her.

As for the Blackfish going down in a blaze of glory, meh. I could take it or leave it. As soon as he decided to fight he was vastly outnumbered and the fight wouldn't have lasted long anyway. It's kind of pointless to have a scene where Blackfish kills a couple guys and then gets surrounded and killed himself. I would have loved to see him ride north, I'm a fan of the Blackfish, but it wasn't meant to be. RIP Brynden Tully.

Yeah - I thought it was s***ty use of what should have been a pretty badass character (regarding the Blackfish).

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jun 14, 2016 -> 05:33 PM)
I just finished Sundays ep...and j thought that was the best episode in a long long time. Certainly best of the season. Guess I'm very much alone here on that. My interest had been waning in the show all together, but that drew me back in.

Any reason why? Genuinely curious, maybe I'm too jaded on something and missed a bigger picture.

The episode was just missing the punch that it so tried to deliver imo. These big events just fell flat. For example, after Arya kills the waif, and Jaqen is talking to her in the hall, he's like "yup, you are ready now". What? Why? Because you killed the waif? It almost seemed like Jaqen was afraid of her which is nonsense.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jun 14, 2016 -> 03:22 PM)
Eh the siege of riverrun was s***ty and boring in the book too
Where things suck...they should just change it. I never read the book so I base all my opinions on the TV show (although do use google to learn more of the backstory on various characters which got more play in the book (for my own understanding). If they sucked in the book, than they should have tried to maybe liven them up / make adjustments (after all, now it is there story to tell since the author took his sweet ass time writing).

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Jun 14, 2016 -> 03:39 PM)
Any reason why? Genuinely curious, maybe I'm too jaded on something and missed a bigger picture.

The episode was just missing the punch that it so tried to deliver imo. These big events just fell flat. For example, after Arya kills the waif, and Jaqen is talking to her in the hall, he's like "yup, you are ready now". What? Why? Because you killed the waif? It almost seemed like Jaqen was afraid of her which is nonsense.

I like Arya so I thought that moment was good. Not every episode is going to be amazing. The episode before that was just incredible to me and I thought their would be more in this episode, that said, the Arya moment was badass (not her kill but what she said to Jaqen) and I wonder if we look back a season from now and go, oh what a moment. I also felt Jaqen's reaction was more of a proud moment because she figured out who she was and what she really needed to do.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jun 14, 2016 -> 10:36 PM)
Where things suck...they should just change it. I never read the book so I base all my opinions on the TV show (although do use google to learn more of the backstory on various characters which got more play in the book (for my own understanding). If they sucked in the book, than they should have tried to maybe liven them up / make adjustments (after all, now it is there story to tell since the author took his sweet ass time writing).

Yeah, its just a very inconsequential piece of the plotline in the book. In the book Edmure surrenders the castle and the Blackfish actually escapes down the river. But it basically shows nothing other than Jaime is no longer as violent as he once was, thats about it. It just wasnt significant. Oh and I forgot Edmure ends up moving to Casterly Rock

Edited by RockRaines